Sleep Deprived ;(

GaryandGillDublin

Hi Everyone

We're still waiting too. Our meds were finalised on 25/03 but I don't think our CO has looked at our app since then.

My agent says it could take up to 3 weeks so - rather than hassle them - I'm trying to hang on till next Friday (15/04) before I give them a nudge.

My OH keeps telling me to chill out about it. Reason being our plan is to validate this Autumn and then move out next Summer - his view is there's no rush. I'm not quite so laid back about it. I'm deliberately not making plans - just in case it doesn't come through. So the longer it takes the less time I have to get everything sorted (put the house on market, get financial advice re pensions etc, book our container etc etc).

Thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping me sane. I'm pretty sure there's a fair few of us who are Perth bound. How about - once we've all got there - we meet up for a celebration?

Ammosaph

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ammosaph,

Sounds like we are feeling very similar at the moment. It's very good to know that I'm not the only one although I think I am going insane :wacko:. My OH seems to be coping with it better than me although he's now started checking the on-line thing in the evenings having said he didn't want to look at it unless it said visa approved!

I was advised by our agent that it could take 6 weeks for the meds to finalized but it only took a few days. When I asked how long till we know if we've got the visa she said "how long's a piece of string?" :laugh:. May not seem very helpful but I think she's right. She's being doing this for the past 5 years so she knows how DIAC work - not in an orderly fashion! So hopefully we all get to know sooner rather than later.

I feel sorry for everyone who owns a home. That's the one thing I've don't have to worry about. We haven't quite planned when we're going, either Autumn or Jan/Feb next year. Still deciding whether to spend my bday and one last Christmas over here. We're not intending to do a validation trip, just move and validate at the same time. We've been to Perth and W.A before (it's where we met!) but still doesn't make it any less scary. A meet up/celebration sounds like a cracking idea!

Anyway going to say a prayer to the visa gods today :notworthy: and see if that helps the situation :wink:

Good luck and keep me posted x

Guest scubabud

Hi Ammosaph,

know how your are feelling but 3 weeks - I wish its 6 weeks today since our meds were finalised and still no sign of the elusive visa, phoned our agent this morning who said they were going to email our CO to nudge them along but im not holding my breath - good luck and hang in there x

Hi Ammosaph,

know how your are feelling but 3 weeks - I wish its 6 weeks today since our meds were finalised and still no sign of the elusive visa, phoned our agent this morning who said they were going to email our CO to nudge them along but im not holding my breath - good luck and hang in there x

Thanks Scubabud - we'll get there in the end : )

Hi Ammosaph,

Sounds like we are feeling very similar at the moment. It's very good to know that I'm not the only one although I think I am going insane :wacko:. My OH seems to be coping with it better than me although he's now started checking the on-line thing in the evenings having said he didn't want to look at it unless it said visa approved!

I was advised by our agent that it could take 6 weeks for the meds to finalized but it only took a few days. When I asked how long till we know if we've got the visa she said "how long's a piece of string?" :laugh:. May not seem very helpful but I think she's right. She's being doing this for the past 5 years so she knows how DIAC work - not in an orderly fashion! So hopefully we all get to know sooner rather than later.

I feel sorry for everyone who owns a home. That's the one thing I've don't have to worry about. We haven't quite planned when we're going, either Autumn or Jan/Feb next year. Still deciding whether to spend my bday and one last Christmas over here. We're not intending to do a validation trip, just move and validate at the same time. We've been to Perth and W.A before (it's where we met!) but still doesn't make it any less scary. A meet up/celebration sounds like a cracking idea!

Anyway going to say a prayer to the visa gods today :notworthy: and see if that helps the situation :wink:

Good luck and keep me posted x

Thanks Hevchick

Its nice to know we're not alone. I have a feeling they'll all come through together in the end!

I'm sure we're all nearly there. Ammosaph

Hi Guys and gals, I think my prayer to the visa gods worked... we got the visa approved status this morning on the on-line check! :jiggy:Just waiting to hear confirmation from the agent as their the ones being emailed. Can't believe it, very excited, want to dance about the office!

Anyone else heard yet? xx

Hi Guys and gals, I think my prayer to the visa gods worked... we got the visa approved status this morning on the on-line check! :jiggy:Just waiting to hear confirmation from the agent as their the ones being emailed. Can't believe it, very excited, want to dance about the office!

Hey,

BIG congrats to you. That's brilliant news. Get the bubbly out :wink:

Still no news for us. We presumed everything was with CO awaiting assessment but last Fri emailed agent who said in fact some of the docs hadn't got to CO - file size too big!!!! We were not informed and so were just sitting with fingers crossed.

So set about sending PCC's, Form 80's, passport ID page and birth certs again.

They were all met the following day but meds still show received for both of us.

Emailed our lovely CO directly this morning, who said meds were with the MOC for further assessment (meds done 18/03/11). She said she would send an email to them on our behalf to see what's happening.

So another sleepless weekend lies ahead :SLEEP:

Ah well at least it's sunny, might get ourselves a cheap bottle of bubbly from ALDI!!

Congrats again.

x

Guest eager6

I am so disappointed for you,ah well at least you have the Queens visit to Croke Park to look forward to:wink:Don't worry bet it will come next week.

I am so disappointed for you,ah well at least you have the Queens visit to Croke Park to look forward to:wink:Don't worry bet it will come next week.

No comment to first bit of your post :wink:

But I like the second bit ha ha. Just starting to run out of steam. Really thought we'd have it by now. People getting granted all around us :wacko:

This is the hardest thing ever - the waiting.

x

Guest eager6

Whats the saying - All good things come to those who wait!!!

Have u been to WA before??and what part are u heading to?We have visa 176 for Adelaide,now more waiting for house to sell this visa process is just full of alot of waiting.

Hey,

Still no news for us. We presumed everything was with CO awaiting assessment but last Fri emailed agent who said in fact some of the docs hadn't got to CO - file size too big!!!! We were not informed and so were just sitting with fingers crossed.

They were all met the following day but meds still show received for both of us.

Emailed our lovely CO directly this morning, who said meds were with the MOC for further assessment (meds done 18/03/11). She said she would send an email to them on our behalf to see what's happening.

Ah well at least it's sunny, might get ourselves a cheap bottle of bubbly from ALDI!!

Congrats again.

x

Hi Gary and Gill,

Thank you very much. Yes, a lot of drinking planned for tonight and maybe some thought into what to do next! :biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems. Hopefully you'll get your visa granted soon now they're on to it! :mad:

I was wondering about you guys on this thread and why it's been taking so long for your visas to be granted. You, ammosaph and scubabud should have had your visas by now. My agent told me that we could be waiting for 6 weeks which is fair enough as that's what they were used to in the past but as CAT2 are now the top priority for the Adelaide processing centre everybody should be flying through the process once they've submitted everything. I think the agents should be a little bit more pushy and check to make sure the CO has received everything. It seems that everyone who's waited a long time from Low risk countries has found that something has gone missing from their application.

Well good luck guys, I hope your meds are finalized soon. Enjoy the beautiful day and your bubbles :wink: xxx

Hi Gary and Gill,

Thank you very much. Yes, a lot of drinking planned for tonight and maybe some thought into what to do next! :biggrin:

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some problems. Hopefully you'll get your visa granted soon now they're on to it! :mad:

I was wondering about you guys on this thread and why it's been taking so long for your visas to be granted. You, ammosaph and scubabud should have had your visas by now. My agent told me that we could be waiting for 6 weeks which is fair enough as that's what they were used to in the past but as CAT2 are now the top priority for the Adelaide processing centre everybody should be flying through the process once they've submitted everything. I think the agents should be a little bit more pushy and check to make sure the CO has received everything. It seems that everyone who's waited a long time from Low risk countries has found that something has gone missing from their application.

Well good luck guys, I hope your meds are finalized soon. Enjoy the beautiful day and your bubbles :wink: xxx

Yeah it's so frustrating. We were so organised and sent everything and then to find out it hadn't been attached etc. :arghh: My OH is the main applicant and so Form 80 was filled out. We were never asked by agent to fill one out for me but when the CO emailed us she said that was one of the docs outstanding :mad: So had to spend Tues evening doing that. CO has been so nice and really prompt replying to us which is great 'cos I wasn't sure what the rules were on emailing them directly when you have an agent.

So worried now that there's something wrong with the meds. Neither of us are sick (that we know of) or ever had surgeries, don't smoke, not over-weight. All the doc said to me was I had a heart murmur.

Just fed up waking up @ 6am, checking emails / online status and nothing .. My optimism is fading. Can't go on saying "Maybe tomorrow".

Thank God for PIO, nobody else gets how frustrating this can be.

Anyway on a positive note, congrats again. Enjoy celebrations and get a good night's sleep ..

x

Whats the saying - All good things come to those who wait!!!

Have u been to WA before??and what part are u heading to?We have visa 176 for Adelaide,now more waiting for house to sell this visa process is just full of alot of waiting.

I'm living this process by that saying ha ha.

No never been to WA, lived in Sydney for a year in 2004. Thinking of Mindarie, really like the look of the area and the houses. Not sure on distance from the city though, in regard to OH work. He's a plumber so it will kinda depend on his job and mine I suppose (medical secretary), so we'll have to wait and see.

Selling your house .. so exciting. We're gonna rent 'cos wouldn't get enough money selling it now.

x

Guest jackfrew

Hi Gary and Gill,

I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet, you lodged a couple of days before us. Have you emailed your case officer or if you have an agent have they done it.

Lodged 04/02/2011

CO 24/02/2011

Meds 05/03/2011

PC 02/03/2011

Visa 31/03/2011

You are going to need sleep soon, keep us up to date.

Sharon,xx:wubclub:

Yeah it's so frustrating. We were so organised and sent everything and then to find out it hadn't been attached etc. :arghh: My OH is the main applicant and so Form 80 was filled out. We were never asked by agent to fill one out for me but when the CO emailed us she said that was one of the docs outstanding :mad: So had to spend Tues evening doing that. CO has been so nice and really prompt replying to us which is great 'cos I wasn't sure what the rules were on emailing them directly when you have an agent.

So worried now that there's something wrong with the meds. Neither of us are sick (that we know of) or ever had surgeries, don't smoke, not over-weight. All the doc said to me was I had a heart murmur.

Just fed up waking up @ 6am, checking emails / online status and nothing .. My optimism is fading. Can't go on saying "Maybe tomorrow".

Thank God for PIO, nobody else gets how frustrating this can be.

Anyway on a positive note, congrats again. Enjoy celebrations and get a good night's sleep ..

x

Hey Gill, I'm sure your meds will be fine. Maybe there's a bit of a backlog at the place in sydney. We did ours by the ehealth service which is why it was quick. We were worried about my OHs as they were referred. He had a congentital hip defect which was operated on when he was little. He has no problems now but being a bricky we though there might be an issue but it was all okay.

I think it's okay to contact your CO if you want to. I'm sure once your meds are finalized your visa will be granted. I'm not sure about the Form 80s though as we didn't do those. Anyway have yourself a good sleep tonight and try not to worry. I know it's frustrating but there's only so much you can do :wubclub:

Hi HevChick

Many many congratulations. I'm so pleased for you!

Hopefully me and Scubabud aren't too far behind you.....

Enjoy your celebrations, Ammosaph xx

Hey,

Congrats again.

x

Hi GGD

Sorry to hear about your hiccup - you must be pulling your hair out!

It will all come good soon, I'm sure.

Keep smiling, Ammosaph xx

I'm living this process by that saying ha ha.

No never been to WA, lived in Sydney for a year in 2004. Thinking of Mindarie, really like the look of the area and the houses. Not sure on distance from the city though, in regard to OH work. He's a plumber so it will kinda depend on his job and mine I suppose (medical secretary), so we'll have to wait and see.

Selling your house .. so exciting. We're gonna rent 'cos wouldn't get enough money selling it now.

x

We're headed Mindarie way - we're going to be staying with friends in Clarkson first. From memory (over 2 years ago) on the train its about 20 mins from Joondalup (nearest main "city") and about 40 mins from central Perth. OH really wants to settle in Freemantle - I'm not so sure. I'm still hoping to win the lottery - if I do its Cottesloe all the way!!! (in my dreams)

Am starting to wonder is all this worth it?

Still no news on visa. Emailed CO, no reply - probably sick of me at this stage.

Agent doesn't know anything more at this stage. Emailed the clinic were we had the meds done - no word back. Emailed the MOC - no reply.

So either some results / paperwork have gone AWOL or both OH and myself have some illness which poses a threat to the Australian public.

Either way I would like to know what is happening, as after shelling out agent's fees, medical fees, WA SS and visa fees and still NO VISA or even a hint of what is going on I am p***ed off to say the least. :mad:

Sorry for rant, was hoping to be able to post some good news on here today.

Am starting to wonder is all this worth it?

Still no news on visa. Emailed CO, no reply - probably sick of me at this stage.

Agent doesn't know anything more at this stage. Emailed the clinic were we had the meds done - no word back. Emailed the MOC - no reply.

So either some results / paperwork have gone AWOL or both OH and myself have some illness which poses a threat to the Australian public.

Either way I would like to know what is happening, as after shelling out agent's fees, medical fees, WA SS and visa fees and still NO VISA or even a hint of what is going on I am p***ed off to say the least. :mad:

Sorry for rant, was hoping to be able to post some good news on here today.

We are in the same boat. All med were sent together yet two seem to have gone walkabout or at least they still say outstanding. Our Agent has emailed and had no response. We did our med 4 March and are just left in limbo. Agent has said just to wait. Its the not know that is bothering me. I totally Know how your feeling.

We are in the same boat. All med were sent together yet two seem to have gone walkabout or at least they still say outstanding. Our Agent has emailed and had no response. We did our med 4 March and are just left in limbo. Agent has said just to wait. Its the not know that is bothering me. I totally Know how your feeling.

It's so frustrating isn't it especially when you see loads of people getting grants that applied after us. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed for those getting their visas but just wish we'd hear something.

I can't sleep anymore, have a constant headache from tiredness and my supply of optimism is slowly running out :wacko:.

At least there's somebody else feeling the same, don't feel so alone now :cute:

x

Guest eager6

Gill,what can l say,please please please try and calm down,don't worry it will come when u least expect it.Our case officer never emailed me back and our agent told us it annoys them when u contact them directly.Try and take a sleeping pill and get someone to wake you up when it comes LOL!!!Chin up girl!!You are near the finish line.

It's so frustrating isn't it especially when you see loads of people getting grants that applied after us. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed for those getting their visas but just wish we'd hear something.

I can't sleep anymore, have a constant headache from tiredness and my supply of optimism is slowly running out :wacko:.

At least there's somebody else feeling the same, don't feel so alone now :cute:

x

Its been a waiting game for a long time for us. We applied back in 2009 then got stuck with all the changes. When we finally got CO we had a mad rush as i had just had another baby and had to add him to visa. He was added 5 days before medicals. So then i thought sit back relax we will have our visa in a week or two. How wrong could i be. Im thinking of taking a chance and ringing them tonight even though agent has said they wont tell me anything as he is the point of contact. But i think i will give it ago anyway as they dont seem to be responding to his emails. We are team 6 what teams is yours.

Gill,what can l say,please please please try and calm down,don't worry it will come when u least expect it.Our case officer never emailed me back and our agent told us it annoys them when u contact them directly.Try and take a sleeping pill and get someone to wake you up when it comes LOL!!!Chin up girl!!You are near the finish line.

Thanks Eager. I know I'm not the only one but I'm just sick with worry. Burst into tears in Tesco the other night and welled up reading your lovely post.

I'm falling apart ha ha.

Just want to be able to plan things, fed up living in limbo :wink:

x

Archived