Proof of funds for 176 State sponsored - SA

Guest Daniello

Guest Daniello

Hi guys,

I have just found out that you are required to have $20k AUD funds to apply for state sponsorship in SA. I don't at the moment, but will have by the time we get there, is this still possible. How do you proove your funds?

Thanks!

Guest Daniello
Hello Daniello,

You only need to have the funds when you arrive for SA, so you should be ok.

Sharon

So how do you prove you WILL have the money, as mine would come from savings rather than equity of a house? How does it work for SA - do you just state the funds that WILL be available to you when you move, or do you have to provide proof?

Guest Ari3139

Hi, we have sponsorship from SA and just put on the form what we will have. They granted us sponsorship and never asked for proof. Not sure if they will when we arrive but will have it by then.

Hope this helps.

Guest DAlexander

There is a form on the SA website under your application for sponsorship that you fill in. You simply fill in what you have and take it to a solicitor who will certify it as being true. You don't need any other proof, that's what our solicitor told us when he certified our form. I was going to take savings books/bank statements and the like, but didn't

Guest DAlexander

Yes I just rang my local solicitor and made an appointment. It took 10 mins. Its probably best to use someone local as you may need some documents certified later too.

Guest Daniello

Did you take proof of funds with you to the solicitor, or just the form? Did you have to pay for the appointment?

when we did our s.a state sponsorship we had to prove via bank statements and local estate agents valuation forms as well as having a notary solicitor to sign it off, without this statement sponsorship would not have been granted, this is what was required for the agents we used before they sent it off to diac.We used visa bureau and had our visa granted start to finish in 11 months a lot of waste of time paperwork, but, crossing the t's and dotting the i's to ensure no stone is unturned is the way to go, don't go at it with the half measure attitude or you will be waiting a long time

Archived