Nursing registration and bridging/adaptation programmes

Squilookal

Hi all nurses,

Does anyone know if EU trained nurses (German in this case) with proof of EU directive 2005/36/EC standard education, IELTS 7.0 and experience and recent practise meeting AHPRA requirements need to undertake any kind of bridging/adaptation course in Australia before being granted registration?

Our registration application has been processed to the stage where its going to the board for assessment on 16 April but AHPRA in Tasmania has said it’s likely a bridging programme will be needed. Searching AHPRA’s website I can only find proposals from 2009 of what might be put in place for this not anything current nor can I find anything very illuminating on the net in general.

Does anyone know anything about this, my fingers are nearly worn out from searching!

Many thanks and good luck to all who are waiting and hoping.

Simon.

• 1 year later...
Hi all nurses,

Does anyone know if EU trained nurses (German in this case) with proof of EU directive 2005/36/EC standard education, IELTS 7.0 and experience and recent practise meeting AHPRA requirements need to undertake any kind of bridging/adaptation course in Australia before being granted registration?

Our registration application has been processed to the stage where its going to the board for assessment on 16 April but AHPRA in Tasmania has said it’s likely a bridging programme will be needed. Searching AHPRA’s website I can only find proposals from 2009 of what might be put in place for this not anything current nor can I find anything very illuminating on the net in general.

Does anyone know anything about this, my fingers are nearly worn out from searching!

Many thanks and good luck to all who are waiting and hoping.

Simon.

What was the outcome of your AHPRA registration?...were you asked to undertake a bridging course?....my question might come very late, but your possible answer would be very relevant for me, as I'm in the same situation .....thanks a lot!

Archived