register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest cutieCool

Skilled Graduate Visa (subclass 485)

Guest cutieCool

Does anyone know if I can use visitor visa to apply for skilled graduate visa- 485? My student visa just expired 2 weeks ago and I need another visa to enter Australia to apply an onshore visa. :cry:

Guest Rami
Does anyone know if I can use visitor visa to apply for skilled graduate visa- 485? My student visa just expired 2 weeks ago and I need another visa to enter Australia to apply an onshore visa. :cry:

No, you cannot.

Guest cutieCool
No, you cannot.

Do you know is there any other visas that I can use to go back and use it to apply for the graduate 485 visa?

Guest Rami
Do you know is there any other visas that I can use to go back and use it to apply for the graduate 485 visa?

No visa ( tourist, spouse etc.....) can lead to eligibility for a 485 visa except for a student visa. Only onshore students with a valid student visa over their stay in oz who have studied in Australia for at least 2 years on top of other requirements can apply for a visa 485

Hope that help

Guest cutieCool

I have studied in Australia for 3 years. And my student visa just expire 2 weeks ago after

i come back to my home country for visiting. So even though I had an expire student visa within 6 months after i graduate, I cant use any other visa to return and apply for this visa except another new student visa?

Guest Rami
I have studied in Australia for 3 years. And my student visa just expire 2 weeks ago after

i come back to my home country for visiting. So even though I had an expire student visa within 6 months after i graduate, I cant use any other visa to return and apply for this visa except another new student visa?

if you are eligible to apply for visa 485 you can apply onshore ( in australia while you hold any valid visa ( tourist, student etccc ). after applying for the visa, you will get a bridging visa.

Guest cutieCool

Thank you so much for the information Rami. That is such a big help!!:biggrin:

From DIAC website, this applies to you:

you hold a substantive visa other than a non-eligible Student visa and have also held an eligible Student visa in the last six months

LINK: Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)

A tourist visa is a substantive visa. However you must do it before your 6 months since student visa expiry elapses.

And it must also be done no later than 6 months after you have completed your >2 years study.... Which differs to student visa expiry date.

SS NSW received 11/2009, Vetassess skills assessment reassessed 12/2009, 886 (cat 5) application lodged 03/2010, After 14/07/10 cat 3, CO 28/02/2011, VISA GRANT 02/03/2011

Guest maryam83
And it must also be done no later than 6 months after you have completed your >2 years study.... Which differs to student visa expiry date.

I am currently on my bridging visa of 485, I have applied my skilled grad visa with medical administrator , as my nominated occupation; now I want to change my nominated occupation to something which is also related to my study, but it has been more than 6 months since my study had ended. I am wondering will I get the 5 points, for Australian study, later on when I want to apply for 885?

Thank u

M

No visa ( tourist, spouse etc.....) can lead to eligibility for a 485 visa except for a student visa. Only onshore students with a valid student visa over their stay in oz who have studied in Australia for at least 2 years on top of other requirements can apply for a visa 485

For anyone using this thread for information on their own subclass 485 situation, be mindful that this post is completely incorrect.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Guest ABaron

A friend of mine is on a 485 visa his visa expires on the 15th of feb but his TRA assessment will probably arrive 2 weeks after his visa is expired... Is there anything he can do? any visa he can apply? i consider it is stupid to have 18 months of visa and if someone has to obtain 12 months of experience therfore the chance to get a job falls only within the first 6 months?? therefore if someon gets a job after the 6 months then its all screwed????? because that person cannot complete the 12 months of working experience??? please any help will be appreciated...

Guest ermak

Please, could anybody advise about Skilled Graduate Visa (subclass 485). I will finish my last semester at university in February 2012 and then want to apply for 485 Skilled Graduate Visa. However, I still hold a student visa till November 2013. Will I be eligible to change student visa to Skilled Graduate 485 Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Please, could anybody advise about Skilled Graduate Visa (subclass 485). I will finish my last semester at university in February 2012 and then want to apply for 485 Skilled Graduate Visa. However, I still hold a student visa till November 2013. Will I be eligible to change student visa to Skilled Graduate 485 Visa?

Thanks in advance.

You need to finish your last sem and have applied for skill assessment to be eligible.

Check the eligibility criteria in DIAC site. You must meet them all to apply.

And you cannot just change your student visa to 485. It takes a long time to finalize and chances are by the time you get your 485 your student visa is long expired.