Sleep Deprived ;(

GaryandGillDublin

Guest perth42
Hi Gill,

Don't worry it will happen. The only morning I don't check and our agent has just phoned to say we have our visa. Check out my new thread - VISA GRANTED WA HERE WE COME.

We were round about the same time as you.

Sharon,xxx

Yehhhhhhhhh mashuasssive congrats Sharon... I told you today was the day.. Think I have them special powers (only work for others) lol!! I bet you just want to celebrate now! Xxxxx

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Burchos
Got our visa grant this morning or was it an April Fool!!

Congratulations - let the celebrations begin

Guest jackfrew
Got our visa grant this morning or was it an April Fool!!

Congrats Travelsparks,:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

It is some feeling, put the bubbly on ice and enjoy your weekend.

Sharon,xxx:hug::hug::hug:

Guest scubabud
Another day and no message from agent and no change on line.

Beginning to think my CO has left the building!

Maybe next week .........................:arghh:

think mine must have left with him lol good luck Ammosaph

Guest eddie

At last got our visa grant today, yeehaa!

Good luck to all those waiting, its worth it!

Paul & Babs

Guest Revs30

Cant remember where I saw it, think it was in the '457 processing times' thread.

But someone did check overnight at the weekend and found it was granted and that they do work weekends. I will try and find it

Guest Revs30
Don't tell me that! The weekends were my only respite from this insanity!

Ooops! Soz.

Ours were granted at 11pm on a Friday night also which would obviously be a Saturday morning there.

I am now officially a zombie. Woke every half hour last night and am absolutely wrecked this morning. Over two weeks now since meds and still no word. Contacted case officer Fri to check if everything was okay. Said meds etc had been received but some docs still outstanding. Contacted agent who said this would be looked into today but haven't heard anything.

Friday comes and I wish the weekend away so Monday comes quicker so everyone is back at their desks in Oz.

But to wake after a sleepless night to no news yet again is very frustrating to say the least. I'm fed up of being tired and snappy. My poor OH got it this morning :arghh:

Rant over :wubclub:

x

Guest jackfrew
I am now officially a zombie. Woke every half hour last night and am absolutely wrecked this morning. Over two weeks now since meds and still no word. Contacted case officer Fri to check if everything was okay. Said meds etc had been received but some docs still outstanding. Contacted agent who said this would be looked into today but haven't heard anything.

Friday comes and I wish the weekend away so Monday comes quicker so everyone is back at their desks in Oz.

But to wake after a sleepless night to no news yet again is very frustrating to say the least. I'm fed up of being tired and snappy. My poor OH got it this morning :arghh:

Rant over :wubclub:

x

Hi Gary and Gill,

Ours still said that too, it never changed, it will be very soon. Ours never changed then went straight to visa granted.

You must be soon as we were at the same time frame.

Sharon,x:wubclub:

Hi guys,

How are you all feeling? I hope you've all had some sleep. :wink:

I'm starting to feel the same now although haven't been waiting quite as long as some of you. My meds are now finalized but OH's are showing as referred. I keep hoping that it will be "visa granted" or "approved" or whatever it says on the on-line checker the next day... and then the next day...and then the next day.. you get the idea. Our agent says it's taking 6 weeks for referred meds to be finalised at the moment but I'm still hoping it'll be this week or the next but I hope it's not 6 weeks - i'll go crazy :wacko: (more so than I am now!). Anyway I thought I'd join this thread and say "hello" to you all. Hope we all get some good news soon :biggrin:

Guest travelsparks

My husband and my sons were finalised straight away, mine took two days we did ours through emedical which is quicker as well

All meds now say finalized! Hooray! That's another load off our minds :biggrin:. Just got to sit tight until they tell us if we've got the visa or not. Not sure how I'm going to acheive that, really very fidgety now and can't concentrate on work at all - ARRGGHH :arghh:. Wish I could just forget about it until we hear but it seems to pop into my head at least every minute! Anyone got any coping strategies please?? Even PIO is not alleviating my symptoms anymore :shocked: - Help!

Thank you

Heather :wacko: x

Guest travelsparks
All meds now say finalized! Hooray! That's another load off our minds :biggrin:. Just got to sit tight until they tell us if we've got the visa or not. Not sure how I'm going to acheive that, really very fidgety now and can't concentrate on work at all - ARRGGHH :arghh:. Wish I could just forget about it until we hear but it seems to pop into my head at least every minute! Anyone got any coping strategies please?? Even PIO is not alleviating my symptoms anymore :shocked: - Help!

Thank you

Heather :wacko: x

As soon as our medicals said finalized and that was the last thing outstanding we got the grant straight away, have you rechecked your email in the last couple of hours ( i know that was a really silly question) to see if you have the grant

Guest travelsparks
As soon as our medicals said finalized and that was the last thing outstanding we got the grant straight away, have you rechecked your email in the last couple of hours ( i know that was a really silly question) to see if you have the grant

I know you probbly have told me but all this visa lark is making or made us mad where in Essex are you from and when in Perth are you going, sorry for the repeating ,myself now mad!!

Guest travelsparks

Wayhay hev.... Not long now!! More planning to be had along with copious amounts of vino!! :wink:
Maybe you can have hevchicks CO after she has finished with her you didnt want mine!!!:confused:

Hi Travelsparks,

We have an agent so they are emailed and then they tell us but not until office hours start (I normally hear from them at 9:30am). I only have access to on-line DIAC visa check thing and it doesn't say anything different, I've checked it 5 times today just to make sure it's not updated during the Australian night and it hasn't :no:. I know you got yours very quickly after meds were finalised so pinning my very high hopes on that although it looks like everyone else has been waiting a lot longer than that so I think that you were very lucky. I wish I had a stick to poke the CO with but it'd have to be very long indeed :laugh:. We are in Brentwood in Essex (although I'm from Herefordshire originally) and are hoping to go somewhere between Perth and Margaret River region along the coast. Large area I know. Nothing is decided yet as I've got to wait for the visa before I'm allowed to start researching it all (OH thinks we are unlucky and any planning may jinx the visa - very annoying for someone like me who loves reseaching everything!) and then maybe we'll narrow it down! How about you? Where are you guys heading? xx

Hi Perth42,

Thanks for the support and idea - i hit the vino last night while watching don't tell the bride (Hah, marriage, something else we thought we might be doing before going to oz!). Very good for the evening but not something I can do while in the office!:laugh: So hitting the tea and choccy biccys hard while at work!

I wonder what happened to travelsparks CO? Seems like nobody in CAT2 got a CO this week?? Anyway, hope you get a CO soon Perth. If we get the visa before you get a CO I'll tell our CO, when I thank him, that you're next in-line and have everything ready to go. :wink: xx

Guest perth42

Thanks travels... At thus rate I'm gonna hop on a plane and go to Oz and demand I'm next lol!!! My agent is waiting till the end of the week (6wks and a day or two) to quote them the processing times and that they are allocating co's within a week from ss confirmation from state to DIAC... So fingers crossed next week we will get our long lost co!!! If not I'm heading to a very twitchy nervous breakdown!!! :eek: xx

Archived