got an interview, the hollywood clinic...anyone info??

Guest colsha7

Guest colsha7

Hi all,

I have been offered a position at the Thomas Embling hospital in Melbourne...they will start me on grade 2.9. so really quite pleased with that. I have an Interview for The Hollywood clinic in Perth (Wife has her heart set on Perth) Can anyone tell me anything about it???It is a private hospital "Ramsay health". I applied back in Jan. through an oversees recruitment drive that Joondalup health campus has. I got a reply saying they weren't looking for RMN's but they would keep me in mind if something came up......got an email yesterday saying they would like to interview me for the hollywood clinic and if I can attend an interview next tuesday in Manchester!!!!! Any info anyone has would be great.

cheers

colin.

Hey Colin,

dont know much about 'the clinic' at Hollywood or your job, BUT, I do have friends who work at Hollywood hospital (I work at the Mount) and many of our doctors run clinics and work from Hollywood Hospital also. From what I gather it has a pretty good reputation. Ramsey Healthcare own Joondalup hospital too, which makes them part public/part private ... and as a result, you benefit from all the perks of public such as salary sacrifice/salary packaging and LAFHA, their rates of pay are competitive too. Im sure if you were to say at interview you have been offered grade 2.9 elsewhere they may be willing to match it, you can only ask.

Hope this helps.

Nats

Guest tandcmum

can't help much as I'm still in the UK and I'm a RN, but just wanted to wish you all the luck with your interview next week. I have one the week after in Glasgow for Joondalup health campus.

JUst wondering what a 2.9 is? i think all the states have different pay systems

Guest annie0310

hi there, i am new to this forum. But i did a search on Ramsay Health Care, as i also have an interview in Glasgow next week. Do you have registration with AHPRA yet? x

Guest colsha7

Thanks..good luck to you both.i was offered a job last year but in the end we had to wait...kids doing a levels. Now we cant wait. The job in melbourne looks good but my wife has her heart set on perth...hoping to be offered the same money and relocation as i have been offered in melbourne. A 2.9 in melbourne is $64,475 i think all states are different though...but 2.9 is good for someone just arriving normally you are only offered 1.....depending on experience. I am old school been nursing for over 20 years. I dont have ahpra yet,i worked in germany for 15 years and only moved back to uk in 2008. So i need some paperwork from there...more red tape than uk and aus!!!!going over to germany next week,so hoping to get all i need then get it translated then i can ge it sent off to ahpra.

Do you already have registration???i have read it takes ages....

Good luck and who knows we could meet up in perh;)

Guest annie0310

Hi, It took me about a month to get together all the paperwork i needed to submit with my application to AHPRA. They received it on the 9/3/11 and i got an email stating i had outstanding documents from the NMC as they have to send confirmation of your registration directly to AHPRA so trying to chase thast up at the minute! Its a long slog but so worth it if i get there. Thats great they are offering u a 2.9 on the payscale, when are you hoping to move?

Guest colsha7

Soon.our son turns 18 next month and is doing his a levels,wants to stay and go to uni to train as a rmn. We have to look and see how he can stay to finish his a levels then go to uni....all depends on the part time job,if he can get one.no family here...all in scotland...so not going to be easy.our daughter will be staying,has an offer at leeds uni, adult nursing, so she will be doing that then coming down;)all going well we hope to be down end of the year.want to be there for start of school year for our other 2 kids;))) no one said it would be easy;))))

Guest annie0310
Soon.our son turns 18 next month and is doing his a levels,wants to stay and go to uni to train as a rmn. We have to look and see how he can stay to finish his a levels then go to uni....all depends on the part time job,if he can get one.no family here...all in scotland...so not going to be easy.our daughter will be staying,has an offer at leeds uni, adult nursing, so she will be doing that then coming down;)all going well we hope to be down end of the year.want to be there for start of school year for our other 2 kids;))) no one said it would be easy;))))

I know there are so many things to think about its all about daunting. I hope to get offered a job in Joondalup, then i can start thinking about finding somewhere to stay and schools for the girls. i have a house to sell also and the whole visa process to go through, whatever happened to the ten pound boats!:cute:. We too are hoping to be there by the end of the year for the girls settling in to school but unforunately its all depending on me securing a job and interviews is not my strong point. you should get a job no problems in Perth, ther are a lot of rmn positions advertised.

Guest tandcmum

Hi Annie, i see you are interviewing in Glasgow too, are you also going to the presentation the evening before? I am going to try and get through for it although it's a bit of a journey just for an hour. I'm also really hoping i get offered something at Joondalup as I really wantto be in the northern suburbs of Perth. Not sent of my AHPRA application yet, I have everything together barring my statement of service from my manager which I am just plucking up the courage to ask for.

Guest annie0310
Hi Annie, i see you are interviewing in Glasgow too, are you also going to the presentation the evening before? I am going to try and get through for it although it's a bit of a journey just for an hour. I'm also really hoping i get offered something at Joondalup as I really wantto be in the northern suburbs of Perth. Not sent of my AHPRA application yet, I have everything together barring my statement of service from my manager which I am just plucking up the courage to ask for.

Hi, yeah i am going to the presentation also. i managed to swap some shifts so i am actually staying over at the hilton to save the stress of trying to get there the next day. Yeah the statement of service was an awkward one, i left it till last as well. i think AHPRA can take some time though, they sent me a confirmation email, then it was 2 weeks before someone had an inital look at it. Are you having to do the IELTS? When are you hoping to move? What time is your interview at?:wubclub:

Guest tandcmum

I was seriously thinking of an overnight stay too but think we miht just driv throughon the moday evening, then i'll gt the bus/train on the tuesday formy intervie and make a day of it, hopefully my friend from Carlisle will come join me for a girly day. myinterview is at 11.30, how about you? I'm hoping I don't have to sit IELTS, it looks like form AHPRA and from the stuff Joondalup has sent me i shouldn't have to. We are hoping to make the move over just as soon as we can get organised really, possibly early next year, maybe earlier.

Guest annie0310
I was seriously thinking of an overnight stay too but think we miht just driv throughon the moday evening, then i'll gt the bus/train on the tuesday formy intervie and make a day of it, hopefully my friend from Carlisle will come join me for a girly day. myinterview is at 11.30, how about you? I'm hoping I don't have to sit IELTS, it looks like form AHPRA and from the stuff Joondalup has sent me i shouldn't have to. We are hoping to make the move over just as soon as we can get organised really, possibly early next year, maybe earlier.

Hi, yeah ur aswell to make a day of it, im going to do that on the monday, some shoppin and lunch then my hubby is going to join me later on when he is finished work. Quite scarily my interview is also at 11.30??? There is a lot of stress on the IELTS but basically if you can prove your secondary education was in English i.e a letter from your school then you dont have to sit it. I sent an email to the head teacher at my school and had the letter the next day. We r hoping to be there by the end of the year but need to wait and see how things go!:cute:

Guest tandcmum
Hi, yeah ur aswell to make a day of it, im going to do that on the monday, some shoppin and lunch then my hubby is going to join me later on when he is finished work. Quite scarily my interview is also at 11.30??? There is a lot of stress on the IELTS but basically if you can prove your secondary education was in English i.e a letter from your school then you dont have to sit it. I sent an email to the head teacher at my school and had the letter the next day. We r hoping to be there by the end of the year but need to wait and see how things go!:cute:

mmm thats a bit weird our interviews are at the same time, i had to pick from a load of times on an online thing did you?

Guest tandcmum
Yeah same, they sent me and email and i had to pick a time. Looks like al see you there then!

most certainly will :) would be good to meet and say hello.

pm me of you fancy chatting, keeping in touch through all this xx

Guest tandcmum
Hi

I've just come out of the Manchester presentation session. It was really good, and got the chance to ask the Ramsay staff lots of questions over a brew afterwards. Interview tomorrow!!!

Good luck

Xx

Brill, thanks for letting us know, especially as i was dithering over wether to attend it or not

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you x

Guest colsha7

thanks annie.....hubby just phoned, interview went well. they will let him know in a couple of days. They said that after the interviews they all meet up and discuss, they then contact your references all going well he will know end of the week;) they offer both permanent and temp. visas but prefer you to go on permanent....however the only offer RPN1....good news, according to payscale it is about the same as RPN2 in Melbourne;) He has a brochure which I will read through and post later.....

good luck next week;)

fingers crossed;)

sharon.xx

Guest tandcmum

so do they contact your referneces before offereing you a job? was going to wait till after my interview before speaking to my manager but looks like i might have to speak to her before next week :confused:

Guest colsha7

no, after all the interviews they meet up and discuss who they believe is suitable. they then contact the references....they told colin they would contact his references this week if his interview was successful....so you will have to let them know they may be contacted. they only offer a job with successful references. hope this helps.

sharon.xx

Hi! Thank you for all your wishes of good luck

My experience was a little different, as I was interviewed for a place on Hollywood's grad plus program. They started to contact my references within 2 hours of the interview finishing, and I have to wait 2 WHOLE WEEKS before I get an answer.

Thank you Suzanne for your interview tips. As you told me, it was pretty general and easy going, I had prepared a massive speel prepared about why I am the best nurse of all time ect ect, and I didnt have to say any of it.

Good luck to everyone who still has their interviews to do, and to your husband Sharon!

xxxxxxxx

Guest tandcmum
Hi! Thank you for all your wishes of good luck

My experience was a little different, as I was interviewed for a place on Hollywood's grad plus program. They started to contact my references within 2 hours of the interview finishing, and I have to wait 2 WHOLE WEEKS before I get an answer.

Thank you Suzanne for your interview tips. As you told me, it was pretty general and easy going, I had prepared a massive speel prepared about why I am the best nurse of all time ect ect, and I didnt have to say any of it.

Good luck to everyone who still has their interviews to do, and to your husband Sharon!

xxxxxxxx

Well done Beth, contacting refs within 2 hours of interview has got to be a good sign hopefully. I hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you

I'm getting nervous now and I'm going to have to speak to my manager and let them know of the possibility of being contacted