A request for any in Newcastle area heading for the U.K.

PKyInOz

Hi there,

Maybe a weird request, but I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who lives in/around Newcastle NSW and is heading over to the U.K. in the near future, and who might have a spare few kg's space in their luggage.

Short story is I wanted to send some chocolates back home but when I looked at the Australia Post website I found I'd have to pay about $50 to send $30 worth of chocolate.

If you wouldn't mind carrying it for me I'd happily pay the U.K. postage.

Cheers,

Paul

Guest Guest31881

I hope you find someone but if not , have you thought that unless you particularly want to send Australian Chocolate you can look on the UK sites and purchasing from there and pay for UK delivery.

I think M&S take Australian credit cards for payment. Just a thought if you are sending a present.

Hotel Chocolat do a nice line in delivered gifts as well.

Without being disparaging, it would be a bit silly of someone to take something from someone unknown in their luggage - best way to lead yourself potentially into a whole lot of trouble. I am not saying that you would be putting them at risk but it is a potential risk for anyone to do that.

Fair point Quoll - that thought and others occured to me shortly after posting, the last thing a good samaritan would want is to be lead off for a round of questioning and probing by HM customs.

As a solution I would of course insist on the person inspecting the contents to their content, or I could even give them the cash to buy the chocs from the supermarket, though in that case I would in turn have to trust that they wouldn't just spend that and the postage on scratchies.