Funds required for WA SS?

WeegieDave

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering about funds required for state sponsorship for WA.

I will be lodging me application in a few weeks time for WA State sponsorship and

somebody has told me that you need to have a certain sum of money in your bank account for you state sponsorship. I have checked this out on the web but can't find any definite answer or sum required.

As it stands I dont have particularly much in my acount at this present moment. Could this affect my application for SS?

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

David

when i did mine, they asked how much we were going to bring into the country, if you are going for a temp visa I think they look for more because you have to literally look after yourself whereas a pr is a bit different, all we got was a letter back asking us to agree to bring $115,000 aus $ with us, however no checks are made to make sure you do from what i'm told. This may well of changed now, a friend of mine applied to Queensland and had to actually show a bank statement with the funds in.

I believe it varies from state to state and Wa are a bit more lenient. Just be honest if you have equity in your house put that but wether they take that into consideration i'm not sure.

Hope this help.

Guest Suz2011

Hi

I didnt have much funds in the bank when I applied. I did enclose a letter showing the research I had did giving costs of living ect... and how i planned on supporting myself and my family in the first few months. I also told them I would have so much money when the house was sold and we sold cars. I think it is supposed to be approx $20,000 for main applicant and $5000 per person i could be wrong . Hopefully someone will come along soon and confirm. I can email you the letter i sent if you want to pm. good luck suz

Guest Suz2011
Thanks Suz,

I may well ask for info of what you incorporated into your letter. I think I will contact my agent and ask him. I now feel slightly anxious!!

I wouldnt worry too much as they did not ask for bank statements. Just try and show you have done your research and you can support yourself for a few months

Guest Suz2011

Hi Just found this on WA website

Eligibility criteria – permanent residency

• Your nominated occupation is on the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) and meets the criteria, set by the Government of Western Australia, against your nominated occupation;
  • Commit to living and working in Western Australia for two years upon arrival;
  • Participate in a survey every six months for two years; and
  • Bring sufficient funds into the State to cover settlement costs.

All sponsorship applicants must meet the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's (DIAC) criteria for General Skilled Migration (GSM). Full details of the visa criteria can be found in the DIAC publication Booklet 6: General Skilled Migration.

Thanks again Suz,

I have worked out that I can save at £850 per month after paying rent, bills, food etc and still keeping a bit aside for lives luxuries :)

So in the space of 12 months I will be able to bank the equilivant of $20000 aud. I was just anxious about by SS being rejected on the grounds of my finances being quite low at this moment.

4k will equate to approx 6.5k just make sure you have done your research re living expenses etc, go on www.realestate.com.au get an idea on the cost of rentals, compare places like Madurah (south) Fre (south) , Joondalup (North) & Quinns (North) this will show them you have looked into it extensively, in my experience from my recent trip to perth I think it is on average 1.5 times more expensive over there on most traditional items so you will need to factor this in. In reality what you need to do is prove to them you want to live in their state and you have looked into it.

There's an old thread on here from about 2 years ago that shows most of the answers to the application form. I'm not sure what it is you can also look on their website www.migration.wa.gov.au have a good look through there you will find it pretty usefull.

Good luck and don't get to stressed remember those skills lists are there because they want us to go over there!

Guest Guest47308

This is also i want to know as we will be applying to WA for SS when oh's TRA comes back..... Positivly i hope LOL.

We will be taking £15k minimum, hope this will be enough :unsure:

PP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidney156

Hi Guys,

Just come across this site! Just having a simular gut churn to mr Dave up there. I already have my state sponsorship approval, medicals, police checks and everything else submitted for a 176 for WA. The only thing i am worried about now is that when i applied i submitted my bank statement with the required funds, but due to being out of work for most of last year i'm going to be down to around the £4K mark myself. Have just received an email from the emigration department saying that my application has now been moved up in priority and should be submitted to a case officer within the next 3 months. And i can expect a decision within six weeks after that.

My Question is, do they ask for proof of you still having those funds before granting the visa? And will i have to prove that i have the funds with me on arrival to WA?? Getting a little worried now as it will be a right gutter if the only thing that could get me refused is money? Will be ok if the visa comes through as i can save some more up before heading out. Have also seen that they are tightening up on fraudulent info? This is making me think that they will be asking for more proof of submitted info? Have a friend who has offered to lend me a bit to help. So see how i get on? Fingers crossed

Would be good to hear how you get on Dave. Hope it all goes well?

Any advice from anyone who has arrived in WA recently or who is just about to move would be much appriciated.

Cheers!

Chris.

Guest Guest 47403
Hi Guys,

Just come across this site! Just having a simular gut churn to mr Dave up there. I already have my state sponsorship approval, medicals, police checks and everything else submitted for a 176 for WA. The only thing i am worried about now is that when i applied i submitted my bank statement with the required funds, but due to being out of work for most of last year i'm going to be down to around the £4K mark myself. Have just received an email from the emigration department saying that my application has now been moved up in priority and should be submitted to a case officer within the next 3 months. And i can expect a decision within six weeks after that.

My Question is, do they ask for proof of you still having those funds before granting the visa? And will i have to prove that i have the funds with me on arrival to WA?? Getting a little worried now as it will be a right gutter if the only thing that could get me refused is money? Will be ok if the visa comes through as i can save some more up before heading out. Have also seen that they are tightening up on fraudulent info? This is making me think that they will be asking for more proof of submitted info? Have a friend who has offered to lend me a bit to help. So see how i get on? Fingers crossed

Would be good to hear how you get on Dave. Hope it all goes well?

Any advice from anyone who has arrived in WA recently or who is just about to move would be much appriciated.

Cheers!

Chris.

Hi Chris

I don't believe that you will be asked again regarding funds or have to show anything on arrival, personally I would want to go over with just 4k unless your single and prepared to rough it for a bit renting a room etc.

Baz

Guest cooks

Hi dave,

My family and I recently got WA SS we never had to provide evidence of funds on application just to provide an estimate on application. It does however ask on our WA SS agreement form that we take APPROXIMATELY $50,000 for settling in etc. We are a family of 5 so not sure if this is based on that but it was only recent FEB 11.

Hope this helps

Donna x

Guest Sidney156

Hi Baz,

Thanks for the reply mate, and good to see a bit of true brit mighty Maiden up there!!

For sure, would not be intending to head out with just £4K ( even though it is just me ) but was getting a bit nervy that they might want to double check my funds now and then may therefore refuse the visa grant? If the visa is approved then at least i can sit back and save some more before heading out. Pretty sure i will have no problems finding work in my occupation but would like to take as much as i possibly can with me.

Thanks again!

Chris.