My husband is a mechanical electrical technical engineer help for visa app required

Guest guest51333

Guest guest51333

Hi everyone my husband is a mechanical electrical technical engineer, i would be grateful if there is anybody who is in same profession who has applied for a visa to oz to let me know which visa they applied for and what job they put on there skills test assessment because my husband has so much experience in alot of different fields such as domestic, comercial etc etc. Sorry if I have not described it well but I hope you understand what I mean.:embarrassed:

thanks in advance

KCCM30

Guest paulintrigg

Look at which state you want to move to and look at their SMP (State Migration Plan) and find one or more occupations that match or are close to what your husband does and try get assessed as one of those.

I am qualified as an Engineering Technologist and was positively assessed as such, which didn't help me as it wasn't on the WA SMP. However, as I work in construction, I could have quite easily been positively assessed as a building/construction project manager or an engineering manager which would have accelerated my application. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Guest guest51333

Thanks paulintrigg, you've said exactly what I was trying to say there are a number of jobs he could apply for with the level of experience he has, his job role is so varied he does commercial, domestic, air conditioning, boilers, lpg, etc etc etc the list is endless these are only a few that ive remembered from what he has told me, im sure he would explain it a hell of a lot better than me, haha.

We were also wondering whether to go over for a holiday and find work and get them to sponsor him has anybody had any experience of a sponsored visa? We are looking to go to Queensland but havent decided which part as yet as we need to do alot more research, if anybody has any advice re the nice areas of Queensland it would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

kccm30

Guest paulintrigg

I've lived in Brisbane and traveled up and down the Queensland Coast many times, it's a beautiful place and I was considering settling there myself, but in the end I chose Western Australia due to the economic boom. If I could find a proper job at Mission Beach, I go tomorrow!

I'd be booking a holiday first if I was you, do your homework on places and go for a look. Even if your occupation is in demand, it can be very difficult to secure a sponsorship before coming out here first and personally, I wouldn't be comfortable coming on a 457 visa and working for a firm and people I'd never met.

Guest guest51333

Thanks paulintrigg good advice, totally see what you mean re companies youve never met, also even though an area might look lovely on the net it may be a different story once you get there, where abouts is mission beach? We wanted to be more country but at the same time not along way from the beach, ie dont mind a half hour drive to get to the beach but wouldnt want to be a few hours away. We were thinking of western australia to begin with, but my husband does a lot of lure fishing for bass and they dont have any bass in western australia but it is big in Queensland and South Australia, I also prefer Queensland as well, I went when I was a teenager but my husband hasnt been yet so hoping to go later in the year.

thanks again

kccm30

Archived