Ideas for 4 nights away?

Guest mandy1970

Guest mandy1970

We are thinking about going away for a few nights (first time since we arrived) and wondered where to go? Have been as far east as Midland, north IKEA, and south Bunbury for the day. So still a lot to explore.

As hubby is works away we can really only go from 25/26 April - expensive school hols!! We have 2 girls 12 and 7. Any accommodation (hotel,holiday park, etc) any experience. We are easily pleased lol

Where do you like to go??

Guest AnubisUK

I don't know where those places are so not sure where you are in Australia, but I just got back from a day/night in Ballarat and it was gorgeous! Although the kids might get a bit bored, as there isn't much to do. Unless you take them on the ghost tour we went on last night which I thoroughly recommend :D

I don't know where those places are so not sure where you are in Australia, but I just got back from a day/night in Ballarat and it was gorgeous! Although the kids might get a bit bored, as there isn't much to do. Unless you take them on the ghost tour we went on last night which I thoroughly recommend :D

You didn't go to Sovereign Hill at Ballarat,??? My kids used to love panning for gold there, and the 'Blood under the southern cross' show.

Guest alison and Simon

Ballarat also has a wildlife park and oly two hours from bendigo which has the easter festival on which is fab.! You might not get accomodation in bendigo cos of the festival which is fab but it has quite a few caravan parks etc. You could stay in ballarat and drive over. I love bendigo cos is pretty central and loads to do within two hours of driving which isnt bad.!! Lots to do here - goldmines, wine! water slides , Worth alook. If you dont fancy then we are off to adelaide and have booked beach house and there is dolphins on the murray river, paddlesteamers, wildlife parks and of course the city which is much cooler than Perth!!! Travelling along the great ocean road is also good but kids can get fed up !:mask:

Alison

Guest AnubisUK
You didn't go to Sovereign Hill at Ballarat,??? My kids used to love panning for gold there, and the 'Blood under the southern cross' show.

We wanted to but didn't have the money :( Kind of glad we didn't though, the weather was atrocious (although it made for a better atmosphere on the ghost tour :D)

Definitely going to do Sovereign Hill when I go back :)

We are thinking about going away for a few nights (first time since we arrived) and wondered where to go? Have been as far east as Midland, north IKEA, and south Bunbury for the day. So still a lot to explore.

As hubby is works away we can really only go from 25/26 April - expensive school hols!! We have 2 girls 12 and 7. Any accommodation (hotel,holiday park, etc) any experience. We are easily pleased lol

Where do you like to go??

Jurien Bay is worth a trip. Look at the Apex complex at Jurien, it is basic but we didn't mind it. Pinacles close by, nice beaches and caves and a few other bits and bobs to do. 2 hours drive north of Perth.

Guest destinationoz

I don't know where you are coz sadly we're not there yet but when we were we went Youth Hostelling - you can get family ensuite rooms at good prices in accom than can be as good as some hotels here! Could have changed mind you - we went in 2007. There's a YHA website with photos etc.

Bussleton is lovely, beautiful beaches, near by caves and the underwater observatory at the end of the pier. We stayed in a park called Mandalay - which had a pool, table tennis, bouncing cushion (bit like a bouncy castle), BBQ's etc.

I can also reccomend Albany - loads to see down there, Whale World, Brig Amity, drive to the tree top walk,

Archived