register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

clairerichie

SOL 4 and Family Sponsor

hello everyboday,

am getting a tad bit confused as this immigration stuff gets you, If I have a nomination on the Skilled Occupation List 4, can I then get a family member to sponsor me still??

Or has this been abolished now and I have to get state sponsorship!!

it is all so confusing now and why have they made it so ridiculously hard,

:goofy:

Guest Daniello

I need to know the answer to this too!

hello everyboday,

am getting a tad bit confused as this immigration stuff gets you, If I have a nomination on the Skilled Occupation List 4, can I then get a family member to sponsor me still??

Hi,

U can only launch one application out of Family sponsorship and State sponsorship.. They are not one...

I can be corrected if I am wrong..

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh:

hello everyboday,

Hi,

Seems you confusing 176 (state sponsored) and 176 (family sponsored) visas. Albeit both need a sponsor (a state/territory in the first case and a family member in the second) and you need 100 points to be eligible.

SOL 4 is only applicable for those who are sponsored by a state/territory as is mentioned in the first page of the list.

Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 4

(INCLUDING DIAC-ENDORSED ASCO – ANZSCO CORRELATIONS AS AT 1 JULY 2010)

This list applies to occupations in the State Migration Plans (StatSOL) with ANZSCO codes. This list applies to applicants for subclasses 176 (Skilled – Sponsored), 886 (Skilled – Sponsored), 475 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) and 487 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visas who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency.

[/Quote]Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule4.pdf

Hope this helps.

armandra!

Vic SS online app: 6 Jan 2011 | ACS online app: 13 Apr | ACS Positive (Analyst Programmer): 20 Jun | Vic SS approved: 22 Jun | 176 e-Lodged: 23 Jun | CO: 08 Jul | Meds: 25 Jul | PCC: 05 Aug | Grant: 10 Aug | Wooohooooooo: Lifetime! :wink:

Perfect answer which clear some of my doubts too... SOL4 can not apply for family sponsorship..

HRC|496|30.08.07|Occup-Public Relations Profess|Ack -24.1.08|C.O.-20.10.09,11-05-2012|Med-09.09,06.12|PCC-09.09,15.05|Job veri-3.09.09|Grant-Got it Finally... on 18-June-2012:biglaugh: