IOM Australia

Guest RobzNdebz

Guest RobzNdebz

Hiya

Have you head of IOM Australia?

They were recommended to us in our visa application when it was granted.

They can arrange extra excess baggage allowance if you book a 1 way ticket. You cant pay by credit card tho, only:

-International telegraphic to IOM Canberra

-International money order

-Bank Cheque

They have quoted Qantas for a good price.

Have you used thjem or had any experience of using them?

Thanks

Hi

There's been a few threads about IOM over the last few years, but no real consensus, in that for some members, the prices quoted by IOM were more than members could get themselves from the airline. If the price they come back with is cheaper than you can get, then it's probably worthwhile using them.

Have you priced up with Singapore Airlines and Emirates as you should be able to get 40kg per person baggage allowance with them if it's a 1 way flight for emigration purposes.

Guest Sam C

From what I've heard about IOM they charge around £1000 for a one-way with Qantas. Considering you can nearly get a return for that price raises some reservations in my mind. As long as it's a PR visa then why not book yourself on with Singapore as they allow 40kgs as long as your visa is unvalidated. Emirates also standardly give 30kgs, that's quite generous. I personally reckon it would be cheaper to pay for the excess luggage than fork out £1000 for a one-way, but then I don't know how happy they have quoted you!

Hope that helps a bit!

Guest mcwdjh

Hi,

Congrats on having your visa granted.

I have just booked my flights for May with the main IOM branch (not the Australian version). After reading about them on some of the forums I was sceptical about what they would offer me but I have to say I am really pleased with them.

I got a one way flight for one person (my wife is coming later in the year) with Emirates, 40kg baggage from Manchester airport for £564. The flight stops off in Dubai and then straight through to Brisbane. The service from them has been very good as well. I paid through an International Bank transfer using a company called HiFx.

A couple of things to note with them though is that they will not give you any flights with night stopovers. It seems economy is all they offer and I get the impression the prices can be hit or miss depending on what time of the year you are planning to fly. It is well worth giving them an email though.

Go to this page for a bit more info IOM - Concession Fares. You have to email them with your requirements and they will get back to you: osu@iom.int.

Hope this helps