IELTS for UK passport holder ?

Chardy

Hi, this IELTS is very confusing. I am doing a SS for NSW Sydney. Do you need this IETLS at all for that?

When I looked on the site it said UK, US and Canadian citizens don't need the IETLS...?

Should I get it done anyway?

WA state:

All Technicians and Trade Workers are required to achieve an IELTS score of 6 across all four bands reading, writing, listening and speaking.

UK, Irish, USA, Canadian and New Zealand passport holders applying with Technician and Trade Worker occupations claiming Competent English (6,6,6,6), will not be required to provide an IELTS result although will need to provide a copy of their passport Biopage.

All Managers and Professionals will require a high level of English skills. This level, deemed proficient, is an IELTS score of 7 across all four bands reading, writing, listening and speaking.

All applicants, INCLUDING passport holders of the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and New Zealand, claiming Proficient English (7,7,7,7), for any occupation, are required to provide a valid IELTS test result as part of their application.

So as a trade I don't need to do IELTS as I have a UK passport. Hope this is correct !!

Ive been in the UK since I was born and I want to move to WA and I had to take the IELTS exam. Something which I thought to be pointless but if thats what it takes to get in to WA, I did it. Despite being the only English person taking the exam.

Archived