time for police checks is ridiculous

kellyjamie

Well have to say im bleepin fumin!

Everything has been finalised except STILL waiting on the police sending our PCCs back. So we phoned them to begin with to ask if there was any delay and we were told no its all fine they will be done in the standard 10 working days, so we sent them on 21st March, would have received them 22nd, we phoned today to ask where they were as surely they should be here by now? No apparently not, it would seem they decided to keep them in their office for 8 days and not even look at them until 29th march!!!!! So now we have to wait until next wednesday before they are done and sent out as that will be ten working days, she couldnt explain why they sat for 8 days without being processed!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: i know to some this may be trivial and your prob thinkin well their being sent out next week anyhow but its the whole point of the situ we paid good money for a service that they have not supplied and cant even explain why not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug: woooosa woooosa ok im calming now

K x

Hi Kelly,

Aww that's bad luck for you, ours were back within 8 days I think.

Our mega stress was when our visa payment was declined!!! :arghh: This was because our visa cost $1735 and due to the exchange rate took us over our £1000 credit card limit to £1085. So that morning at 4am I was frantically downloading payment forms, signing them, scanning them, converting them to PDF files and emailing our 2 X £500+ forms back to the visa people. Thankfully the payment was accepted and we had a visa approval email 3 weeks and two days later! Yay!

Awww the waiting is a killer though and I hated the way that yours and everyone in your familys lives are on hold until you have a definate visa yes.

Hang in there, your day for celebration will be here very soon.

Best of Luck with everything :smile:

Liz x

Well have to say im bleepin fumin!

Everything has been finalised except STILL waiting on the police sending our PCCs back. So we phoned them to begin with to ask if there was any delay and we were told no its all fine they will be done in the standard 10 working days, so we sent them on 21st March, would have received them 22nd, we phoned today to ask where they were as surely they should be here by now? No apparently not, it would seem they decided to keep them in their office for 8 days and not even look at them until 29th march!!!!! So now we have to wait until next wednesday before they are done and sent out as that will be ten working days, she couldnt explain why they sat for 8 days without being processed!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh: i know to some this may be trivial and your prob thinkin well their being sent out next week anyhow but its the whole point of the situ we paid good money for a service that they have not supplied and cant even explain why not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug: woooosa woooosa ok im calming now

K x

Hiya

It is sooooo frustrating waiting for everything isn't it! You pay your money you expect a decent service don't you! Where are you heading?

Have a nice glass of wine (or two) and try not to think about it til after the weekend!

We just received an email saying they have just received ours. We have got our meds on Monday so fingers crossed for that! Meanwhile a glass of wine (or two) for me :biggrin:

Good luck!

Archived