Guest Taylor72

find a job first or where to live ???????

Guest Taylor72

Hi Guys

Got the visa woop woop !!!

Now do i find a job before i go and then find a nice area to live orrrrr , do i find the area once we move over and then sort the job mmmmm:wub::wub::wub:

We will be staying with friends in wulkuraka (near ipswich) queensland initially. I did have a job over but due to the skills list taking so long had to stand down as they had already waited 7 months. Now im not tied to the areas i had been researching at the beginning. So the dilemma is find a job before we go and plan around that or find and area and then look at jobs.

Which way would you do it :idea::idea::idea::idea:

Thanx in advance guys x

Annette x

Don't buy (or even take a long term rental) in any area if you're not sure that you'll be staying there. By all means track down areas you'd be happy to live and job search around them but while you've got the flexibility to go anywhere give priority to finding the right job for you. A fantastic area won't seem so fantastic if you're doing a low paid job you hate and there's nothing else available nearby!

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

hi, we are hopefully moving to perth, we decided to rent a house for a month while we look around for areas to settle, as for jobs i am an air con/ refrigeration engineer so i am not worrying too much about the job front. all the best & enjoy youre new adventure.

Kev

Hi Guys

Got the visa woop woop !!!

Now do i find a job before i go and then find a nice area to live orrrrr , do i find the area once we move over and then sort the job mmmmm:wub::wub::wub:

We will be staying with friends in wulkuraka (near ipswich) queensland initially. I did have a job over but due to the skills list taking so long had to stand down as they had already waited 7 months. Now im not tied to the areas i had been researching at the beginning. So the dilemma is find a job before we go and plan around that or find and area and then look at jobs.

Which way would you do it :idea::idea::idea::idea:

Thanx in advance guys x

Annette x

Where do you expect to be working? In Brisbane CBD or Ipswich?

Unless you have a lot of dosh to live on, get the job first. You might find yourself living in Cairns or Newcastle, you never know. The place to live will fall into place after that - if not only because it is much easier to get a permanent rental if you have a permanent income.