register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest ekinguowei

Subclass 485 IELTS 28days issue

Guest ekinguowei

Is anyone can help to answer me some questions...

My issue is that I've applied 485 visa at 10th of March, by the time I lodge the application, I enattach the reference number of IELTS test which I sat on 5th of March. But I failed the test with listening 5.5. So I applied another test immediately after I have the results for my first test, but next test will be held at 2nd of April, which means that I cannot lodge my second ielts result within 28days after the visa application by the time the second test result has been released.

In my situation, does it mean that my 485 visa will definitely be refused? Or is there anything I can do?

I've been searching on the Internet about this issue, some says that it would be fine as long as I lodge the result before the case office starts to look my case, but other says that it has to be within 28 days. I feel helpless and confused. Someone please help!!!

Guest ekinguowei

no one can help me???

Guest ekinguowei

Seems like no one knows the answer.

It might be worth you contacting DIAC directly - I think there is a tel number / online query form on their website. Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Vetassess app 3/4/11, granted 14/7. IELTS 7/5. SA SS applied 18/7, granted 19/9. Applied 176 14/10, CO 7/11, Meds 3/12. 176 granted 3/Jan/12. Adelaide on holiday Dec 2011, Perth holiday Nov 2012. Struggling to decide... my Dad in UK, my Mum & sister in Adelaide.

Guest Laura G

For the 485 visa IELTS is being moved from time of application criteria to time of decision criteria, keep plugging away at the test.

A case at the High Court has set precedent

I had exactly the same issue as yours and my visa was refused, I am planning to apply MRT to get more time and in the meantime start to apply for RSMS visa as my employer is willing to support me, but I still have to be in offshore when I lodge RSMS visa but it may take only 2 days and I can come back to continue my job.

this is the suggestion that I got from a migration agent, but i will ask many opinion from different agent and consider which one is better.

As yours happened earlier than me, would you like to be kindly share a bit your personal advice to me

Best regards

Is anyone can help to answer me some questions...

My issue is that I've applied 485 visa at 10th of March, by the time I lodge the application, I enattach the reference number of IELTS test which I sat on 5th of March. But I failed the test with listening 5.5. So I applied another test immediately after I have the results for my first test, but next test will be held at 2nd of April, which means that I cannot lodge my second ielts result within 28days after the visa application by the time the second test result has been released.

In my situation, does it mean that my 485 visa will definitely be refused? Or is there anything I can do?

I've been searching on the Internet about this issue, some says that it would be fine as long as I lodge the result before the case office starts to look my case, but other says that it has to be within 28 days. I feel helpless and confused. Someone please help!!!

First off, the rsms will take months, not days to be granted.

I can't imagine the tribunal will find in your favour. It was clear when I applied for mine at least that you had to have passed your ielts before applying. I would definatly get a couple more agents views, it could all work out very expensive for you for no result, or at least one which takes longer than the rsms would take to be granted.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

First off, the rsms will take months, not days to be granted.

I can't imagine the tribunal will find in your favour. It was clear when I applied for mine at least that you had to have passed your ielts before applying. I would definatly get a couple more agents views, it could all work out very expensive for you for no result, or at least one which takes longer than the rsms would take to be granted.

thank you for your information, I agree with you need to contact couple of agents to get more advice