Anyone else missing girly catch ups?

cs259cr

Hi everyone! Next time you go out, I'd love to join you. I've been here (near Freo) for 6 months now and could do with some real girly gossip! It looks like my boyfriend is going to be working away more than I thought and I don't fancy the Bridget Jones scenario of alsations - so it would be great to build up some social life!

Guest yugoj

Are people free on Easter Monday - say midday ish for a meet up in a pub / cafe somewhere? Or we could go for a bbq on the beach but you can't guarantee the weather these days!

I was thinking maybe Freo for a change of scene? Unless Perth is more convenient for people?

BTW - for those who don't know me, I'm Jo (31) and emigrated out here in November with my aussie boyfriend Seb (30). We're currently house sitting in Australind (nr Bunbury) so are far far away at the moment, but we're going back to Perth over Easter and would love to meet up with some new people (and current friends as well - hi Emma & Fiona!)

Hopefully we can get a few people out. Easter Sun is fine with us too, but I thought that maybe places will be closed?

Jo (and Seb)

Are people free on Easter Monday - say midday ish for a meet up in a pub / cafe somewhere? Or we could go for a bbq on the beach but you can't guarantee the weather these days!

I was thinking maybe Freo for a change of scene? Unless Perth is more convenient for people?

BTW - for those who don't know me, I'm Jo (31) and emigrated out here in November with my aussie boyfriend Seb (30). We're currently house sitting in Australind (nr Bunbury) so are far far away at the moment, but we're going back to Perth over Easter and would love to meet up with some new people (and current friends as well - hi Emma & Fiona!)

Hopefully we can get a few people out. Easter Sun is fine with us too, but I thought that maybe places will be closed?

Jo (and Seb)

Sorry I will be in Sydney!

:jiggy:

Jo (and Seb)

Sounds good to me! Especially if it's in Freo - as we live quite close!

Guest Fiona and Marc

Jo (and Seb)

Hi Jo, Marc and I are coming along, don't mind whether Perth or Freo or what we do, just let us know the plan :biggrin:

Guest yugoj

Hey everyone

Lets meet in Little Creatures, Freo (assuming everyone knows where that is?) at midday on Monday. We could grab some food (and beers!) then check out the Fremantle Street Arts Festival which is running all over the weekend. It seems to be in various locations over Freo so you can't miss it.

Arts Festival Website here: http://www.fremantle.wa.gov.au/Festivals

Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/fremantlestreetartsfestival#!/fremantlestreetartsfestival?sk=info

I've checked out the trains and they're running a Sunday timetable on Monday (but aren't running all the way to Freo on any other day over the Easter Weekend).

I'll be there with my boyfriend, and Fiona & Marc are coming too so, despite the title of this thread it's not 'only girls allowed' anymore!

We'll try and get a table out the front, weather permitting. If you're planning on coming along then send me a PM and I'll give you a link to my facebook page so you can see what I look like!

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Monday. Have a great Easter Weekend!

Jo

Hi Jo,

that sounds like a fab idea, 'Little Creatures' is a nice pub by the freo sea front and very popular.Having trouble with the PM. Can you email me your mobile phone number deborahgbbs@yahoo.co.uk as once I get to the Pub I won't know where you guys are seated (if you are unable to get a table out the front). Will be great to meet up and also enjoy the festival as well. See you all Monday.

Debbie

Guest yugoj

Hi Debbie,

I've sent you an email - comes from my gmail address (check your junk mail box as it'll prob end up in there!). See you Monday.

Anyone else up for coming? So far I've got 7 of us confirmed.

Jo

Hi - I'll be coming along - and probably bringing my OH too! Sounds like it'll be fun! The food at Little Creatures is great - and the beer even better! ;o)

BTW - the weather forecast says clearing showers - so dependent on that it may not end up being outside but in instead!

See you there!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest loop the loop

Would love to come to the next meet up! My social life is extremely dry at the moment!

x

Hi

Have been in perth 7 months now and have just read your posts about meeting up - would love to improve my social life so if you arrange anything please can I come along?

I am married 40 ish! with one son (went back to UK )-: )

Thanks Lisa

Guest lisawa

Hi Ladies

I have been in Perth for 2 years with my partner (both 31) and loving it. The only down side I have found is that it can be difficult to make new friends.

So I am proposing a meet up on Sat 4th June at the Lucky Shag on the river in Perth at around 3pm (TBC) or later depending on feedback.

I am not really one for organising things and its just an informal meet really for anyone that fancies it, singles,couples and open to all ages etc as I know how hard it is when you have left a big group of friends in the UK to have to start again.

So if like me you want to meet new people then let me know and if ther is enough response then we could make it a regular event

I have started a face book event click on the link:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...22784141072012

:biggrin:

Archived