Guest Bobby

How much do you drink?

Guest Bobby

I could take it or leave it in Oz because it was mainly lager but with the ale in London is more to my taste with a choice of thousands of ales from different micro-brewers that I cannot stop drinking the bloody stuff :eek:

The advice weekly of 21 units a week for a bloke is a joke, I am averaging 3 times that.:shocked:

how much do you pour down the old gullet a week.?

I could take it or leave it in Oz because it was mainly lager but with the ale in London is more to my taste with a choice of thousands of ales from different micro-brewers that I cannot stop drinking the bloody stuff :eek:

The advice weekly of 21 units a week for a bloke is a joke, I am averaging 3 times that.:shocked:

The Tartan Army were in town at the weekend so my drink consumption went through the roof. Six bottles I had over the weekend. Not bad going for a teetotaler. :cute:

Guest Bobby
The Tartan Army were in town at the weekend so my drink consumption went through the roof. Six bottles I had over the weekend. Not bad going for a teetotaler. :cute:

I could drink Coopers all day to be honest, especially the dark ales :cute:

I could drink Coopers all day to be honest, especially the dark ales :cute:

I'm clueless when it comes to Ales, Biers and Lagers. Never developed a tast for drink. It's not easy when you're Scottish and don't drink. People look at you as if you have some infectious disease.

Guest guest37336
I'm clueless when it comes to Ales, Biers and Lagers. Never developed a tast for drink. It's not easy when you're Scottish and don't drink. People look at you as if you have some infectious disease.

Never mind being Scottish Afro, if you don't drink at all you get some funny looks, full stop. I can still have a laugh and a great time without the booze.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Bobby

It's when you go around someones house and they offer you a stubbie all the time:eek: when all you want is a cup of tea, I never refused the stubbie though.:cute:

Guest Guest 47403

You need to calm yourself Booby It'll catch up with you in the end! It's a sign of having to much time on your hands probably something to do with the english weather nothing else to do:biggrin:

I probably just about hit my units quota each week (then some occasionally):twitcy::twitcy:

Guest guest36762

Too much probably....

My weakness is nz suavy blanc, and Stella at weekends. Likely to be nudging the limit, then maybe a bit more. You see the reason is, I'm constantly on a quest to find the best beers (for me anyway) from around the world. I'm a fan of.....leffe (6.5%), coopers sparkling, Czech lagers, some great Aussie Amber ales, singha, tiger, crowny, english ales........

You see my problem?

Drink and the Scots is a funny thing, we all drink and smoke and eat deep fried mars bars? well no , i drink and TBH far to much but a eat sensible and don't smoke. I really wudna want to say how much a drink:swoon:

Too much! Going out with my friends tonight so I guess I will be giving it up tomorrow, at least until the headache fades!

Stopped drinking nearly 2 years ago as I'd started some new medication which said to avoid it and haven't touched a drop since.

Saves me a damn fortune at the price of the stuff here.

The Mrs enjoys a drink and it doesn't bother me at all.

Plus how many hide behind the drink??

When I was drinking it was more out of habit.

Howard

...IS My Life a Dream? - If It Is I Don't Want to Wake Up...

I could walk away from it easily. Drinking is more of a social thing for me. I probably only drink 2-3 times a month but I do consume large amounts when I do lol.

we drink every night , after 7pm when its adult time .......2 of the children in bed only 3 to go ................few beers then hit the red ....she white ......enjoy a Baileys now and again but goes down too well.........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest siamsusie

I could walk away from it easily. Drinking is more of a social thing for me. I probably only drink 2-3 times a month but I do consume large amounts when I do lol.
Siamsusie passes Brit the jug of freshly squeezed lemonade and keeps the Vodka bottle to herself:huh:

I drunk a lot when I was a student, but these days only really have a drink every month or so.

“Self-conceit may lead to self destruction"

Why do some people get aggressive when they drink while others get happy and friendly ?

One of the great mysteries of life.

As I've got a bit older and wiser I try to make sure I stop drinking when I've had enough.

Can you stop when you know you should stop or do you keep going ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

Guest Bobby
Why do some people get aggressive when they drink while others get happy and friendly ?

One of the great mysteries of life.

As I've got a bit older and wiser I try to make sure I stop drinking when I've had enough.

Can you stop when you know you should stop or do you keep going ?

Because whatever they do is their true personality, people let down their pretences and gaurds, read it a few times.

Guest guest36762
Because whatever they do is their true personality, people let down their pretences and gaurds, read it a few times.

exactly right bobby

alcohol causes dis-inhibition, kind of like stripping away all the layers of 'cladding' that you've developed as an adult, and showing your true nature. I believe people who become aggressive when drunk are not very nice people deep down, but have somehow managed to cover it up

Guest Revs30
exactly right bobby

alcohol causes dis-inhibition, kind of like stripping away all the layers of 'cladding' that you've developed as an adult, and showing your true nature. I believe people who become aggressive when drunk are not very nice people deep down, but have somehow managed to cover it up

Can't say i believe that last statement to be honest but everyones entitled to an opinion i guess :)

WAAAAAaaaay too much whiskey im afraid:embarrassed::cute:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

exactly right bobby

I'd agree too with this.

I want it all, and I want it now.

exactly right bobby

This is true. Well from what I've seen from people I know. I'm just more confident when drunk (but who isn't) am usually a happy drunk, sometimes clumsy lo.