Construction Project Manager - Vetassess Question

Guest miniwing

Guest miniwing

Can anyone help? We're about to get my husbands skills assessed as a Construction Project Manager. He can evidence this role since April 2007 to present.

He also has a degree in Construction Management awarded June 2010 and a HNC in Construction awarded July 2007.

As we were completing the form online, this paragraph came up -

"This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a highly relevant field of study to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field closely related to the nominated occupation.

If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of closely related employment are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field of study, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field closely related to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome. If the qualification(s) is not at the required educational level, employment will be assessed below the required skill level."

As he only qualified with his degree in June last year, he obviously doesn't have the 'one year post qualification employment'. Although he's been in the role for 4 years and holds a HNC.

Anyone know if this looks like a problem? :eek:

Thanks

Can anyone help? We're about to get my husbands skills assessed as a Construction Project Manager. He can evidence this role since April 2007 to present.

He also has a degree in Construction Management awarded June 2010 and a HNC in Construction awarded July 2007.

As we were completing the form online, this paragraph came up -

"This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a highly relevant field of study to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field closely related to the nominated occupation.

If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of closely related employment are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field of study, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field closely related to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome. If the qualification(s) is not at the required educational level, employment will be assessed below the required skill level."

As he only qualified with his degree in June last year, he obviously doesn't have the 'one year post qualification employment'. Although he's been in the role for 4 years and holds a HNC.

Anyone know if this looks like a problem? :eek:

Thanks

I'm not sure if this helps but... I have a Construction Mgnt Degree (2007) and a QS Degree (2009). I have been nominated by a company for a Project Management Role. I had already sent my QS degree to the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors for a skills assessment for my 457 visa. That came through positive so i used that.

I was concerned that they prob wanted the Construction Mgnt degree assessed by someone else because of a project Mgnt role and not a direct QS role.

As it happens I also have more than 3 years experience so I sent my work contracts & refrences with my application to prove that I have the experience. I also sent in my degrees along with the kitchen sink.

I think if he can prove the four years and the degree be it under a year, he has no problem at all.

I am still waiting on the visa but it has been under a month since my application was sent in and no further info required. 457 take approx a month to be granted.

Good luck,

Kbo

Guest miniwing
I'm not sure if this helps but... I have a Construction Mgnt Degree (2007) and a QS Degree (2009). I have been nominated by a company for a Project Management Role. I had already sent my QS degree to the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors for a skills assessment for my 457 visa. That came through positive so i used that.

I was concerned that they prob wanted the Construction Mgnt degree assessed by someone else because of a project Mgnt role and not a direct QS role.

As it happens I also have more than 3 years experience so I sent my work contracts & refrences with my application to prove that I have the experience. I also sent in my degrees along with the kitchen sink.

I think if he can prove the four years and the degree be it under a year, he has no problem at all.

I am still waiting on the visa but it has been under a month since my application was sent in and no further info required. 457 take approx a month to be granted.

Good luck,

Kbo

OK thanks, it's hard to know whats best to do.

Out of interest how did you secure sponsorship with a company? Handy to know, my husband is heading to Perth at Easter and we're trying to get him in front of some agencies etc if we can.

Good luck with yours, hopefully you'll hear back soon.

OK thanks, it's hard to know whats best to do.

Out of interest how did you secure sponsorship with a company? Handy to know, my husband is heading to Perth at Easter and we're trying to get him in front of some agencies etc if we can.

Good luck with yours, hopefully you'll hear back soon.

I was in Oz backpacking (WHV) for a year and in the 2nd 6 months i found work online for the company through an agent (melbourne). When my visa was up i went travelling further. When i arrived home i sent an email requesting sponsorship and got the contract the next day. Pretty easy really

Dont worry to much about the assessment, my QS degree was a year old and I got a positive assessment with that and the evidence of a few years experience.

There is so much work over there so search the hell out of Hayes Recruitment etc.. Or go over on a tourist and knock on doors (thats the hard way)

• 5 years later...

Hi, i have a degree in Management Analysis of 1600 hours/class ( 2years) wich is basically about General Management and also a MBA in Real Estate and Construction of 432 hours/class.

Both in Brazil.

How many points should i get on my Skilled Visa aplication?

Thanks in Advance

Dennis.