register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Boring, Boring........... Budget.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry to bore you further with the boring budget, but.............

Is it just me when i say............. what is the point with these boring budgets?

Can't they put fags up without all this guff and pomp and ceremony?

I haven't seen what the Chancellor has done............ i started to fall a sleep when watching it.

Whats the pain, we are going to suffer and will it get the country out of recession?

Havnt heard a lot jim,we have music on in work tbh,i know i heard something about 50,000 apprentiships being created,dont know where/what their gonna build when out of their time tho?theres no jobs for experienced lads atm,never mind just qualified lads....

Oh and corporation tax is getting reduced i think,thats ok then,we ARE all in it together!:wideeyed:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

They have 2 budgets a year now don't they............ WHY?

Apprenticeships are a good thing pablo............. i know theres alot of trades people out of work, but............ with a million youngsters unemployed, we have to give them some hope.

They have 2 budgets a year now don't they............ WHY?

Apprenticeships are a good thing pablo............. i know theres alot of trades people out of work, but............ with a million youngsters unemployed, we have to give them some hope.

But what will they build jim? i agree with the sentiment but theres not much in the way of work is there,i dont know the answer tbh,but 50,000 unemployed apprentices is an expensive waste of £ IF they dont find work mate,i hope they do btw,just a bit dubious

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Guest siamsusie

Its a monopoly of figures!

65 GBP a week on job seekers allowance for a few weeks.

The Government then pay millions to companies to occupy job seekers in a classroom from 9 -5 on the premise of re education, this making sure the job seekers are not working black. 65GBP is then claimable.

Re-education on your own initiative is not encouraged!

The bludgers have brought this about in many ways, but of course the innocent who have paid millions into the system have suffered.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Ciggarettes up 50p per packet.............. who can afford to smoke these days?

Spirits up 54p per bottle............... dirty rat barstewards............ costs more for my whisky.

1p ofF petrol.............. aint we the lucky ones........... £1.33 a litre.

A 0ne year freeze in council tax................ £1450 per year already its about time.

Why can't they do this without this pompous announcement?

Then................. the thing that annoys me most is that they argue like little kids at school, pointing and giggling and smirking........... the moronic MP's think its funny........... when millions are feeling the squeeze.

Guest siamsusie

Public sector workers

Lord Hutton's report into reform of public sector pensions was welcomed – and accepted – by the Chancellor. He indicated that public servants can expect to pay an average of 3pc more a year for their pensions in future – which thanks to later retirement dates and a switch to a career average scheme, are likely to be worth less for many people. This is on top of the additional 1pc national insurance contributions that all employees will have to pay from April 6th.

Guest siamsusie

Those with large estates

As expected Mr Osborne has announced there will be a review of our inheritance tax laws, unexpectedly though, rather than clamping down on wealthier estate than can effectively avoid death duties through trusts and careful tax planning, he is offering a 10pc reduction in this tax if these families leave 10pc of their assets to charity.

Pabs, May I suggest some football charity?

just wondering if they stopped claiming expenses (that really they should not be getting, the average joe doesn't get expenses like them), or maybe making some of them redundant, maybe that would save the country some milliions.....????? I really could go on and on......

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Public sector workers

Lord Hutton's report into reform of public sector pensions was welcomed – and accepted – by the Chancellor. He indicated that public servants can expect to pay an average of 3pc more a year for their pensions in future – which thanks to later retirement dates and a switch to a career average scheme, are likely to be worth less for many people. This is on top of the additional 1pc national insurance contributions that all employees will have to pay from April 6th.

Don't get me going on the pensions Susie.............. we had no pay rise last year, well we got 1% and they then increased national insurance which wiped out the pay rise, then another 2 years pay freeze and then a pay reduction with the 3% increase in pension contributions................ with later retirement dates and less pension at the end of it.............. someone has to pay the huge debt off.............. us, the workers. On the news last night, it said.............. the interest on the national debt would be......

£50 Billion pounds :elvis::no::realmad::shocked::arghh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
just wondering if they stopped claiming expenses (that really they should not be getting, the average joe doesn't get expenses like them), or maybe making some of them redundant, maybe that would save the country some milliions.....????? I really could go on and on......

2 or 3 MP's have gone to jail already and theres others in the pipeline............ they are all bent, they were all fiddling their expenses and i would have jailed the lot of them.

Those with large estates

As expected Mr Osborne has announced there will be a review of our inheritance tax laws, unexpectedly though, rather than clamping down on wealthier estate than can effectively avoid death duties through trusts and careful tax planning, he is offering a 10pc reduction in this tax if these families leave 10pc of their assets to charity.

Pabs, May I suggest some football charity?

Ok susie,i'l get me will changed and leave that sticky packet of toffo's to the F.A:wink:

Guest siamsusie
Ok susie,i'l get me will changed and leave that sticky packet of toffo's to the F.A:wink:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Its a monopoly of figures!

65 GBP a week on job seekers allowance for a few weeks.

The Government then pay millions to companies to occupy job seekers in a classroom from 9 -5 on the premise of re education, this making sure the job seekers are not working black. 65GBP is then claimable.

Re-education on your own initiative is not encouraged!

The bludgers have brought this about in many ways, but of course the innocent who have paid millions into the system have suffered.

It doesn't seem to be doing any good from what I've seen, I know a few people claiming job seekers and they absolutely hate going on these going back to work or educational courses, if they don't want to learn anything then they won't, simple as really. You can stick them in a classroom but they're just there to get the money. Even the people who are genuinly looking for work don't want to be told that they have to sit in a classroom 9-5, it's just blackmail really isn't it. I think the work experience (I think they're doing that aswell) will probably be much more effective!

Guest guest37336

Just heard on breaking news. A rather sickly parrot has landed on an oil pipeline in the out reaches of Mongolia, it seems to be suffering from mange, and has lost the ability to fly home to North West Africa, in response 'OPEC' has decided that to safe guard the worlds' oil reserves it is going to have to up the price of crude oil by 10%, OPEC have said that they will try and 'not' pass the price rise onto the general populous, but can't make any promises.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

WHAAAAT ABOUT the Boring Budget, once a year, twice or should it be canned, surely they can announce the changes without this big HOO HAA?

Guest siamsusie
It doesn't seem to be doing any good from what I've seen, I know a few people claiming job seekers and they absolutely hate going on these going back to work or educational courses, if they don't want to learn anything then they won't, simple as really. You can stick them in a classroom but they're just there to get the money. Even the people who are genuinly looking for work don't want to be told that they have to sit in a classroom 9-5, it's just blackmail really isn't it. I think the work experience (I think they're doing that aswell) will probably be much more effective!

I agree with you Brit, but its a bit hard sending a 35 year old man back on work experience when he has worked all his life and never claimed a cent. I think one of the most demoralising aspects for our member of the family has as you rightly say is to go to the dole office. They are treated as morons! I am now waiting for the Inland Revenue to turn around to him and ask where he is obtaining his funds from because it isnt from the state!:mad:

Susie x

Guest Bobby

I hate our politicians but compared to Goverments in Asia Africa etc they are like angels, problem is that we are all the same and if we had the chance to claim what they have we all would, of coure the ones who claimed fraudulently should be jailed but 99% claimed within the rules even though they were morally wrong.

Budget was as expected but should have brought in a fuel escalator as muted in the past, beer up which was a blow for me personally but still far cheaper than oz which aint to bad.

I hate our politicians but compared to Goverments in Asia Africa etc they are like angels, problem is that we are all the same and if we had the chance to claim what they have we all would, of coure the ones who claimed fraudulently should be jailed but 99% claimed within the rules even though they were morally wrong.

Budget was as expected but should have brought in a fuel escalator as muted in the past, beer up which was a blow for me personally but still far cheaper than oz which aint to bad.

Ciggies and spirits up,slaughtering me,but a lot of people think yeah thats good,i dont!:mad:

4x4 3.1 diesel engine,starting it costs about 6 quid now:rolleyes:,woe is me:laugh:

Guest Bobby
Ciggies and spirits up,slaughtering me,but a lot of people think yeah thats good,i dont!:mad:

4x4 3.1 diesel engine,starting it costs about 6 quid now:rolleyes:,woe is me:laugh:

Petrol is a killler mate and it just shows waht bull**** politicians spout...when in opposition these liars of a goverment called for a fuel escalator...guess what.:no:

Lets not forget the great australian governments and state governments past and present with their involvements in corruption, quite a few dodgy deals gone on there.

I think beer and fags should have gone up more, everyone moans about how cheap alcohol is in supermearkets etc and how easy this makes it for kids to buy it, yet everyone complains when the government increases duty on alcohol in the budget and fags should be doubled in price, with those 2 big increases in duty they might be able to reduce the duty on fuel.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Seems the budget went down well with the people.................... riots in London it was carnage yesterday.

Lets not forget the great australian governments and state governments past and present with their involvements in corruption, quite a few dodgy deals gone on there.

I think beer and fags should have gone up more, everyone moans about how cheap alcohol is in supermearkets etc and how easy this makes it for kids to buy it, yet everyone complains when the government increases duty on alcohol in the budget and fags should be doubled in price, with those 2 big increases in duty they might be able to reduce the duty on fuel.

Ive yet to meet one person who moans about cheap alcohol in supermarkets,and if the price of ciggies doubled then i would go abroad to france and buy them there,there's a tipping point and the gvnmt know that

Guest guest37336
Ive yet to meet one person who moans about cheap alcohol in supermarkets,and if the price of ciggies doubled then i would go abroad to france and buy them there,there's a tipping point and the gvnmt know that

Hi Pablo.

I 'hope' this post isn't influenced by my background mate, probably is though,:embarrassed:.

But there has to be something wrong when booze is cheaper than a bottle of water, OK, so the booze offered is often own brand etc, but still beggars belief mate.

And friggin bottled water, what is all that about, OK, by one, then refill it from the bloody tap, am I wrong.

Ref the ciggies mate, I guess I am lucky in the fact that I STILL :shocked: smoke roll ups, and spend no more than seven quid a week, but like you I would simply bigger off to France etc if the price became extreme.

Cheers Tony.