Sleep Deprived ;(

GaryandGillDublin

Just wondering if anyone else out there is suffering from sleep deprivation like us :SLEEP:.

We had our meds 18/03/11 and according to the online system (which I am checking every half hour!!) they are all received. Everything else was uploaded/attached by our agent but some things are still showing as requested online.

If we're lucky enough to get some sleep, we're dreaming about getting that 'golden ticket', then when we wake up and check online / emails we're disappointed not to have word.

Didn't think I'd ever be as bad with the OCD email checking as I was while awaiting word on WA SS.

As they say, "it'll be all worth it in the end". :jiggy:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackfrew

Hi Gill,

We are the same as you. Meds done on 05/03/2011. On the online system still sitting at recevied from 15/03/2011. Our agent uploaded our police checks on the 17/03/2011. Still showing requested. Asked agent if everything was alright, they said that they have everything, but don't check it daily. So I have been checking every couple of hours too OCD.

Keep me up to date on your progress.

CO 24/02/2011 - MEDS DONE 05/03/2011 - MEDS RECEIVED 15/03/2011 - POLICE CHECKS UPLOADED 17/03/2011. WAITING !!!!!!!!

Guest perth42

I've been like that since July! I've been even worse since we lodged - even with the absent 1100 form - since having the confirmation that its been sent I check constantly from 9:30pm to nod off time around 1am and then at 3/4am and again before the hubby dashes out to work all this to see if the dates have changed in the hope of getting a co!! What the hell am I going to be like when we have a co and uploaded our docs!!!!

Once we all have a wonderful visa's we can take a nap on the beach!! :wink:

Guest eager6

Don't worry Gill,won't be long now.17th March our meds confirmed,received visa yesterday 28th March.They are flying through visa at the moment.

Guest eddie

We are the same, every night before bed I check, and every morning before work I check again. How sad is that?

Our meds were received 16/3/11, still no visa!

Do you get e mail notification if you don't have an agent? or do you just have to wait for the letter to drop through your door?

Regards

Paul

Well another sleepless night pretty much :daydreaming:

Now clutching at straws and wondering what time others have got the grant letter / email? Morning or afternoon?

Even when it goes past 4.30 / 5 pm Oz time, I'm still logging onto DIAC and my emails :wacko:

C'mon DIAC, some good news please .. :wubclub:

P.s. Many congrats to those who have recently been granted.

I'm the same.

We had our meds on 11/03. They were shown as "received" and "finalised" on 25/03 - although the doc checklist still says "requested". I think they just haven't updated it yet.

I check at about 3am every morning - I sleep with my ipod next to my bed! Then at 6am - when I am meant to wake up! Then as soon as I get home from work. This has been my routine since August when I started waiting for the WA SMP. I don't know what I'll do with myself when this is all over!

I had an email from my agent yesterday that said all was going as it should and to expect next contact from DIAC in about 3 weeks. That hasn't stopped me checking though!

Perhaps when this is all over if we all club in together we can get some kind of group discount on our DIAC OCD counselling.

Good luck everyone xx

I'm the same.

We had our meds on 11/03. They were shown as "received" and "finalised" on 25/03 - although the doc checklist still says "requested". I think they just haven't updated it yet.

I check at about 3am every morning - I sleep with my ipod next to my bed! Then at 6am - when I am meant to wake up! Then as soon as I get home from work. This has been my routine since August when I started waiting for the WA SMP. I don't know what I'll do with myself when this is all over!

I had an email from my agent yesterday that said all was going as it should and to expect next contact from DIAC in about 3 weeks. That hasn't stopped me checking though!

Perhaps when this is all over if we all club in together we can get some kind of group discount on our DIAC OCD counselling.

Good luck everyone xx

Good idea on the counselling, my OH thinks I'm mad. I'm up out of the bed at 6 am every morning, practically 'sleepwalking' into our little office and sleepily logging onto emails.

I think I had convinced myself we'd hear straight after the meds were done (some PIO people heard pretty much the day after meds??)

I know agent will let us know if they hear anything but the waiting is sooooooooooooo hard.

Anyhoo fingers crossed it won't be too much longer for everyone waiting :jiggy:

Guest travelsparks

I went on line this morning and my husband and my sons were fine mine was referred so I now need to either get into contact with Adelaide or wait, what is best to do?

Guest leccyman

Hi Gill and everyone,

We too must join the OCD group. We had our meds done beginning of March and finalised on the 18th March, our son's was delayed and so was only finalised on 23rd March. Our police checks were uploaded on the 15th ish.

OH checks our online status every morning at 6am which means I hear him get up and then can't get back to sleep or expect him to come bounding up the stairs with news - but when he doesn't I know today's not our day!!

I didn't think the waiting would be this hard. I'm grateful we've got this far and we are lucky to have got a CO and done our meds and PCC's and everything was ok with them....but....the waiting is killing us.

Its my birthday today and all I wanted was our visa!! Is that too much to ask?? Gee wiz I feel like I'm losing my mind, but its been good to see other people feel the same and get this off my chest!

I'm thinking we will get to know before our agent in the end because we check the online system so often.

Guest jackfrew

Hi everyone,

They should really have a better system as people are sending police checks and meds in after some off us and WOOOHO they have the GOLDEN TICKET. Which is great for them, just rubbish for the rest of us.

Our agent said today that they have had 4 visa's granted today for people that lodged 3/4 days before us.

So fingers crossed for us all that it wont be too long. If it goes on much longer we won't have the energy to party when we do get the GOLDEN TICKET.:hug::hug::hug:

Sharon,xxx

Guest Burchos
Sigh.... :daydreaming:We also submitted everything on 18th March and are waiting for the golden ticket. Ours was paper-based so we cant even view the progress online. :sad:

Hi

We had our medicals on 28th March. We are also paper based and I know it is far to early to start waiting for that wonderful email, but it still doesn't stop me.

I am not sleeping a wink. I need to relax or I am going to explode.

I went on line this morning and my husband and my sons were fine mine was referred so I now need to either get into contact with Adelaide or wait, what is best to do?

hi there.. we were recently referred.. it took 3 weeks to the day to become finalised. This seems to be the normal waiting time at the moment. you can email HOC (Health Operations Centre) and they are pretty good at coming back but be precise and say you'd like to know when they might be processing your referred meds. There are other PIO threads on referral which we found really helpful. The case officer said she couldn't help until the medical checks were made.

The day after our meds were finalised we did get our visa.

Hope that helps, best of luck.

Hey,

It's 2 weeks tomorrow since we had our medicals. They were received online the following week. Just wondered are all meds referred and then finalised or only referred if they need further attention?

Getting worried now. Afraid we won't get grant before any changes come into play :unsure:

Don't want to keep bugging agent but don't think we're allowed email CO directly.

Hey,

It's 2 weeks tomorrow since we had our medicals. They were received online the following week. Just wondered are all meds referred and then finalised or only referred if they need further attention?

Getting worried now. Afraid we won't get grant before any changes come into play :unsure:

Don't want to keep bugging agent but don't think we're allowed email CO directly.

We had our meds on 4 March. We are still waiting not sure whats happening as most say finalised just mine and my sons still say outstanding. Dont think changes will effect you now. Your golden ticket will arrive soon. Good luck.

Guest eager6

Ours went to finalised about 1 week after they got them and 10days later got the visa.Deep breaths Gill are required at this stage,l know exactly how you are feeling.My husband thought l was going mad checking every 5 mins on progress of visa.It will be here very soon.I rang DIAC one night at 4am and was on hold for 1hour and all they said to me was we have everything here just a waiting game now and 6 days later we got the visa.

We had our meds on 4 March. We are still waiting not sure whats happening as most say finalised just mine and my sons still say outstanding. Dont think changes will effect you now. Your golden ticket will arrive soon. Good luck.

So hard to stop worrying and not panic :cute:

Fingers crossed we'll all hear something soon. I'd be lost without PIO :wubclub:

x

Ours went to finalised about 1 week after they got them and 10days later got the visa.Deep breaths Gill are required at this stage,l know exactly how you are feeling.My husband thought l was going mad checking every 5 mins on progress of visa.It will be here very soon.I rang DIAC one night at 4am and was on hold for 1hour and all they said to me was we have everything here just a waiting game now and 6 days later we got the visa.

My Husband thinks the same. I know he's anxious too but he's a lot better at hiding it than me ha ha.

Fingers crossed :wink:

x

Guest jackfrew

Hi Gill,

Don't worry it will happen. The only morning I don't check and our agent has just phoned to say we have our visa. Check out my new thread - VISA GRANTED WA HERE WE COME.

We were round about the same time as you.

Sharon,xxx

Guest eager6

We got our CO 16 Feb,l see u got yours 23 Feb.Us women have no patience!!!HA HA and the funny thing now is we have the visa and l miss not checking the online progress (Is that sick or what!!!)