ikgc

Remaining relative visa.

My sister is a PR and she is going to get my parents to come here on CPV. I do not have any other siblings. Can she sponsor me straightaway if my parents get their visas? Or is there a maximum number of people she can sponsor? Thank you for your advice.

Where are you now??

Sounds like you are in Oz - if so what visa are you on.

Not sure about the ins and out of sponsorships but i'm sure someone on here does.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Guest Ari3139

Hi, would be interested in an answer too. In similer situation. Looking to move out in Sept on perm visa State Sponsored and are looking to sponsor my sister staight away as an only remaining. Can this be done or do you need to be there for a period of time first?

Thanks

The sponsor has to have lived in Australia for at least 2 years.

Hi, would be interested in an answer too. In similer situation. Looking to move out in Sept on perm visa State Sponsored and are looking to sponsor my sister staight away as an only remaining. Can this be done or do you need to be there for a period of time first?

Thanks

The requirement is for the sponsor to be 'settled'. This is normally seen as a period of 2 years, but can be sooner as they take into consideration whether you have a permanent job, house, car, children in school, are part of the community etc.

I do know of someone who was sponsored by their daughter who had only been in Australia for 11 months.

You should know that a waiting time of around 3 years is now being quoted for the offshore version of this visa.