Lets update BD applicant Status

masketiar

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Abid, let alone coming to workplace in person, they hardly call the employer. I've got my skills assessed for HR Advisor.

Not always true. Two person from high commission came to my previous employer's office for verification. But this is very rare. Normally they call/ email .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys! How much does it take on an average from applying for 190 visa to visa grant? Any idea!! From different people's signature i got different timelines!!! A bit confused!!

I applied in 190 with State Sponsorship. I am now at the end of my processing and waiting for a decision. I applied for state sponsorship in July 2012 and got the invitation in July 2013, so the sponsorship itself took 1 year. So based on my experience and if you minus the state sponsorship, 190 should take no more than 12 months including assessment time. (I'm not considering the time taken to achieve the required score in IELTS)

State sponsorship took 1year? Thats insane!! I am aiming at 11-12 months for the whole process!! And the things are going that way also.

May i know which state you were trying for & with which profession?

Yes, that's insane. But that's the situation in my case. I don't know why it took such a long time. I in fact found some others in this forum (non Bangladeshi) who also waited a year to get the sponsorship. I got the sponsorship from NSW and I applied for Software Engineer (ANZSCO: 261313).

Is there any 263111 applicant who has got assessment result from ACS recently? Is there any deduction of job experience?

I applied as a 261313 applicant and they removed one of my experiences. But not from the first two years, it's after that period. Quite strange though.

Yes, that's insane. But that's the situation in my case. I don't know why it took such a long time. I in fact found some others in this forum (non Bangladeshi) who also waited a year to get the sponsorship. I got the sponsorship from NSW and I applied for Software Engineer (ANZSCO: 261313).

Best of luck then with rest of the process! NSW sponsorship is currently closed! Bad luck for us! Can't wait till net july! So will have to try for ACT or QLD!

Anyone applied for skill assessment as financial investment adviser? any hint how they do the background check? Do they come to the office in person?

If you can provide strong evidence against your employment they normally don't call the employers. I notified all my employers about possible inquiries about me but none have informed me that one such took place. And considering that I got the call for medical checkup and police report fairly quickly, I assumed they didn't call any of my employers. I submitted bank statements that showed the deposit of my salary for the duration of each of my employment. Maybe that's the cause.

If you can provide strong evidence against your employment they normally don't call the employers. I notified all my employers about possible inquiries about me but none have informed me that one such took place. And considering that I got the call for medical checkup and police report fairly quickly, I assumed they didn't call any of my employers. I submitted bank statements that showed the deposit of my salary for the duration of each of my employment. Maybe that's the cause.

My boss also didn't receive any call from vetassess! Its been three months! I guess i should receive my result any day now!

• 2 weeks later...
Its a good idea to call VETASSESS and ask them about your skill assessment progress.

Already asked. They replied "its in progress and there no further docs required! And 10-12 weeks time frame is an estimated one, it might take more than that!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HI,

you can add me.i just started my processing.

Hometown: Dhaka

Current Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Type: 189

Profession: Telecommunication Engineer

State: Not applied

Present Status: Applied for skill assessment to EA on 2nd January 2014.

Happy to add any1.

Thank you

Pavel

Welcome Sadiq bhai!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Adelaide this February to validate my visa and my god I am so much frustrated. I saw aeronautical engineer (passed Bachelors from Uni Adelaide) running a small grocery shop. I saw Architect from Bangladesh working in a mushroom factory. Electrical engineer (MS done from UniSA) working for super shops. If you need to go to Australia , you need to understand that it will be hard to find out technical job and have to stick to casual ones. Need to keep in mind that 5/6 months and good references are required to find one part time casual job.