and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest17301

Interstate v Overseas

Guest guest17301

I'm looking to book a short weekend trip away in September for myself and daughter. We're thinking of Bali or Brisbane/Adelaide. Looking at prices it seems that its about the same for a 3 day stay in 5* luxury Balinese resort as it is for flights plus bottom end accomodation interstate. Does this sound correct and does anyone have any ideas/advice on the best option? :idea:

Guest siamsusie

We wanted to take our sons to the Gold Coast beginning of December, the prices are laughable for a week in an apartment + fares, so we are off to Bali instead for 15 nights in a luxurious hotel for a 1/4 of the price.

Guest smarties

I would go for Bali too, even though you only plan to go for a long weekend it will feel like you've had a "proper holiday", for less than the cost of an interstate trip as eating out is so much cheaper. There are some great budget spa's where you and your daughter could be pampered for a fraction of the cost you would pay in in Oz as well.

Not sure of your time budget but often the price for 7 nights is not much more than 3 or 4.