Guest ctodd

class 115, last remaining relative changes

Guest ctodd

i am waitng on my visa coming through on a subclass 115 but they had changed the visa allocation from 2500 to 750 for 2011 i have been told i wont get mine this visa year so fingers crossed it will still come through in 2011.

has anyone else been hit by this and what kind of info you getting from immi?

so frustrating just wanna go join my family.

Guest vivchis69
i am waitng on my visa coming through on a subclass 115 but they had changed the visa allocation from 2500 to 750 for 2011 i have been told i wont get mine this visa year so fingers crossed it will still come through in 2011.

Hi I am also looking into applying for this visa as soon as my mum has her CPV visa. When did you apply and are you still in the uk?. The agent for my mum has advised that these visas are currently taking 6 months but reading various posts I do have my doubts. When you say you may not get the year which month are you relating to? What timescales have you been given? Are you using an agent?

Thanks

Guest Laura G

Immi will announce the number of places available for the financial year (OZ financial year July to June) in a few months time, this will then give an indication of timescales.

6 months is not realistic - more like 18 - 24 months, possibly longer if the places announced are low again.

500 of the 750 are reserved for carers - don't hold your breath

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

If DIAC wants to encourage Last Remaining Relative applicants to apply onshore (with a Bridging Visa) rather than offshore (with an increasingly long wait) they are going about it in the right way ...

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Guest Laura G
If DIAC wants to encourage Last Remaining Relative applicants to apply onshore (with a Bridging Visa) rather than offshore (with an increasingly long wait) they are going about it in the right way ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I agree,

Its not helping, it just causes processing back logs and more headache for DIAC.

I have seen clients in the past 12 months go onshore and apply, there must have been an increase in onshore LRR visa processing. Lol

Guest vivchis69
Hi Alan,

I agree,

Its not helping, it just causes processing back logs and more headache for DIAC.

I have seen clients in the past 12 months go onshore and apply, there must have been an increase in onshore LRR visa processing. Lol

Hi the situation I am I'n is I do qualify for LRR and have 2 children I'n full time education what sort of visa could I go on whilst waiting for this visa or could I apply onshore etc what are my opts?

Guest ctodd

the info i got was on 25th of Jan this year the immi minester for oz set the number to 750 with carer getting priority, my visa is lodged and i front loaded it but a reduction of just under 1500 for this year in visas being granted is not great news for anyone waiting.

I would go out and wait in oz but i ahve already had a working holiday visa so i dont think i can go out again while i wait for the visa to be granted, if i could i would be on the next flight lol.

I wont be happy if it takes 24mths i was told about 12 when i applied.