this time tommorrow I'll be on my way over.

cobbler

Hi All,

I fly out to Perth tommorrow night (sun 3rd 9.20pm) from birmingham for 5 weeks, going over to meet with 457 sponsors & look at area etc etc. What can I expect regarding weather, things to do etc ?????

Thanks

cobbler

Hi All,

I fly out to Perth tommorrow night (sun 3rd 9.20pm) from birmingham for 5 weeks, going over to meet with 457 sponsors & look at area etc etc. What can I expect regarding weather, things to do etc ?????

Thanks

cobbler

I was in Perth in October loved the place re things to do visit freemantle if you get chance head to monkey Mia it's paradise a long dive but worth it :) lots of bars and restaurants in northbridge, hilary's is lovely and the beaches north of the city, rottness island defo worth a visit. We just would get up and jump on the train and head where ever (buy the family pass unlimited travel) caversham wild life park mint, there is too much too do. Have fun soooooo jealous x

Guest muminperth

You will have a fabulous time. We are from Stoke - watched the mighty Potters stop Chelsea in their tracks at the weekend! Though I have to say the Freo Dockers are more important to us these days. Coming from the West Mids, Perth will seem like Shangri La. Go to Cottesloe for a paddle and a coffee. Don't be drawn to the far north or south to get cheap real estate. Its worth paying a bit more to rent/buy in the central suburbs - we live in Joondanna which is not trendy but is only 6 kms from the city centre. Our kids went to Shenton College and Churchlands which are among the top Government schools - but you need to be in the catchment area to make this happen. Also close to Subi/CBD./Northbridge for a bit of life. For goodness sake don't go and settle miles from anywhere for the sake of a swimming pool!

Guest GaryAsh

Hi Cobbler

We fly out to Perth on Wednesday and we are staying in Perth in rented apartments for a couple of months

Hope everything works out

Gary

Hi Im originally from stoke too... But living in shropshire for last few years. Whereabouts in staffs you from?

We are flying from heathrow via Singapore tomorrow evening.. I can't quite believe it's all happening! Years of planning all amounts to this!

where abouts in shropshire are you from ? i was from Telford , my son was over there at xmas for the very orst time he told me it snowed and snowed and you guessed it snowed!!!!

he had never experienced a cold christmas before and i think that one will proberly last him for his whole life time

Archived