My Son's permenent visa

Troy&Kim

Hi,

My son has been offered a job in Brisbane, he works in insurance. My question is, can he go out on his own as we got the permenent visa through my wife being a Nurse, were moving out in September. Can he still go on his own?

I'm 99% sure he can, but thought I would asked you first before he hands his notice in.

Have a good day

Has he validated his visa already? In which case, yes he can go ahead of the primary visa holder. If he has not validated his visa then IIRC the primary visa holder has to validate first or at the same time as the others included on the visa, so, no he wouldnt be allowed to go on his own first.

You were lucky to get him on your visa at all as he is not apparently dependent on you.

Hi,

My son has been offered a job in Brisbane, he works in insurance. My question is, can he go out on his own as we got the permenent visa through my wife being a Nurse, were moving out in September. Can he still go on his own?

I'm 99% sure he can, but thought I would asked you first before he hands his notice in.

Have a good day

I also don't understand how he got the visa in the first place...

He can go on his own if the visa is already validated or if it is not validated, then he can go on his own unless there is a condition on the visa about the primary applicant needing to enter Australia first. This condition used to be common but it is less common these days.

Look at the visa grant letter it sometimes has the condition that the primary applicant must enter Aus first. As Quoll says if you've already validated, no problem, if you have the condition attached and you've not validated then he won't be able to enter aus before your wife.

I think a lot of people with older children would love to know how you managed to get him on the visa.

Thanks for all your replies. When we applied for the visa he was still dependent on us as he was still in Education. He's just worked hard to get were he is today.

Thanks again, Troy

The rules state he should be dependent at time of visa grant, not application? Did you get round that somehow. It would be intriguing to know, never come across a situation like this before.

Hi,

he was dependent at the time of being granted the visa!!!! he was still in full time education. We've had the visa a while as we have been waiting for my daughter to finish her A-levels. Also trying to sell our house which is very difficult at present!!

cheers, Troy

Guest guest30038

Sent you a pm Troy. Nice to see you alive and kicking, congrats to the lad and good luck to the lass with her A levels.

kev and bridget

Guest NeilEB

Of ocurse, if the condition is in the visa, couldn't your wife go out with your son (help him settle in and then return waiting for the rest of the family)?

Of course, if you've 'had it a while' you may have validated already - seeing as you only have around 12 months to validate

Archived