2nd stage partner visa

meme78

is anyone going through the 2nd stage of the spouse visa? any ideas on info required and current processing times? i'm sick of not having PR despite having a child here who is a citizen....i'm trying to get onto a course and international fees are ridiculous.

I got mine in 3 months. Their standard reply is that it takes 6 months and they do much more checks than for stage 1. They dont give you very much helpful information but the process is similar to the first stage - lots of evidence you are still in a relationship, bank statements, rent agreement, police checks, photos, employment history and countries you have visited in the last 10 years but our stat decs were about a typed A4 page each. You have to nominate 2 Aussie citizens to do a reference but they never contacted ours as they were the same people who did the original stat decs and were family.

Its a pain in the neck but pretty straight forward and life gets much easier when you have PR!!!

Well Im applying for mine at the moment, only snag is I'm buggering off back to the UK in 5 weeks, but I believe you can apply whilst out of the country, I will have submitted the application before I leave though.

As for timescales my brother in law got his back within 6 weeks.

thanks for that. i assumed the 2nd stage would be easier on the old paperwork but doesn't sound like it! i had also assumed that it would be granted almost instantly but according to many people it's another few months wait. oh well, 2012 it looks like for me! just a bit weird i could still be kicked out despite being the mother of a citizen. have come this far i guess.....can't change the rules but it's still frustrating....

I've been waiting for 4 months and the stress is huge.

Is that four months after the two years waiting period? My two year waiting period is coming to an end soon and am still waiting for the two year letter to tell me what else I have to provide.

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Yes!

I send back my paper work for the second stage visa on the 24 november and got clarification that they received it, so its pretty much 4 months now. They say it takes 6-8 months so i'm still well within the timeframe but its a bit of a head wreck all the same.

Maybe you should contact them if its been 22 months since you got your first visa

Yes!

I send back my paper work for the second stage visa on the 24 november and got clarification that they received it, so its pretty much 4 months now. They say it takes 6-8 months so i'm still well within the timeframe but its a bit of a head wreck all the same.

Maybe you should contact them if its been 22 months since you got your first visa

Oh right... yeah, I tried to call the Melbourne office and I've left a message. They said in an email reply to my enquiry three weeks ago about the upcoming end of the two year period and was told to call if I had not received the two year letter in three weeks, which is about now!

This waiting lark is a real pain...

Guest Nadjez

good luck all . i wont be applying for my 2nd stage for a nother year but it's good to get information and see how people are doing : )

• 1 month later...
Guest Taytoconnorrs

no, but funnily enough I rang them yesterday and they said it was being processed - the guy said it can take up to 9 months...... I think its been 6 months since they got my 2nd stage application

Guest Nadjez

what office is the second stage processed these days is it still melbourne or perth now too? 9 months jeez thats a long time !!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peterpan89

Congratulations!

Just a quick question, the 22 month wait...is that from the very first date you apply for the visa?

It's just current processing times from when you apply to temporary residency is 12 months.

So say, I was granted my temporary residency 12 months after I applied... would I then have only 10 more months before my permanent residency would be looked at?

Many Thanks

Peterpan89 the 22months is when you will be sent out the forms for the second stage. They will be looked at 24months after you first applied, though processing times are being quoted as 6months at the moment iirc. So that would get you PR two and a half years after you first handed your application in.

• 1 month later...
Guest navdeepkaur
Yes!

when was ur two years due i mean eligibility date due .mine was in april and still waiting