Guest drew2282

are nvq recognised in oz?

Guest drew2282

i am an nvq qualified joiner and am emigrating with my wife who is a mental health nurse. we will hopefully be getting state sponsored from queensland government so i was just going to find work when i got there. i wasnt going to do the skills test as i want to put the money towards other things, is this going to affect me getting work in oz? cheers!

Hi mate you need to get a AQF111 to then enable you to get a licence if you are a site worker it opens up more doors but just remember one thing the building industry in queensland at the moment is stuffed so if you come be ready to be out of work like a lot of tradies are.

Queensland Sponsorship-June 08, Applied Online-July 08.......Medicals finalised 24 April 09, VISA APPROVED 1 July 09!!!! Arrived Brisbane 25th October 09. Applied PR 29 October 11, VISA APPROVED 9 November 11!!!!!!!!!

Guest JK2510

OH has NVQs in refrigeration and air conditioning. He completed the vetassess practical course in 2008. Basically by successfully completing that course that satisfys DIAC to say his skills are good enough but we have recently discovered that he has to complete 4 courses to get the oz equivalent(not something we found in researching whilst in the uk) he has to complete 1 computer theory test,2 practicals and those are fir the restricted elec licence and then another course to satisfy ARTICK. It all costs $$$$ and seems to be never ending.

So beware some tradies that the courses/tests to satisfy DIAC don't always end there!