GSM paper based applications

Guest fuel4mind

Guest fuel4mind

I have started this thread for sharing the time line of paper-based GSM applications so that it will be helpful for our forum members. Guys please share your time line.

I have sent my paper application last Wednesday and it has reached DIAC today. Waiting for the ACK from DIAC. Hope it takes a month at least...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redprimrose

Hi, I'm also waiting for file number and acknowledgment letter. Application was received on 23rd March.

Guest mit123
Hi, I'm also waiting for file number and acknowledgment letter. Application was received on 23rd March.

Hi, I lodged my application on 21st March and it was received by DIAC on 23rd March too. I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement email.

Guest redprimrose
Hi, I lodged my application on 21st March and it was received by DIAC on 23rd March too. I'm still waiting for the acknowledgement email.

I just checked credit card account, Charge has not been taken. :sad:

Guest mit123
I just checked credit card account, Charge has not been taken. :sad:

I sent the bank cheque along with my application so I don't know if they already cashed it out or not. Perhaps next week, they will have this cashing process done and send an acknowledgement email to us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fuel4mind

I have sent my application on Mar 23th and was received by DIAC on Mar 25th. Still waiting for the acknowledgment.

Guest mit123
I have sent my application on Mar 23th and was received by DIAC on Mar 25th. Still waiting for the acknowledgment.

Me too. Still waiting for the acknowledgement.

Please keep us updated.

All,

I applied for 176 visa last year. I think most apps are now electronic. My time line is below, if I remember correctly DIAC took three/four weeks to take payment.

Sorry about clipped response I am on iPad and it is not good for typing.

Applied for QLD state sponsorship 25 Mar 2010, granted 01 May 2010.

App received by DIAC 25 Jul 2010 (just in time for the application freeze! Lol).

Sent with all documentation (skills assessment etc).

Case officer allocated 05 Dec 2010, meds and police checks requested.

Meds and police checks sent 25 Jan 2010 (I requested extension due to getting medical appointment). Meds were referred for minor health issue.

176 Visa granted 31 Mar 2011.

Forgot to say mine was a paper app.

Guest JSHAN

Guys, I sent my paper application on 16th March 2011 and was acknowledged by DIAC on 21st March, No file number provided yet, no money wihtdrawn by DIAC.

I called up DIAC inthis regard as it has been 15 days since the ack. I had to wait fo 57 minutes (dint mind) and was approached by a operator who asked my passport num and visa class applied for and said "The ack has been received, but there have been a surge of applications (paper) last month and we are clearing the queue. As far as I can tell you yours wont be long sir."

But the soothing part is DIAC is considering the ack date as the visa application date so mine is 21/03(VE 176)

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest JSHAN

Guys - here is my information

Name: JSHAN

Date of Visa application: 16th March 2011

Date of DIAC receival: 21st March 2011

High/Low Risk: HR

Visa type: 176 SS Paper

Which State Sponsored:VIC

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: 16th March 2011

Police check submitted:16th March 2011

Date of File# received : Not Yet

Date Form 1100 sent:Not Yet

Date CO assigned: Not Yet

Date visa granted: Not Yet

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

My information:

Name: Reprimrose

Date of Visa application: 20th March 2011

Date of DIAC receival: 23st March 2011

Which State Sponsored:QLD

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted:Not Yet

Guest fuel4mind

Name: fuel4mind

Date of Visa application: 23th March 2011

Date of DIAC receival: 25st March 2011

Which State Sponsored:NSW

Medicals submitted: Not Yet

Police check submitted:Not Yet

Guest fuel4mind

I believe DIAC will take considerable time to acknowledge our applications. Recently one of our forum member (itsSHIRLEY) received her acknowledgment on 17th March for the application she sent on 17th feb by ordinary post. I believe it will take a month at least for the process but the lodging date is gonna be the application received date.

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi i did get a file no on the 17th march, the above information is correct and as from the 28 march I have now a case officer team 4. and now have to get medicals, police checks and form 80 done and sent to them .

Guest fuel4mind
Hi i did get a file no on the 17th march, the above information is correct and as from the 28 march I have now a case officer team 4. and now have to get medicals, police checks and form 80 done and sent to them .

Congrats Shirley. :biggrin: Thanks a lot for the info. May I know your occupation?

Guest JSHAN

This is a good news- atleast to see that CO has been allocated to Shirley and NSW is quick with its Form 1100.

I hope to see the similar progress on my application as I have already done Medicals & PCC upfront. So the CO should take effective 1 day to close my case :wink:.

All the best to others too.. just make sure that you have your PCC's done atleast as per the diac guidelines P2 applicants are the best priority.

Guest JSHAN

Shirley's application they received it on 2nd March and sent a file number on 17th March. So effectively its 15 days.. So I would say if you give 3-4 days turnaround on the already existing backlog it should not take more than 20days(F..) to register us...

I would say my date for file number receival is 11-12 April

Regards,

JSHAN

Guest redprimrose

Hope we will hear some good news next week. I can't have medicals done without file number.

Guest JSHAN

I have done medicals wthout a file nmber and hold the custody of reports with me, there is no file number required for medicals i suppose.

Btw - did anyone else call the ASPC to check progress?

Archived