Anyone completed Trade Evidence Form 331213, Joiner

Guest Ginjafro

Guest Ginjafro

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and optimistic that others will help and support.

Anybody out there recently and sucessfully completed the trade evidence form for a (Bench) Joiner 331213? Also, does the trade evidence form have to be approved as a condition of applying for a Vetassess practical?

It requires completion of 7 competency groups, some of which fit my defintion of your average bench joiner in the UK. Others though seem to be more appropriate for the skill set of site carpenters and glaziers. Much of it is within my range of experience but a lot of my work is performed in a workshop and opportunity to survey sites and perform site operations is rare.

Any tips and advice on responding to this form would be much appreciated. :eek:

My partner has recently done the online tradeset questionaire for vetassess, but he did it for welding. As long as you have done it or know how to just say yes, just be honest but not shy about your skills.

For the paper part of vetassess just talk about everythng you do and tools used. Do internet searches if you have to, we did this for health and safety questions.

Hope this is some kind of help...but I have had a few glasses of wine tonight(yes a school night) so could be way off.

Lucy x

Guest Ginjafro

Hi Lucy,

Thankyou for your quick response. Migration paperwork is certainly very thorough! I hope I can be as thorough too and give them what they want to hear.

Cheers

I think more is better, my partner wrote loads, he passed stage one. They will send it back if not enough evidence. He literally wrote about every little thing he did, when your at work tomorrow(if you are) think about every litte thing your doing and put it in your novel for vetassess!! They want chapter and verse.... (ha my boss :realmad:once asked me for that ...so I gave it to her!) :wink::biglaugh:

Guest Ginjafro
I think more is better, my partner wrote loads, he passed stage one. They will send it back if not enough evidence. He literally wrote about every little thing he did, when your at work tomorrow(if you are) think about every litte thing your doing and put it in your novel for vetassess!! They want chapter and verse.... (ha my boss :realmad:once asked me for that ...so I gave it to her!) :wink::biglaugh:

Bearing all this in mind I am attempting to complete the evidence form today, "chapter and verse", and hope that will enable to move towards the next step. In the meantime, I think it would still be helpful, if not for me, for anyone else out there struggling with this form, for contributions to this thread.

Guest tiddywiddy
Bearing all this in mind I am attempting to complete the evidence form today, "chapter and verse", and hope that will enable to move towards the next step. In the meantime, I think it would still be helpful, if not for me, for anyone else out there struggling with this form, for contributions to this thread.

Totally agree with you. My o/h is an electrician & some of the questions he has never done before or even trained in, but has a job offer & we need to pass the poxy Vesatess first!! so any help would be great. He is doing soooo much revision etc & finding out about the bits he knows very little about.

Good luck to all of you having to do the Vetasses in your field....

Im currently trying to do trade evidence for Painting & Decorating but finding it very hard.

Need to document every job for the past 4 years! I can barely remember last week never mind jobs and address! arrghh!

My boss agreed to do me a reference but is not keen on trowling through paper work to see what jobs I have done(told me to sod off..lol) Cant blame him though as im sure he has enough on his plate

At the moment im just having a best guess on dates for jobs and putting the town in as dont know the ful address :wacko: hope thats enough

Guest Ginjafro

Thankyou Tiddywiddy for responding. So are you saying your O/H has already completed the trade evidence form and now approved to the next stage, the practical, even though he has not been trained in or experienced some areas?

Guest Ginjafro
Im currently trying to do trade evidence for Painting & Decorating but finding it very hard.

Need to document every job for the past 4 years! I can barely remember last week never mind jobs and address! arrghh!

My boss agreed to do me a reference but is not keen on trowling through paper work to see what jobs I have done(told me to sod off..lol) Cant blame him though as im sure he has enough on his plate

At the moment im just having a best guess on dates for jobs and putting the town in as dont know the ful address :wacko: hope thats enough

Documenting every job for the past 4 years sounds really harsh! It seems that each trade has very different evidence requirements. Good luck....

The Trade Evidence is a bit of a pain for most people in Trades. Its almost like writing a Haynes manual for your trade.

You have to think back over the work you have done and give examples in the trade evidence forms. The more you put down on paper the better. If you`re good at what you do then make sure they know about it by what they read in the forms.

Im also a Joiner and have gone through this stage, its hard going for sure.

Guest tiddywiddy
Thankyou Tiddywiddy for responding. So are you saying your O/H has already completed the trade evidence form and now approved to the next stage, the practical, even though he has not been trained in or experienced some areas?

Hi

My o/h filled in the Vetasses form last night, saved it all & then when he went to check it all it had gone/deleted, unsaved etc not a happy boy, been doing it for 5 hours!!!!! That is a far as he as got so far, I quess he sends this in then books the practical??? He is only college trained in some of the areas I mentioned, but never done any off it work wise!!! Ie with regards to Motors & bits they have asked him on the Vetasses form, he covered it in college but done no practical nor done anything like it at work. He has really only done domestic electrics............ He trained as a mature student over 4-5 years & it cost us £££££, so although he as City & Guilds etc & been working as an electrician for about 5 years now he is obviously worried about doing the Vetasses incase & obvioulsy they will test him on bits he really has no idea about!!! We have a job offered in Aus aswell & they are have sent out the Visa applications etc, but he has to pass the Vetasses first!!!! He currently installs solar panels etc...

Do you think this is a problem then?:unsure: