Can you sell Bunbury to me?

amanda12

We are a family of five, son 8 yrs, daughter 7 yrs and son 8 mths.

We have been looking at different states/suburbs for a while, we have ruled out qld coast due to heat and humidity, ruled out Hervey bay specifically due to the same but also because we wonder if it's a little too small and quiet for us, ruled out vic because although we loved living there previously Melbourne isn't where we want to raise our family and the climate generally was too unpredictable for us.

Adelaide is defiantly still in the equation. We lime the quieter famy feel but still lots to do.

OH just had a potential job match in Bunbury and to be honest we hadn't really considered WA due to geographical isolation.

I've searched some threads on Bunbury and it's sounds great.

Can anyone sell it to me?? What is living there like?? Do you have plenty to do??

Many thanks in anticipation. :)

Guest susanmary38

we visited Bunno a few years ago, with a view to living there, but we are still in England. Bunsbury is a great little town, with plenty to see and do, theres loads going on up and down the coast, Busselton, Dunsborough. The coast is beautiful a bit like Cornwall but better, Perth, Rockingham are only a few hours drive, and the roads are quiet compared to here.

The are plenty of housing developments goint on, Tuarts Forest, Dallyellup, etc.

I can't say what the place is like to live in, but as a visitor we would recommend it.

Dave n Sue

Hi,

we are on a mission to move to bunbury..... takes soooo long! Any how our freinds moved there 3 years ago and they love it , and there children love it too (settled so quick)

We stayed with them and its strange but it felt like home, the folks are so friendly and we had so many invites, it was like it was meant to be ... if you know what i mean, like we just belonged. yep we are truly in love with Bunbury.

Great farmers market - food so fresh and the fish ! wow amazing. loads of clubs for the kids. brilliant leisure centre with massive pool. Town centres ok -excellent cafes ..... and again the people are so so freindly !

Oh and what really did it for us, was when we sat at a seaside bar and the dolphines were playing in the sea - Bliss!

Hope that helps .... but for us ,seeing was believing - we had to go for ourselves just to see how wonderful it was.

Good luck guys

:spinny:

Thank you both for that. I was convinced Bunbury was empty there!!! I have posted on poms in Perth too so going to look at the infos I got.

Susanmary38

I noticed that you say you are in UK, are you in progress of getting over to Oz? If so, where are you planning on heading?

Peggsgreen

I noticed from your biography that you are a nurse. I'm a nurse too. Have you got any work sorted yet? What sort of nursing do you do? I'm ICU background mainly. Are you planning on going over on a 176 or looking to find work first?

I think if we decide Bunbury is for us we may take your advice and try plan a reccie. I like the sound of the beachside cafe and the dolphins. The kids would love that!! :)

Hope all goes well for you. Keep us all updated on your progress and I'll keep an eye out for your posts. :)

Thanks again.

Amanda

Hi,

i am a registered cardiac nurse here in the uk and the visa we are going for is the 175 , just so i dont have to work full time . my husbands a bricklayer so we should be ok.

just such a long proccess in getting there:confused:

But truley we went to stay with our friends who emigrated from uk and we have made so many freinds it was wonderfull !

Keep us posted

cheers

lisa

Hi Lisa

Good luck with the visa process!! How far thro are you? How long do you think it will take you?

Looks like there is a lot of building work in Bunbury, do you know if the OH will get work there ok?

They are looking at building a new hospital there (so I understand), so you should be ok. I've always worked full time bit would love to drop my hours (lots of them actually).

Bunbury is sounding good at the mo!!

Will keep in touch with you and let you know how we go.

Amanda

Guest susanmary38

We were looking to migrate 2 years ago, but the weakness of the pound and plummeting house prices forced us to stay put. We did the reccie just to validate our 176 visas, and have until May 2013 until they run out. We have been looking at North Perth due to prospective job offes, also South of Bunbury, but can't decide. We also have state sponsorship in SA but haven't decided if Adelaide is the place to be yet. Good look with your choice, but I would recommend a reccie.

Thank you both for that. I was convinced Bunbury was empty there!!! I have posted on poms in Perth too so going to look at the infos I got.

Susanmary38

I noticed that you say you are in UK, are you in progress of getting over to Oz? If so, where are you planning on heading?

Peggsgreen

I noticed from your biography that you are a nurse. I'm a nurse too. Have you got any work sorted yet? What sort of nursing do you do? I'm ICU background mainly. Are you planning on going over on a 176 or looking to find work first?

I think if we decide Bunbury is for us we may take your advice and try plan a reccie. I like the sound of the beachside cafe and the dolphins. The kids would love that!! :)

Hope all goes well for you. Keep us all updated on your progress and I'll keep an eye out for your posts. :)

Thanks again.

Amanda

Hi, amanda.

did you say that you had a job offer or was it your other half ? we would go on 176 but i dont want to work full time and building work keeps going up and down, my husband has emailed loads of bricklaying firms - but never a reply ( they must always be down the beach! )

Neither yet, OH had job match from an agency. They emailed yest and want to interview him. Suddenly got really scared and doubting our decision. Need some soul searching.

If he goes for job/is successful well go on a 457 and then I'll look for part time work once there.

Have you applied for a visa yet or waiting a bit? Have you got nursing registration sorted? I haven't done any of the above!

got to apply for visa, language test put back till may ............ just the time scale ......... makes you think more i supose :confused:

and not sorted nursing registration yet..... i spoke to our freinds to search for building firms - as if my other half got a job offer would make proccess sooooo much quicker !

Archived