Infant online booking

Guest Revs30

Guest Revs30

Just trying to book flights now. (Singapore Airlines)

Having a nightmare, i want our child (will be 1 month short of 2). I want her to have her own seat so how do i book it? Can i book her in as a 2-11 year old and pay the extra? Will they allow this as it's not her correct age?

Also it doesnt say anything about car seats? She will be too small i presume to just sit on a seat so how do i book her car seat, or does it just go on as hand luggage?

ARGHHHHH!

Ok.....breathe! :cute:

I have just got back from a 3week trip to WA & we flew Singapore airlines with our 3 month old Daughter

You need to book your baby a bassinet...its a cot on the wall in front of you...Put your babies correct age :yes: & get the bassinet seat booked asap...We were behind the galley, which was good as you werent bothered by toilet smells! :tongue:

We didnt take her car seat, as when they need to be sat on your lap, you have a special extension lap belt for them

I was getting myself in a right muddle before our flight, but all went really well & the staff were so helpful :yes:

Ask away with any other baby related questions :wubclub:

Guest Revs30

The thing is that I don't want them (we have 2 kids) to be constantly on our laps. Our boy (4yrs old) will prob be good as gold what with the in flight entertainment etc. But our daughter is a right little wriggler!

The thing is that I don't want them (we have 2 kids) to be constantly on our laps. Our boy (4yrs old) will prob be good as gold what with the in flight entertainment etc. But our daughter is a right little wriggler!

Your 4 year old will have his own seat & your baby will be in the bassinet most times, only during taxi,take off, landing & turbulance that you'll have to have the baby on your lap

Hope this helps :cute:

Guest Revs30

But isn't a bassinet for babies as in babies if you get me?

She will be one month short of 2 years old, runs around (literally) all over the place etc. The bassinet wouldn't suit her would it? She loves to watch peppa pig, fifi, etc so thought a seat would be better?

But isn't a bassinet for babies as in babies if you get me?

She will be one month short of 2 years old, runs around (literally) all over the place etc. The bassinet wouldn't suit her would it? She loves to watch peppa pig, fifi, etc so thought a seat would be better?

...I didnt understand that in your first post, thought you were saying she was 1month, nearly 2 months!!! :confused:

Ok, well, if I was you I would ring the airline & get advice on how to book a seat :yes: They are very helpfull

Guest Revs30
...I didnt understand that in your first post, thought you were saying she was 1month, nearly 2 months!!! :confused:

Ok, well, if I was you I would ring the airline & get advice on how to book a seat :yes: They are very helpfull

LOL, ok will do

Guest Revs30
P.S....you can still get a bassinet for her to sleep in , I saw lots of older children in them :yes: Think there is a weight restcrition though

Oooooh ok, think the reclining car seat should be ok though if it's allowed on

She will probably be struggling in a bassinette or even a recliner seat to be honest but if you need her to have a seat then you will have to pay the price for a seat so you might just as well say she is 2 because it will cost you that to have a seat for her. Airlines give priority for bassinettes to small babies as well so you do run the risk of having to have her on your lap all the time if the plane is full of tiny babies.

Our granddaughter, at 18 months, fitted into a bassinette quite nicely but she is a very petite little thing, I dont think I would be doing it with her sister at the same age because DGD#2 is first cousin to the Michelin man. There is a weight limit on them too, I think it is 11kg for Qantas

Hi.

I had the same issue. My wee one was 2 weeks off turning 2, so I had to do it over the phone. They put in her date of birth as though she was already 2, I booked the return seat, then they went in and changed her date of birth to match her passport to show it correctly.

I took a car seat with me and secured it to the seat. It was great as I sat her in it, reclined it, and off to sleep she went, even before take off! She was so used to her own seat, I had no problems at all. Only thing is, you have to confirm it has the EC sticker on it, a little orange sticker to show you can use it onboard an aircraft, and confirm if fits the seats. I used a Britax Prince car seat which is a slimline seat so had no problems, other than it is a bit of a hassle carrying through the airport, and you cant use it in Oz so was solely for use for the journey. It did help a lot though in allowing her to sleep, knowing she was securely strapped in and safe, to allow me to relax and sleep.

Any more questions just ask, as I researched it all so much before flying.

Extract from the SA website:

Child Car Seat

The use of booster seats is prohibited.

Approved car-type child seats may be used for children under three years but not less than six months of age. The seat must be forward facing and can be secured to an aircraft passenger seat by means of an aircraft safety belt. It must also be approved under one of the following foreign airworthiness authority / government standards:

United Kingdom (UK) Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)

Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of the United States of America as meeting the Technical Standard Order TSO-C100b; or seats that have two markings: “This Restraint is Certified for Use in Motor Vehicles and Aircraft" in red lettering and “This seat conforms to all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS)".

European Safety Standard requirements of United Nations ECE Regulation 44 (UN/ECE 44).

Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) No. 213 titled “Child Restraint Systems" or CMVSS No. 213.1 titled “Infant Seating and Restraint Systems".

Australian/New Zealand design standard AS/NZS 1754 for infant car seats.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/before/plan/specialneeds.jsp?v=-608127310Header3

Shaz

You shouldn't have any problem getting her her own seat. Just you'll have to opt for the 2 plus age group and pay the fare for the seat. Call the airline to book I'd suggest and then they can tell you what you need to do to alter the birth date to match the passport.

If you book a child ticket you probably won't get a bulkhead seat where the bassinets are. These are given over to smaller babies/children. You'll find yourself sat elsewhere I'd think.

Its straightforward enough to book seats for little people. Just a case of the DOB matching later on for security reasons.

I personally always book online and then call the airline to book specific seats (this is when flying and wanting a bassinet). BA allows you to pre book seats if you are travelling with young children, just call after you have booked your tickets or log in online and book them. Qantas don't promise, just say its noted. Not sure about SA.

Guest Revs30

Thanks all for the response.

Have now booked the seats.

Emailed SA before booking, they said to book her as over two and then email them the correct DOB and they will change it.

Booked 4 seats online and then went into the choose your seat option on the side. 4 seats all in a line in the upper deck as people on here have said upper is the best.

Many thanks for all your help once again

:hug: