• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bobby
Winter..that time when the thermometer goes under 20 C...BRRRRRRRRR:mad:

And that's at night.:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

What an outback man :biglaugh: got you electric blanket on you little fragile petal :wink:

Guest siamsusie
OI YOU... who nicked off to Tassie cold.gif 'cos it was too hot in the Pilbara???

Bummer.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

That bottom is ripe for slapping young man:laugh::biggrin: but I did give it 5 years Bob pmsl (fair go eh! pmsl)

Hmmm, Maybe there should be a 'Thunderdome' thread to thrash this stuff out?

thunderdome.jpg

LOL! maybe without the fluffy gimp costumes.

I had already edited my post, but you caught it, and then I was going to edit it back anyway.

Monday morning indecisions! and I'm only at the 1/4 mark on my first coffee.

Without wanting to ruffle any feathers what I was trying to get at is that, as a new poster, I think there is some great value to be had in this forum (both factually and jovially), but honestly there are some posters who sound like broken records :biggrin:

Guest siamsusie
For fans of the temperatures under 30 degrees, Winter is fast approaching in Australia.

Its definitely my favourite time of year, here in Sydney.

Being a red haired pale skinned guy of Gaelic decent almost makes me mortal enemies of the sun, and while I enjoy everything that goes with it being hot and sunny, there comes a time (usually March) where I 'm fed up of heat and just long for a dip in temperature, and Sydney delivers in spades every year :-)

I find the temperature of around 10 degrees perfect, its crisp enough to give things a wintery edge, but not cold enough so that you cant move your cheeks or chin! On maybe 2 days of the year I elect to wear a pair of socks in bed because its too "cold".

When I think of UK winters I often over romaticise that they are all bright and clear, with a chill in the air and frost on the ground, but I often forget just how cold and wet it can actually get!

The downside here is that the transition from Summer to Winter happens so fast that there may as well not be a word "Autumn" :D

For me, Australian winter represents a time where I can happily go for my evening runs again, I can wear more than a pair of shorts and t-shirt and not overheat. Its also the time of year that I actually feel 'Christmassy' :-)

Time to head off to Yuletide in the blue mountains and skiing in the snowy mountains.

Sydney winters rock!

One of my favourite times of the year here in Tasmania... skiing up Cradle Mountain and Ben Lomond

cradle_mountain_tasmania_in_snow.jpg

ben-lomond-winter-snow.jpg

Yes I too love the winters here:yes::yes:

LOL! maybe without the fluffy gimp costumes.

I had already edited my post, but you caught it, and then I was going to edit it back anyway.

Monday morning indecisions! and I'm only at the 1/4 mark on my first coffee.

Without wanting to ruffle any feathers what I was trying to get at is that, as a new poster, I think there is some great value to be had in this forum (both factually and jovially), but honestly there are some posters who sound like broken records :biggrin:

Ha! I am half way through my Monday coffee.

I have found this site to be raelly useful when I was putting my visa application together and figuring out what to do when I got here - the arguments do make me use the site less though.

Si

One of my favourite times of the year here in Tasmania... skiing up Cradle Mountain and Ben Lomond

Yes I too love the winters here:yes::yes:

That looks excellent.

I think I might have to venture to Tassie this Winter to check it out. I've never been.

Does it suffer with excessive wind (!) like the UK does at Winter?

The thing I like about Sydney's is that its just cold and still and usually there's crystal clear skies.

Guest Guest16631

love to go to the beach this time of year..............cool evenings give you the chance to wear those winter woolies......................:laugh: 1153912-medium.jpg

Guest siamsusie
That looks excellent.

I think I might have to venture to Tassie this Winter to check it out. I've never been.

Does it suffer with excessive wind (!) like the UK does at Winter?

The thing I like about Sydney's is that its just cold and still and usually there's crystal clear skies.

I am in the north Exile, its not excessively windy. The east coast tends to get it more!

We go cross country skiing and its usually pretty still up there!

I havent done any skiing on the mainland, but its on our wish list which presently is very full:laugh: x

Guest Guest16631

beutiful.............hopefully will visit one day...............heard it said has all the charm of britain with none of the over populated grotty bits...............hope that doesn't upset any one..............:eek::wideeyed::smile:

Guest siamsusie
beutiful.............hopefully will visit one day...............heard it said has all the charm of britain with none of the over populated grotty bits...............hope that doesn't upset any one..............:eek::wideeyed::smile:

Thanks Tinks and lovely to see you back...:hug:

Kevin (itcouldbe worse) has the most amazing pictures of Tasmania and manages to depict the nature so well.

This is the road we take to Ben Lomond :huh: and in the snow and ice, it makes for interesting driving, but its the most fantastic sight ever

stock-photo-winding-access-road-ben-lomond-national-park-tasmania-15357253.jpg

Ben_Lomond_Framed_low_res_0.jpg?1260441229

benlomond.jpg

SuperStock_1828R-51095.jpg