Guest bobsutton70

Usually resident in australia

Guest bobsutton70

Hi all,

I am british and also I am an australian PR holder, my PR expires Feb 12. I have lived in london since my PR was granted and have at most spent 3 months in total in oz in last four years!

Since I was granted PR, I have married and we have two children, now I would like to emigrate to oz with my wife and two children.

Looking at the Partner Booklet, it says the Sponsor( me ) has to be 'Usually resident in australia' which I am definetely not.

So, I read it as I cannot put in an application without falling at the first hurdle.

So, we cannot afford to waste the £4000+, but do we try or is there another visa option we should think about. ie 1 year tourist visa for wife and two children( 1 child 9 months, other years).

My PR status is running out fast, so I need to make a decision quick.

Hopefully someone has been in a similair situation, and can let us know what to do.

Thanks

Guest bobsutton70

Nice reply Lottee, I have read through your post and I agree it is positive. But whatever way you look at it you have to have compelling reasons to have not resided in australia in the last 4 years as we are PR.

I think it's so close to being just a 50/50 gamble dependant on CO, and if like me you have children involved the cost's escalate( £4000+ on credit card ), that's my worry.

Anyhow, thanks for your link.

Sending your wife and kids on a tourist visa isnt going to look good! They will have to lie on their entry cards and, if found out, could find themselves on the first plane back. You could come over, set up, find a job etc and they could follow you if you are that desperate.

Hi all,

I am british and also I am an australian PR holder, my PR expires Feb 12. I have lived in london since my PR was granted and have at most spent 3 months in total in oz in last four years!

Since I was granted PR, I have married and we have two children, now I would like to emigrate to oz with my wife and two children.

Looking at the Partner Booklet, it says the Sponsor( me ) has to be 'Usually resident in australia' which I am definetely not.

So, I read it as I cannot put in an application without falling at the first hurdle.

So, we cannot afford to waste the £4000+, but do we try or is there another visa option we should think about. ie 1 year tourist visa for wife and two children( 1 child 9 months, other years).

My PR status is running out fast, so I need to make a decision quick.

Hopefully someone has been in a similair situation, and can let us know what to do.

Thanks

Panic is always undignified, and it is usually unnecessary.

Do not rely on the opinion of well-meaning forum members for the construction of 'usually resident', or your own for that matter.

The best place for DIAC booklets is the outhouse.

If you send me an email (visa@pinoyau.com) I will send you assessment forms to complete, so I can assess your family's visa prospects. This will cost you nothing.

If I can help you by managing the case for you, or advising you how to proceed, I will will let you know.

If you think the fee you have been quoted is grotesque, I will not disagree.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com