Completing 176 Visa Online?

JoRed4

I was wondering if anyone who has applied for the 176 visa online recently could offer some advice. We have completed the form and were about to press submit when we remembered our certified docs that need to accompany the application, so I've gone on DIAC & found out that once you've submitted your visa application you get a TRN & you log back in using this number to upload any additional docs; however on the 176 visa checklist form it says that the checklist is for paper applications and should only be used as a guideline for online applications; apparently the checklist for online applications becomes available once you start your online application, we've been back and forth 10 times and we can't see where this checklist is!! We are just a bit worried as we don't want to submit the form without seeing this online checklist first to make sure that we have everything it's going to ask for... Regardless of whether you complete a paper application or an online application does everybody need to complete Form 1276 & Form 80? Help!!

Guest Altium

Hi,

you will have an opportunity to submit your documents within 28 days after completing the application form

You should not complete form 1276. For online application you need to complete form 80 - Personal Particulars for Character Assessment;

and form 1221 - Additional Personal Particulars Information;

I was wondering if anyone who has applied for the 176 visa online recently could offer some advice. We have completed the form and were about to press submit when we remembered our certified docs that need to accompany the application, so I've gone on DIAC & found out that once you've submitted your visa application you get a TRN & you log back in using this number to upload any additional docs; however on the 176 visa checklist form it says that the checklist is for paper applications and should only be used as a guideline for online applications; apparently the checklist for online applications becomes available once you start your online application, we've been back and forth 10 times and we can't see where this checklist is!! We are just a bit worried as we don't want to submit the form without seeing this online checklist first to make sure that we have everything it's going to ask for... Regardless of whether you complete a paper application or an online application does everybody need to complete Form 1276 & Form 80? Help!!

Ok go here:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

put in your details and near the top it has document checklist link.................

You upload your documents here:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

best of luck

Guest Taylor72

Hi

As Altium states you have 28 days once the application has been submitted to attach and upload docs. Also once you submit it will tell you once you log in with TRN number which docs are outstanding, so this is your checklist. Some people send rafts of documentation, but i just sent what was requested on the checklist and i had no trouble. I now have my visa woop woop !!!. Plus any extra your co will ask for, so try not to worry, just send docs that it is requesting and you will be fine .

Annette.

Hi

As Altium states you have 28 days once the application has been submitted to attach and upload docs. Also once you submit it will tell you once you log in with TRN number which docs are outstanding, so this is your checklist. Some people send rafts of documentation, but i just sent what was requested on the checklist and i had no trouble. I now have my visa woop woop !!!. Plus any extra your co will ask for, so try not to worry, just send docs that it is requesting and you will be fine .

Annette.

I have a CO assigned and they have just requested that I have my meds and PCC's done. I am presuming that all other documents required are met because the CO hasn't asked for anything else. When I log into the online visa status it still says that all documents are required !!!!! You will see from other posts on here that your status doesn't always change so dont rely on it too much, just upload your scanned docs and make sure that you have done everything that the checklist asks............

Guest Taylor72
I have a CO assigned and they have just requested that I have my meds and PCC's done. I am presuming that all other documents required are met because the CO hasn't asked for anything else. When I log into the online visa status it still says that all documents are required !!!!! You will see from other posts on here that your status doesn't always change so dont rely on it too much, just upload your scanned docs and make sure that you have done everything that the checklist asks............

Hi WoodyMCFC

Sounds like all your docs must be fine even though your status hasnt changed, otherwise they wouldnt get you to sort out the meds and pcc's. Good luck !!!!:biggrin:

Where in lancs are you from and where you moving to ? We are from Bolton nr Manchester hence why we want to escape :laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Annette

Hi WoodyMCFC

Sounds like all your docs must be fine even though your status hasnt changed, otherwise they wouldnt get you to sort out the meds and pcc's. Good lick !!!!:biggrin:

Where in lancs are you from and where you moving to ? We are from Bolton nr Manchester hence why we want to escape :laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Annette

Hi Annette, we are in Preston so im sure you'll know why we want to escape !!! On our way to Perth hopefully by the end of the year..............

Guest Taylor72
Hi Annette, we are in Preston so im sure you'll know why we want to escape !!! On our way to Perth hopefully by the end of the year..............

Excellent , just the same as us !!

Just noticed your wife is a nurse, same here:smile::smile:

Theres lots of us nurses escaping the poor failing NHS. Have you been to Perth before ? i have a friend in Perth and she loves it . We are going to Queensland, house sale going through fingers crossed . We hope to be there by Aug, hopefully with a job offer:cool:

So scarey and exciting !!!! you will have your golden ticket soon, and the feeling when you get the email is indescribable woop woop .

Take care

Annette

• 1 month later...
Guest emmacowap

Hey guys!

This is my first post so be gentle with me:) I'm just getting all my evidence together to submit my 176 visa. It's all so overwhelimg and I'm terrified that I'll make an error and then delay the application further.

Plus I don't have an agent, so hence my precaution. I a bit baffled by all the jargon on here, what are you referring to as your CO?

Plus can anyone confirm whether I need to have scans certified if they're the original?

BTW, I'm also a Lancashire lass:) It really is a beautiful county but I just feel so at home in Aus, plus my sis and neice are in Perth so its time to live the dream out there!!

Any advice here is much appreciated.

Hi Emma,

original documents with just a hint of colour on them do not need to be certified, you do get 28 days to upload documents though if DIAC require anything else they will request them from you.

I also did the process without an agent, I read the posts on here and asked lots of questions.

Good Luck

Sharon

Guest emmacowap

Another query about the 176 visa. I'm getting together all the evidence needed to prove my sister is my sister, ie, passport, bierth / marriage certificate for her change of name etc.

It mentions on the iimi website that you should provide evidence of family tree's etc to prove your relation to your sponsor.

Is this really necessary or would the evidence mentioned above be sufficient?

btw all, I still have no idea what a CO is? :(

Guest emmacowap

Thanks Sharon, you're a star!! :)

I don't seem to be able to post a new thread so if you don't mind will continue here as you are so helpful!

Can I just add a congrats to obtaining your visa, seeing folks like your good self give me hope that I really can there some time soon.

The next problem I'm having is with a section I'm currently filling in regards to my passport. It asks if i have an Australian Visa label in my passport?

I do have an old 1 year working visa in there which has now obviously expired back in 2004. Do i stilol have to enter the 11 digit no. or is this visa irrelevant?

Any help as always is much appreciated:)

btw, when are you flying off?

Hi Emma,

if you have the passport and visa number then you should put it on your application, we visited OZ for 3 days in 2004 on our way back from NZ, so we were issed with an ETA , no issue place, no stamp in the visa, I put down our arrival and departure dates and also that the visa was issued in Sydney aiport, no questions were asked, DIAC will have all of the info on file, so don't worry, just supply what information you can.

We are for a visit to OZ to validate our visas in July, hopefully to move permanently next Summer :)

Sharon

Guest emmacowap

Hi Sharon,

Once again thanks for your very helpful insight. I'm very envious indeed! Don't reckon I'll get back to Aus before I emigrate permanently as its just too expensive now with the exchange rate:(

It's kinda funny due to the fact that I expected the vias process to take years, I've had 3 years in my mind, and yet it seems that most people on here have had a relatively quick experience.

I'm just about to procede with payments on my online application. My last concern at this stage is at what stage do I get to attach all the relevant documents?

Will this be after I've paid the fee for the visa or have I missed something here?

Em

Guest emmacowap

Crickey Sharon, that was quick!!! :notworthy: Big thank you again. I reckon you could be my own personal CO LOL!!! :wink:

Hi Emma,

original documents with just a hint of colour on them do not need to be certified, you do get 28 days to upload documents though if DIAC require anything else they will request them from you.

I also did the process without an agent, I read the posts on here and asked lots of questions.

Good Luck

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Wondering if you can help with you going alone without the need of an agent!

We are doing the very same and happily plodding along however we are a little confused to say the least!

We have lodged the 176 Visa, me and my oh are not married so therefore uploaded Stat Decs from 2 members of the family to confirm our relationship etc, when looking at my checklist today its asking us to complete form 888, but I thought this was only for a spouse/partner visa. Would you know anything about this?

Nat x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anitk

Can someone please let me know that i need to certify all documents or the color scan of the orginals are ok. i just submitted online 176 but not attached any documents as the check list is showing everything needs to be certified.

Guest Taylor72
Can someone please let me know that i need to certify all documents or the color scan of the orginals are ok. i just submitted online 176 but not attached any documents as the check list is showing everything needs to be certified.

if they are colour scans they DONT need to to be certified. Good luck !!!

• 5 months later...

Can I ask if you scanned certified copies or colour copies of the original. There seems to be some debate whether they need to be certified for colour copies.

Can I ask if you scanned certified copies or colour copies of the original. There seems to be some debate whether they need to be certified for colour copies.

Scans of ORIGINAL documents are fine. If you don't have the original document then the copy you scan needs to be a certified copy of the original.............does that help ?:wacko: