Anyone from Essex moving to Victoria ?

Guest chippy2011

Guest tiddywiddy
Hi, we are planning to move over to melboure and my wife is from Shoebury ness and i am from Benfleet, we are a forces family so live up by cheltenham atm, We are looking to move to Hoppers / Werriby area as my parents moved here 5 years ago and my brother about 15 years ago.

I am looking to get into the Mechanical Engineering managment / Lean efficiency area of work so will proberly end up working in the city.

Hiya

Im an Essex girl & not too far from you wonderful hometown, :wink:

Im from Canvey (:embarrassed:) & my O/h is a Benfleet boy, King John school. Got a job lined up when you get there?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No job as yet as im going through the Army Redundancy tranche 1 atm so will know for sure 1st of Sept and out by 1st on March 2012. Looking at the jobs I am going for..(Mechanical Engineer manager)(Lean assesor) i should be able to find a suitable beer token provider quite quick.

Im going over to visit my parents in Dec (they live in Wyndam Vale) and will hopefull have job interviews while im over there.

I had a bungalow on canvey island when I was posted in colchester.

King Jonh..... Booo appleton boy myself, did your OH go to benfleet Juniors Im 36 maybe we went to Junior togeather..

Small world

Rob.

Guest chippy2011

Wow great to see some new additions to the Essex movers lol, We have just submitted our visa application just got the evidence to upload now :goofy: scray stuff without an agent lol ...........Good luck to everyone .keep intouch :biggrin:

Guest tiddywiddy
Wow great to see some new additions to the Essex movers lol, We have just submitted our visa application just got the evidence to upload now :goofy: scray stuff without an agent lol ...........Good luck to everyone .keep intouch :biggrin:

Good luck to you too, hope you find it not too stressful without an agent, but think of all the ££££ your save!!!! lol

We should all try & keep in touch?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chippy2011

OMG we have been allocated a case officer already :wideeyed: and we havent even uploaded the evidence yet !! All happening so quickly................Uploading the evidence this weekl just got to book the solicitor for certifying then book the medicals ,wow i cant believe it :wacko: time to get cracking lol.

Good luck everyone !

OMG we have been allocated a case officer already :wideeyed: and we havent even uploaded the evidence yet !! All happening so quickly................Uploading the evidence this weekl just got to book the solicitor for certifying then book the medicals ,wow i cant believe it :wacko: time to get cracking lol.

Good luck everyone !

Wow good news, will fly by now. xx:jiggy:

Good luck everyone !

Chippie how long once you applied for SS do it take to hear something back?

Also the visa application?

Guest chippy2011
Chippie how long once you applied for SS do it take to hear something back?

Also the visa application?

Hi ,it took 12 weeks for state sponsorship to come through, and took 2 weeks to be allocated a case officer from visa submission but i still have to upload all the evidence yet lol, How far on are you with your application ?:wink:

Hi ,it took 12 weeks for state sponsorship to come through, and took 2 weeks to be allocated a case officer from visa submission but i still have to upload all the evidence yet lol, How far on are you with your application ?:wink:

Our migration people applied for SS at the same time as booking my carpentry practical- you can do that in Vic by all accounts. Vic have requested we forward the vetasses pass letter to them when we receive it- I took my test the 11 April still haven't got it!!!!!!!

We've been advised it's looking good but you never know do you until its in the bank I wish they would hurry up I'm pulling my last remaining hairs out!

We started the whole process mid November last year it seems to be moving along quite nicely, our migration people estimate we should have everything by Christmas time.

Guest chippy2011

Thats good, we started this process in 2007 lol has been one hurdle after another but we now finaly seem to be getting somewhere lol,

Keep in touch.

Thats good, we started this process in 2007 lol has been one hurdle after another but we now finaly seem to be getting somewhere lol,

Keep in touch.

What has happened to you to slow the process down? I've seen a few

People on here that have been waiting for ages!

Guest chippy2011

First my husband broke his heel at work, was off for 3 months ,so no money to do the visa....then the resession hit so yet again no funds.......then they changed all rules so we didnt have enough points....then finaly we got state sponsored and now we are finaly on our way lol !1

Guest derson

How do, another Colchester person here! Living in Berwick VIC via Rye and have been here 7 months now .....let me know if I can help anyone with the move or anything else!

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

My husband has had a job offer in East Bentleigh, VIC and he flys out in July (we are joining him in August).

We are trying to suss out the good areas from the bad as we are looking to rent somewhere reasonably spacious and reasonably priced for a year, we have two young children, one of which is due to start school in Jan so want to be near decent schools etc, any advice for us?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Guest chippy2011
How do, another Colchester person here! Living in Berwick VIC via Rye and have been here 7 months now .....let me know if I can help anyone with the move or anything else!

Adrian

Hey nice to hear from you,........... so how is life down under lol ?

Guest derson

Hi Alex!

Well, Berwick works well for us (me and wifey + 2 kids, 5 and 6 years). The kids love their school and so do we and the surrounding area is superb for days out. Short-ish drive to the beach, even shorter drive to beautiful countryside and Berwick itself has all the usual stuff you'd need by way of shops and other facilities.

Bit of a trek to the city - I drive there everyday along the Monash Freeway (M1) and it takes between 45mins and 1h15mins depending on traffic. Plus there's the toll to pay at CityLink if you go that way.

We have a 4 bed house with good size garden plus 'rumpus' room, garage, etc and it costs us $380 a week. The trouble we had was actually convincing a landlord to take us on - I wasn't earning $ when we were looking, so we had to compromise on a place the other side of town from the kids' school. Not too much of a drama as we were used to driving to primary school in Colchester and the traffic is similar....

Let me know if you need to know anything else....and sorry for the delay in replying....

All the best

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

My husband has had a job offer in East Bentleigh, VIC and he flys out in July (we are joining him in August).

We are trying to suss out the good areas from the bad as we are looking to rent somewhere reasonably spacious and reasonably priced for a year, we have two young children, one of which is due to start school in Jan so want to be near decent schools etc, any advice for us?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Guest derson

Hi Chippy! So far so good - although (believe it or not) I do miss Colchester and mates, etc and of couorse family. But we still feel it was a great decision to bring our kids up here....but it's still early days!

Hey nice to hear from you,........... so how is life down under lol ?

Hi Chippy! So far so good - although (believe it or not) I do miss Colchester and mates, etc and of couorse family. But we still feel it was a great decision to bring our kids up here....but it's still early days!

A little update from our end, we got SS on Monday and our agent has applied for our visa!

Now I am S***** it as it's becoming more real!!!!

Hi, I've moved here from all over the place; Colchester, Chelmsford, <obscure villages> and Canvey.

I'm living on the Sandringham line in Elsternwick; which is nice enough. I'm not sure I want to live much closer to the CBD as there's plenty going on in St Kilda. Beats a night out in Dukes....

• 2 months later...