GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Guest redprimrose
I have done medicals wthout a file nmber and hold the custody of reports with me, there is no file number required for medicals i suppose.

Btw - did anyone else call the ASPC to check progress?

I've contacted local hospital. File number is needed if we want to proceed with medicals. :sad:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mit123

I have received an acknowledgement email from DIAC today. It took around 3 weeks after I lodged my onshore application by post. I guess you guys will receive the acknowledgement email soon. : )

Guest mit123
hi mit, when was money withdrawn? Hope I will receive the email next week.

In DIAC's acknowledgement email, the receipt in .pdf format is also attached and it reveals that the money was withdrawn today and my payment method is bank cheque. I'm quite surprised that DIAC staffs are still working today (Saturday) and this is a good news as they are trying to process applications faster. Hopefully I'm right :).

Personally, I think you will receive the acknowledgement from DIAC soon, perhaps next week since your application also reached DIAC at the same day as mine.

Guest redprimrose

Perhaps offshore app takes longer to pocess. I'll make the phone call if no email received by the end of next week.

btw, what's your lodgement date? 23rd March?

Guest mit123
Perhaps offshore app takes longer to pocess. I'll make the phone call if no email received by the end of next week.

btw, what's your lodgement date? 23rd March?

My lodgement date was 21st March and DIAC received my application on 23rd March.

Guest JSHAN

Congrats MIT - you give us hope that they have started processing paper base application for march 3-4 weeks which is where most of us are.

DIAC received my application on 21st March - but I am still awaiting an ack file number email. :mad:

Mit23 you just opened a can on worms for me...

Guest redprimrose

Get the info from another thread: a guy have been waiting for Ack and FN email for almost 30 day since paper application was submitted.

This long wait is really frustrating.

Guest JSHAN

Looks like it is again sam case : doc submitted 1 month back , received DIAC may be 3-5days .. so again he is 3 weeks from date of receival should expect an update this week like us - as we are hopeful too....

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest mit123

Please be patient as offshore applications may take a bit longer than onshore ones. Furthermore, it seems that DIAC is now allocating more officers to process applications with subclass 485 (please click here for more information) so maybe our applications will be handled slower than normal?. I'm not sure. It's just a guess.

Guest mit123
I'm wondering whether the date of DIAC receival is considered as lodgement date?

That's right. The lodgement date is the date DIAC receive your application.

Guest JSHAN
That's right. The lodgement date is the date DIAC receive your application.

Receival date is the application date that has been confirmed in my last call...

Guest redprimrose

Hi,

I have a problem.

Just now receive state sponsorship from Victoria.

Since I have lodged paper-based app with QLD sponsorship, is it possible to change destination?

Regards,

Redprimrose

Guest JSHAN

Hmm i would call the DIAC to discuss my options.. This is a tuff one.. Call the DIAC and put them through your situation and if you can swap the SS.

Then do it at the time you get an acknowledgement email from DIAC on you 176 application and let the VIC know that they have to send form 1100, and WA leave them as it is as they donot know stil that you have lodged an application.

But once VIC sends DIAC form 1100 tell WA that you are not going ahead with the sponsorship option from WA.

Thanks,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

I tried to call DIAC yesterday, but line was always busy.

I'm considering of reporting the loss of credit card so that the app will become invalid, then lodge a new app. Is it feasible?

Guest JSHAN
I tried to call DIAC yesterday, but line was always busy.

I'm considering of reporting the loss of credit card so that the app will become invalid, then lodge a new app. Is it feasible?

Not a good idea i would say.. try today wait for 40-50 minutes and speak your mind..:arghh:

I would not further complicate matters(like loss of CC etc.) for a already complicated and delayed 176 file number... I think there is a form that you can submit later confirming the change of SS from WA to VIC.. explore that option.

:err:

first give them a call and discuss, this will also benefit you in terms of how long are we gonna take for our file numbers.:SLEEP:

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

Hi

My friend in Mel called DIAC twice today.

One operator said that I should submit an updated form and VIC SS , then state sponsorship will be changed.

The other one said that sponsorship can't be changed. I should withdraw app right now and lodge a new one.

Agent of my friend said that state sponsorship can't be changed after lodgement(I think he means the date money is taken), and withdraw an app may need file number.

What a complicated situation I'm in. Anyway, I decide to believe the first one and will send form 1023 to update info. In that case time will not be wasted in waiting.

btw, My friend forgot to ask when we will receive file number. I'll try to call DIAC next Monday.

Regards

Guest JSHAN

forgot ot put this message on friday...

I called up DIAC and asked them abt my file which had reached DIAC on 21st march, he said as we are discussing now the 176 paper visa application has reached 21 March so you should expect your file number anwhere between Mnday and Wednesday.. Hope he is rite...

Have a good weekend all...

Regards,

JSHAN

Hi Everyone,

I sent my paper based 176 to diac on 23/02 by normal post, we didnt hear anything until 22/03 when we recieved our acknowledgment email. Diac recieved it on 04/03 so this is our lodgement date. They took the money on 22/03 aswell. Nothing has happened at all since then as our form 1100 (the form that the state have to send to diac to confirm sponsorship) has got lost somewhere!! We had an email from wa on 31/03 saying that they had confirmed ss with diac so I presumed that I would just have to wait until I heard anything else from diac. Everyone on here were being allocated case officers fairly quickly but we hadnt heard anything & by last monday I was starting to sense that something might not be right, I phoned diac early tues morning to ask whether they had recieved form 1100 from wa, it seems I was right to be worried as they said no they hadnt & advised me to call wa to discuss this problem with them. Diac said until form 1100 is recieved the application is treated as priority 3 instead of priority 2. I phoned wa straight after but they said they had emailed the form to diac but they would email it again anyway.

I rang diac again thursday morning & they still hadnt recieved form 1100! How can 2 emails get lost!! I rang wa again who said they have sent it & it had gone to the right inbox, they said diac staff dont communicate with each other & they dont know what theyre doing!! all well & good but that dont help my situation!!!

I am totally fuming with all this & have been told to call wa again monday to speak with the lady who accually sends over the 1100's as she was 'conveniently' not in thurs & fri.

This is pure incompetence as nobody can really be bothered to look into this when I phone & diac just arnt interested at all as to them its just tough!!

This whole process has aged me 10 years I reckon!!!:arghh:

Guest fuel4mind
Hi Everyone,

I sent my paper based 176 to diac on 23/02 by normal post, we didnt hear anything until 22/03 when we recieved our acknowledgment email. Diac recieved it on 04/03 so this is our lodgement date. They took the money on 22/03 aswell. Nothing has happened at all since then as our form 1100 (the form that the state have to send to diac to confirm sponsorship) has got lost somewhere!! We had an email from wa on 31/03 saying that they had confirmed ss with diac so I presumed that I would just have to wait until I heard anything else from diac. Everyone on here were being allocated case officers fairly quickly but we hadnt heard anything & by last monday I was starting to sense that something might not be right, I phoned diac early tues morning to ask whether they had recieved form 1100 from wa, it seems I was right to be worried as they said no they hadnt & advised me to call wa to discuss this problem with them. Diac said until form 1100 is recieved the application is treated as priority 3 instead of priority 2. I phoned wa straight after but they said they had emailed the form to diac but they would email it again anyway.

I rang diac again thursday morning & they still hadnt recieved form 1100! How can 2 emails get lost!! I rang wa again who said they have sent it & it had gone to the right inbox, they said diac staff dont communicate with each other & they dont know what theyre doing!! all well & good but that dont help my situation!!!

I am totally fuming with all this & have been told to call wa again monday to speak with the lady who accually sends over the 1100's as she was 'conveniently' not in thurs & fri.

This is pure incompetence as nobody can really be bothered to look into this when I phone & diac just arnt interested at all as to them its just tough!!

This whole process has aged me 10 years I reckon!!!:arghh:

It must be really frustrating. Request the WA lady to copy you while forwarding the form 1100 to DIAC. I am not sure whether she will do it or not, but definitely it's worth asking.

Guest redprimrose
forgot ot put this message on friday...

I called up DIAC and asked them abt my file which had reached DIAC on 21st march, he said as we are discussing now the 176 paper visa application has reached 21 March so you should expect your file number anwhere between Mnday and Wednesday.. Hope he is rite...

Have a good weekend all...

Regards,

JSHAN

Hope this week we'll hear good news.

If your file number will be iussed before Wednesday, I should expect mine by the end of the week.