Cost of living / Salaries

downunder

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i got up and drove all the way over to the wirrall,past the job,went the cafe,got two ulster fry on toast and came home again:goofy::laugh:

Superb result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who needs a job when you get ulster fry :biglaugh:wtf is ulster fry ????????????

Any 'meat' that comes out of a tin is wrong!!!!!

Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Its not in a tin Munch,butchers do it,yer must have it London,any meat that hasnt got a head attatched is wrong really but i still eat it,btw ever been an abatoir? DONT! you'l become a veggie:yes:,are you shouting at me coz Kirks done yer head in:laugh::wink:

Its not in a tin Munch,butchers do it,yer must have it London,any meat that hasnt got a head attactched is wrong really but i still eat it,btw ever been an abatoir? DONT! you'l become a veggie:yes:,are you shouting at me coz Kirks done yer head in:laugh::wink:

Spam is gross, to be fair have never seen it in butchers only ever in a tin with a key wtf???

Dont think I would ever visit an abattoir, I like meat and I know it's origin but couldn't look at it freshly killed

No I'm not shouting at you but yes Kirk got on me nerves £300 grand seriously??!!!!

Spam is gross, to be fair have never seen it in butchers only ever in a tin with a key wtf???

Dont think I would ever visit an abattoir, I like meat and I know it's origin but couldn't look at it freshly killed

No I'm not shouting at you but yes Kirk got on me nerves £300 grand seriously??!!!!

I know!and the end bit to hook the key on allways snapped off,and yer'd end up slashing yer hands fighting the tin with a tin opener:mad:,try some ulster fry munch,you'l like it.

I know your not shouting,only joshing:wubclub:,dont take Kirk too serious,he likes a bit of a wind up does Kirk:biggrin:,who took this thread so far offtrack btw?DOWNUNDER will wonder WTFs going on here!im blaming you and Loubeany:cute:

Hi,

I don't think I have met anyone who earns over $100k here in QLD! I must be moving in the wrong circles. Maybe you need $150k a year to get by in Sydney, like you need a larger salary to live in London.

However, all you have to do is look at the salary for jobs advertised in Australia. Maybe try

SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

11 million people live here doing jobs, just like the 60 million in the UK- they sell cars, drive ambulances, build houses, works in banks, bakers, shops, the trades etc. They all survive here in Oz and they aren't leaving in droves, so you must be able to survive!

We are a family of 5, paying rent that is twice what my mortgage was in the UK, running twice the amount of cars, working in the health service at 2 bands lower than in England and surviving ok. And the wife's given up her 2 days a week job. We don't have as much left over as we did in the UK, but then again we don't need to spend loads to cheer ourselves up lol.

If you need a massive new McHouse, 2 brand new cars, kids in private schools, and top dollar health insurance, you need to earn more, obviously.

here are some links/info, that may be helpful:

Average Weekly Earnings, Australia, Nov 2010-

Source

Australian Bureau of Statistics

Full-time adult ordinary time earnings $1272.50

=$66170 a year.

Take home pay calculator:

Income Tax Calculator

As pointed out, salary sacrifice is available which means in a nutshell, you don't pay any tax on earnings that you spend on mortgages/car loans/ and loads of other stuff.

PS- I picked up a bottle of Islay single malt the other day at $65 which isn't too bad.

I know!and the end bit to hook the key on allways snapped off,and yer'd end up slashing yer hands fighting the tin with a tin opener:mad:,try some ulster fry munch,you'l like it.

I know your not shouting,only joshing:wubclub:,dont take Kirk too serious,he likes a bit of a wind up does Kirk:biggrin:,who took this thread so far offtrack btw?DOWNUNDER will wonder WTFs going on here!im blaming you and Loubeany:cute:

Hey, you can't blame me, I was still talking about money, you're the one who bought up fake meat  I think I'll leave the ulster fry to you pabs along with the gravy on Chinese 

Hey, you can't blame me, I was still talking about money, you're the one who bought up fake meat  I think I'll leave the ulster fry to you pabs along with the gravy on Chinese 

My fault again then:rolleyes::laugh:,well i did mention the average wage 65k?!only on chicken fried rice btw,and big mistake not trying ulster fry,your loss,i hope yer dont regret it:wideeyed:,i know....you'l live with it munch:biggrin:

My fault again then:rolleyes::laugh:,well i did mention the average wage 65k?!only on chicken fried rice btw,and big mistake not trying ulster fry,your loss,i hope yer dont regret it:wideeyed:,i know....you'l live with it munch:biggrin:

Oh well that's ok then if it's only chicken fried rice.

I will try to live my life not regretting trying an ulster fry, I know it will be hard but I'm sure with the right support I'll manage  (btw do u see any of the smileys I've used?)

Oh well that's ok then if it's only chicken fried rice.

I will try to live my life not regretting trying an ulster fry, I know it will be hard but I'm sure with the right support I'll manage  (btw do u see any of the smileys I've used?)

I see them but im a bit rusty on chinese hyroglyphics atm tbh munch:wubclub:

I see them but im a bit rusty on chinese hyroglyphics atm tbh munch:wubclub:

Bum, I'm using my iPhone and I can see then clearly but had a feeling they wouldn't show as I don't see any of the smileys on here that have been done on pooter! Oh well, shall have to go oldskool when using phone :0P

Guest famousfive

We are a family of five and went through over six months trying to survive on such a wage.........it's not enough!!!We had some centerlink payments on top of it and it was still a tight squeeze.No 'lifestyle' on that wage,existance at best.

Guest Bobby

Some average salaries.

State Average Annual Wage Australian Capital Territory$75,514 Western Australia$70,101 New South Wales$65,863 Queensland$63,840 Victoria$62,847 Northern Territory$61,870 South Australia$59,176 Tasmania$55,255

Australia's best-paid workers are miners, whose ordinary earnings average $103,111 a year.

Next come professional, scientific and technical services workers who average $77,761 per annum.

Retail workers average $48,703.

The poorest wages are found in the accommodation and restaurant sector where full-time workers earn $46,306 on average.

The high prices fetched by Australia's commodity exports in recent years are expected to continue into the foreseeable future. Projections are than Australian wages have a good chance of continuing to grow at a faster rate than in most other western economies.

Average Australian Wage By Industry

(Full Time Ordinary Earnings)

Industry Sector Average Annual Wage Mining$103,111 Manufacturing$58,292 Electricity, Gas and Water Supply$71,557 Construction$65,816 Wholesale Trade$62,452 Retail Trade$48,703 Accommodation, Cafes and Restaurants$46,306 Transport and Storage$60,018 Communication Services$77,033 Finance and Insurance$76,487 Property and Business Services$63,175 Professional, Scientific and Technical Services$77,761 Administrative and Support Services$62,884 Government Administration and Defence $68,177 Education $68,921 Health and Community Services$62,036 Cultural and Recreational Services$56,971 Other Services$50,742

Bum, I'm using my iPhone and I can see then clearly but had a feeling they wouldn't show as I don't see any of the smileys on here that have been done on pooter! Oh well, shall have to go oldskool when using phone :0P

No i can see them munch,but dont know what they are,they look like some kind of tiny symbol with numbers/letters on tbh,so i cant make out what they mean:wideeyed:

No i can see them munch,but dont know what they are,they look like some kind of tiny symbol with numbers/letters on tbh,so i cant make out what they mean:wideeyed:

Just normal smileys and winkers - and yes I said winkers!!!!!!

AVERAGE SALARY 2010 IN OZ WERE 66K - WA HAS HIGHER SALARIES FOR CONSTRUCTION AT 76K AVERAGE.

Pabs ole pal you dont alf talk a load of s..t !!! at least i dont eat tinned rubbish lmao

Yeah? well its only been since march 2011:idea::wink:,its not tinned Lou,i tell yer what...:mad:,yer might be thoughtless but yer never speechless Lou:wink: