Atrocious Shipping Experience

Guest Macduck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all..we've had to pay the additional money then take it up the tailpipe again!!!

Just be mindful when booking...In our case we got 6 quotes and went through the details and chose what we felt was the best deal with a trusted company. So we dismissed the very low quotes and thought..no don't trust them...The winning company weren't the cheapest they were middle to high...we thought Ok we will use them...The whole thing was based around keeping away from the cheap cowboys...The company we chose then decided to subcontract a company...Now think....We pay say 1000 pounds for a mid range service..the company then sub this out...And do you think they are going to pay a sub contractor the same money...NO they will make say 300-350 from the 1000 leaving 650-700 for the contractor...This will buy 'cowboys' which we paid to avoid and got...Thieving scum!!!

It was absolutely horrible..they had our stuff and demanded more money, with the company we chose saying "it's not us...it's them??" Yeah of course...SCUM

I know for a fact that one of the partners of the company has an account with PIO and tries to pull in custom by pretending to be a regular poster...So I'm happy to say yes or no if anyone PM's me with the names of companies.....Please understand we've had a crap time and they have our belongings which have not yet left..I really don't want to wait years waiting for my belongings ....And we don't even know who's delivering in Australia....Stressed My partner isn't one to muck around with and is looking to retain the van keys till we're happy with the Aus delivery!!

Please PM me...... We are about to use Seven Seas, hope it's not them!!!

Just also wanted to check as I have seen a lot of conflicting views but clothes...... Vacuum pack or not? Some people have said they will sweat and go mouldy, others said it's ok!!

What is everyone doing?

Thanks

A xx

Guest jacqui70

I'm new to this, so hear goes...

Moving with OH and four children as soon as OH spouse visa once granted.I'm starting to look at practicalities such as shipping quotes. Appreciate names of both good companies and not so good. PM bad ones

Thanks in advance

Jac

Guest siamsusie
Please PM me...... We are about to use Seven Seas, hope it's not them!!!

Just also wanted to check as I have seen a lot of conflicting views but clothes...... Vacuum pack or not? Some people have said they will sweat and go mouldy, others said it's ok!!

What is everyone doing?

Thanks

A xx

I didnt use Seven Seas for my major move, but I do use them from time to time to ship items over from the UK and found them to be very good. They are affiliated with Freedom.

Prompt deliveries/collections of boxes and packing equipment , good price and pleasant to deal with.

Not advisable to vacuum pack.

Susie

Hi Rachtev,

Sorry to be such a pain but please can you pm me the details me the same? I'm moving from Bath to QLD and I know it'll be subcontracted out. I want to check up and make sure they dont' use the same people. Given the proximity to Bristol it's possible we'll end up with the same cowboys! So sorry you had such trouble. Hope you get some compensation soon. S.

Guest Bath2Brisbane
Hi Rachtev,

Sorry to be such a pain but please can you pm me the details me the same? I'm moving from Bath to QLD and I know it'll be subcontracted out. I want to check up and make sure they dont' use the same people. Given the proximity to Bristol it's possible we'll end up with the same cowboys! So sorry you had such trouble. Hope you get some compensation soon. S.

Hi Sophia, I notice that you too are moving from Bath To QLD. I am just researching shippers and am worried about repeating the above experience. :wideeyed: When are you moving? Are you taking a whole container?

Nikki

Hi Nikki, I tried to send you a message yesterday - not sure if it got thru. We're moving in Sept. I don't think the container will be full but we're waiting for the estimate of the size to come from the agent in Australia. They've been hired by my OH's new employers. It's being It's subcontracted out to a local firm - but I don't yet know which one (or how local!) Given the experiences noted here I'm trying to avoid the pitfalls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Diggerc

Sorry to hear about shipping ordeal. Would appreciate if you could PM so that when I do ship my things back to OZ Gold Coast I don't make the same mistake.

ta

Guest matthew from Essex

Hi, so sorry to hear about your horrible shipping ordeal. I am on the process of looking for shipping companies to use on our move to Adelaide early next year. Can you PM me which company you used so I can avoid it?Hope your complaints get sorted soon. Many thanks.

Hi all, today is my first day at looking at the move to Australia. As I suspected it can turn out to be fraught. Can you generous people PM me the shipping company info also. We are going fril England to PERTH.

Big Thanks

Shipping is later on down the line. All the info you need is on this forum. Done any visa research yet?

Well... No Visa required as I am an Ozzie returning after about 20 years. So my headaches are where to live( the price of houses yikes), what schools for the boys, how to get us, our belongings , finances and the cats to Australia.

I have been away so long that this is like immigration for me. The whole school and house thing is difficult enough . I have no idea about the rest - as this is the first day of getting my head around it all. Shipping sounds like something you have to be very careful about. We will probably have to rent while we look for property so will have to store some things as well. I think there is a section on this site for me to read about the steps involved , which I will read. BUT I would like to know the pitfalls to be aware of and TRY to avoid.

Guest siamsusie

Please guys,

can we just have respectful posts on here pertaining to shipping!!

Thank you!

Susie x

Hi there I am new and just thought I would post up my story to warn you all out there. There will be no names mentioned of which company it was!

Recently my wife and emigrated to Aus from Scotland. She is an Aussie so life for me was easier. We spent many hours and getting many quotes deciding which removal firm to go with. After finally narrowing it down to handful a with help from here we decided to go with the one that came most recommended and many other reasons which will be mentioned later. Unfortunately this was the most expensive of them all. We paid for a door to door service including unpacking and removal of rubbish but it was only a part container. Finally the day came the men turned up on time and where very pleasant the tea does help! Anyway they were not part of the company we hired despite being told that they were based here in aus and the uk and it would be there company and not a third party doing the removal. One big reason we choose them. Anyhow I let that go despite out stuff not going to their warehouse but to the third parties warehouse till they took it down to Edinburgh. I left a few days later knowing that my stuff was in good hands how wrong was I. We had been told that it would take 10-12 weeks to get to QLD but infact it was 18weeks and it sat in the uk for 10 weeks before it left. After constantly harrassing them I did managed to get a tracking number and container number despite this being incorrect so I could track it. When it finally arrived here in aus I called the office here only to find out our paper work was incomplete and customs would not process till complete. Surely at somepoint during the ordeal they should have noticed this and informed us of this. So we completed the paper work and finally our stuff was clear and I had a day and time for delivery. Well one guy turned up late who again was not part of the company I paid to move my goods. So I had to help unpack and carry my goods into the house. Whilst doing so I noticed all the boxes had been abused and damaged in some way or another. My main concern was however that my tv which was packed in it's original box back in the uk was missing. However he informed me it was here and pointed it out in their own packaging. So after getting my goods out of the dented abused van which were crammed in there we proceeded to put them all inside. The gentleman was not keen on staying despite us paying for them to unpack and remove rubbish. I did get him to agree to stay whilst I opened the tv box. Well to no surprise it was smashed so he took note and sped off. I took a closer look and was shocked to see it had been dropped upside on a corner due to the cracked and missing plastic not to mention bent metal. As stated the tv was packed in it's original box but not no more. I have proof that this was the case as back in uk they noted this. Well the tv had one bit of bubble wrap and then one peace of card wrapped around it then taped up. No where near enough to protect my much loved Kuro tv. Anyway they had taken time to cut out the identity sticker from original box with a peace of the box on it as well and tape to new made up box. So someone has tampered with goods by unpacking them and repacking with out my consent or knowledge and then smashed it up. Well so far I have one bike that has chips all over it the other has a dent in the frame and a bent chain ring, a smashed blender, broken tool boxes, and a DVD recorder dented and scratched despite being in a wooden chest. Oh and course a pile high of rubbish which they were paid to remove. So needles to say I am angry they have abused and tampered with my goods. Not delivered on time no one I have delt with is part of the company I hired and I still have to go through the rest. They have caused thousands of pounds of damaged and a serious loss in time which I could of been working. I have no idea what to say to them or who to contact to report them as surely tampering with goods is illegal not to mention stealing the box it was originally in. If they had just left it in it's box all would be good. So all I can say is beware they are one of he top companies and when it says packed and loaded with care that is an utter utter lie!

Hamish

I am so sorry to hear about your dreadful experience . I hope to emigrate this year . I have some furniture that belonged to my grandparents that mean a lot to me . Please could you pm me . Thank you .