register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

llessur

309/100 Partner Visa - Stat dec date requirements

Hi all,

We are very close to applying for our 309 partner visa (offshore UK) - we have now been living as a couple for for over a year and a half but were a bit slack in getting my OH set up on bills, bank statements etc so we're waiting until the end of April to apply as we know we'll have a solid 12 months of evidence by then.

My question is - the date from which we have the solid 12 months of evidence is 21st April but to save time, can we get my OH's parents etc in Oz to fill out stat decs, get them witnessed and return them to us in the meantime?

For example, will it cause problems if we have 12 months evidence from 21st April but stat decs signed and witnessed on 15th April etc.

Should we be waiting until 21st April before asking anyone to complete them?

Thanks all!

309 visa granted and moved to Adelaide from Brighton UK in 2012. 100 visa and PR granted 2013. Became a citizen on Australia Day 2017. 

certainly mention that you didnt get around to sorting the bills out in joint names and some bills wont let you have them in joint names. They expect these things to happen and your honesty in explaining any discrepancies will help. They know that utilities can be crap in sorting these things out and when you are movong etc making sure your bills are in the right names is not a priority at the time.

We had some bills in joint names and some in either of our names with no problems. They just need proof that you have been in a relationship and living together for over 12 months.