PIO speilling and gammer 101

Guest guest36762

Guest guest36762

Hi guys!

I thougt Id introduce a thred as part of my roll with the British Counsel. My maine aim is too educate Brits who cannot spelll or now how to use the propper grammer, as it obviusly might effect they're chances of getting a propper job in a foregn working plaice

so, with out any furthue a do, hear we go!.

hears some comon misteaks peopel maike

(FYI I have highlited the corect sperling/grammer whot shoud be used)

• 'they are' abbreviated to 'they're' or 'there' not 'their'

• 'we are' abbreviated to 'we're' or 'where' not 'were'

• 'you are' abbreviated to 'you're' not your

more perls of wisom too folow!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest36762
One of my faves to hate that I get most days on handover notes in work,

Carnt which apparently means ..can not lol

o Hi Janin!!

Whots wrong with that, the only misteak I sea is that it shoud in actaul fact be ritten as 'carn't'

Guest siamsusie

just to clarifi that this iz anne international sight , getting yur point over is all that is recquired !

so its all bullocks!

Guest guest36762
Harpodom, your absolootily crect. its disgraseful when folkses carnt get there spelling crect. they shuld of paid more attenshun in schole.

yes in deed Rock dr. Back wen I wos at Uni in Luton doing my sperling and grammer dergree (fist class BTW, top off the yeer), peopel yous'ed too arsked me, why o why wos I soo perdantic in reargards to the actualilltys off propper graamer an' all that.

And you now wot?

I yoused to say too them...why o why donte you get of you're fat arsse and get you're self a propper dergree like mine is, insted off sume micky mouse excuse for a coarse, like whot they was up too!!

Needles too say, that shut them up, and they never torked too me againe....

Guest famousfive

I really hope you are considering a career change Dom,your teaching and spelling skills are very up to date and would be highly sought after.The British Counsel is paying you accordingly I hope.You are an inspiration to many who feel looked down upon because of their 'modern' spelling abilities.:wink:

Guest famousfive

Yes,sorry about the spelling.But..............in my defense I would like to point out that I am currently enrolled in an online spelling and grammar course on a terribly serious academic forum, PIO.I must admit it is very demanding and I was truly shocked to realise how awful I was at these subjects!!!!The lecturer is some old dinosaur from Blighty but he is surprisingly up to date with modern spelling standards.

I am actually logged in for a lesson at the moment[got side tracked on here for a bit]so I best get back to paying attention or my grumpy old crotchety lecturer will throw a hissy fit.

Guest guest17301

I'm sorry to say I do like my correct grammar, apologies to anyone i may have piffed off in the past with my corrections (if you see my posts edited its usually because i have had to go back and correct the grammar!, its a bugbear to see signs with incorrect grammar, happens all the time! i blame txt spk

Guest siamsusie

I agree that spelling is important , the medical profession is renowned for poor spelling and writing...

poor spelling = the scrawl of hand writing!

But, I would hate foreigners to be deterred from their contributions for fear of retribution.

I make spelling and grammatical mistake constantly, luckily I came in on a spouse visa prior to employment here.. partaking in the English language test would have been a disaster!

Excuse me for side lining somewhat Mr Harp-on, but give me bad spelling as opposed to bad table manners any day... now that is something for me to moan about!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I write reports which i follow on from probation workers and their spelling in general is atrocu........ atriciosiou............... absolutely rubbish.

Mormon mr fish

We cuverred generelizing on a volontery nodule on my coarse at Luton uny. Needles to say the teecher fisted me, like he did on al the uther nodules, witch is how I got my fist class dergree

Mormon Harpic, I hope he gave you an A+ for the 'generelizing' subject :biggrin:

Guest guest36762
Mormon Harpic, I hope he gave you an A+ for the 'generelizing' subject :biggrin:

Know know mr fisho,

If you red my post, you're anser wood of bean ansered

Guest guest36762
Don't bovver me if people don't spell/speek proper england like. So long as they can get their point across. Innit.

And wot's you're pointe?

Guest siamsusie
Agree ks,................PEDANTIC and POMPOUS,two of my fav words:biggrin:,along with CUMQUAT:wideeyed:

46310.jpg

Cumquat on toast absolutely delicious:biggrin::biggrin: