Visa timescales

Guest chicchan

Guest chicchan

Hi everyone....... I'm applying for a partner visa and attended the medical in early February. Does anyone have any idea of how long we're probably going to have to wait? I come to Oz at the end of April

Thanks

Joanne

Guest chicchan

It's a Partner Visa ( Prospective Marriage Visa subclass 300)

We get married in May

I attended the medical 8 February and thought I might have heard something by now

Guest chicchan
Hi everyone....... I'm applying for a partner visa and attended the medical in early February. Does anyone have any idea of how long we're probably going to have to wait? I come to Oz at the end of April

Thanks

Joanne

Got an update today. I meet the medical requirements and they require no further documentation in support of my application. But it could still take another 5 months to be finalised............. Seems to be a ridiculously long time to wait when they've got everything!!

Guest chicchan

Hiya

Height, weight, BP, examined chest and reflexes etc, HIV test, Hepatitis blood test and chest xray

It's anything to worry about

hiya

Thanks for that .... I am over weight will they be ok with that ... worried sick and feeling tense about it.

Thanks for letting me know and am sure it wont be long till you hear :)

You have to be morbidly obese with weight related health problems before it becomes an issue.. I can point you at the exact wording if that woul make you feel comfortable?

You have to be morbidly obese with weight related health problems before it becomes an issue.. I can point you at the exact wording if that woul make you feel comfortable?

Thanks thats put my mind at rest a little .... I have lost weight recently and am very healthy and havnt been to the docs in over 10 years or more. I feel very happy and well but you worry about these things

Thanks

If you could quote the wording that would be great - or point me to it . Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smish

Did you hear anything back yet?? I applied in February for Prospective Marriage and have my phone interview tomorrow.. EEeeeeeeeeeeek! My app is pretty messy though as I got deported from OZ last yr on my second yr holiday visa :( Stupid ! Now we are apart and have been for 7 months.. Really hope it works out!

I will let you know how long it takes after my interview for an answer,

Does anyone have any idea how long the process takes if you are sponsored by an employer?? I'm very, very new at all this......:huh:

Thanks

Melissa (30), Wayne (30) & Marley (5)

Is your employer acting for you or are they using the services of a an agent ? We have submiited everything now to agent who is acting for my partners employer and they suggest as long as simple and no hickups then 4/6 weeks on 457 visa

Depends what your job is and family members etc... each case is different

Be helpful if you explained a little more detail ?

Is your employer acting for you or are they using the services of a an agent ? We have submiited everything now to agent who is acting for my partners employer and they suggest as long as simple and no hickups then 4/6 weeks on 457 visa

Depends what your job is and family members etc... each case is different

Be helpful if you explained a little more detail ?

Blimey thats quick!!! Not applied yet, I have to wait until I qualify as a Paramedic early next year, just wondered how long(ish) things took.

Thank you x

Thanks

Joanne

I did my medicals mid Dec, and just got my visa granted today :) ... 4 months, 1 day after date of lodgement.

Me? My field is mainly SAS (banking, technical side - lots of SAS/SQL programming). Currently the bank i'm working with, is somehow linked to ANZ, is that why? Hehe. But I will be looking to do the same job in Aus probably. Now, gotta send out resumes again :/

Me? My field is mainly SAS (banking, technical side - lots of SAS/SQL programming). Currently the bank i'm working with, is somehow linked to ANZ, is that why? Hehe. But I will be looking to do the same job in Aus probably. Now, gotta send out resumes again :/

Am just nosy lol :biglaugh: thats great for you and am sure you will get job in no time ... I am a travel agent and my partner is lead engineer .. He has just been offered great position with Theiss construction in western Australia so we are nearly there now. :biggrin:

Good luck Piglet xxx