Guest airforceguy

Fraudulent medical check for 309 offshore

Guest airforceguy

My wife was given fraudulent treatment for her medical check for a Spouse Visa 309 offshore.

She was told she has TB and needs to pay for 6 months treatment before being approved.

Same day, she goes to another doctor, and the doctor finds she is perfectly healthy.

So how do we stop the first medical center from submitting the med report to DIAC in one week?

I am calling DIAC to inform them that we want to cancel our use of the medical center to facilitate our visa process, and I am calling the center to tell them to cancel it.

Any suggestions on what else can be done?:Randy-git:

I would have thought your first course of action would be to speak to the clinic that said she had TB and ask them why? did they do specific tests? To take the evidence from the other Doctor and ask them to re-submit the medicals stating a mistake had been made. Don't get mad just ask them to sort it ASAP

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Guest airforceguy

Thanks, we are dealing with the Philippines here. Thanks anyway.

Hhhhmmm sounds strange? I'm medical so can say be mindful of the word 'fraudulent' When complaining about a diagnosis for the first time. I'm not sure where you are but you certainly have the right to contact the General Medical Council with your concerns and keep copies of all correspondence for DIAC. I take it your wife has had a new full medical which has come back clear. I think you need to inform DIAC that a second medical was carried out (was this done by a panel doctor) they might not accept the findings unless it was.

I think you need to follow the complaints procedure correctly to make it valid. But the very best of luck to you and I hope you get this resolved.

Rach

Rammygirl

The other doctor will not state that a mistake has been made without passing it through the relevant channels. He can put himself in a very awkward position if he does.

Deal with the relevant general council in the Philippines.

Airforceguy

Contact the original doctor and 'calmly' explain that a second doctors findings were contradictory to his/hers. Ask them if they could check that no mistakes were made, and ask for the test to be carried out again at no cost to you. A mistake could have happened, and you may be pulling a lid from a very big can of worms. I'm sure they would facilitate a new test in light of the second doctors findings. And It would bring about a quick resolve. You can always complain later just don't make that a known fact initially.

Rach

Guest airforceguy

Thanks for your advise. I agree with totally. We just want them to cancel their facilitation of the tests. They know that they will lose 6 months of medical treatment payments when it's cancelled. A soft approach is my style, but this is a rort that goes in with these kinds of 'doctors' in the Philippines. When my wife will threaten media exposure, I think they will cancel the process. Please note my wife has never smoked or tasted alcohol. How would she get Tuberculosis? She is a clean cut Christian woman who avoids dirty places and areas of such risk.

I guess it's just so clear to us that we are not prepared to be soft with this Doctor, we know they want the money and we know we will need to go in with all guns blazing and spook them.

Hi Airforceguy

I think you may be making a mistake. I sit on a medical complaints board in the UK. The first mistake is having just two test which conflict. You now need to get a third to resolve the issue. At the moment you are believing the findings of the second doctor as this is the answer you most desperately need. But without a third independent diplomat diagnosis, you're just favouring one over the other for "the best result". If I sat on DIACs medical panel I wouldn't be just looking at the findings of the doctors. I'd be looking at your reaction to your wife's potential illness and how you are more worried how it will affect your visa, than how best to make sure your wife's health is taken care of.

There are folk with TB that wouldn't take kindly to your comments that you have to be a 'drinker' 'smoker' dirty person from a dirty street!

TB is spread when a person with an active infection of TB in their lungs coughs or sneezes, and somebody else inhales a droplet of contaminated saliva. Being spread in the same way as a cold or the flu.

I don't think your a very nice person Airforceman...sorry

She is a clean cut Christian woman

Yeah, cause that'll save you from illness ..

Why not speak to the first people and tell them you got a 2nd opinion and it is different?

Why not ask for a re-test?

How are we able to properly advise, when we are not involved?

Good luck, hope she is in the clear and you get the outcome you want.

My wife was given fraudulent treatment for her medical check for a Spouse Visa 309 offshore.

She was told she has TB and needs to pay for 6 months treatment before being approved.

Same day, she goes to another doctor, and the doctor finds she is perfectly healthy.

So how do we stop the first medical center from submitting the med report to DIAC in one week?

I am calling DIAC to inform them that we want to cancel our use of the medical center to facilitate our visa process, and I am calling the center to tell them to cancel it.

Any suggestions on what else can be done?:Randy-git:

Are you asserting that this was done by a DIAC-approved panel doctor? If so the finding might well have been (was most probably) legitimate. Don't take too much notice of the opinions of 'other doctors'; there is no test that conclusively excludes PTB. In active PTB cases 6 months treatment and several negative sputum tests are required for a clearance and a health undertaking will probably be required before a visa is granted.

Be guided by the panel doctor and if a course of treatment is prescribed, undertake it and finish it. Here is an excerpt from a work I wrote in 1992:

Doctors examine patients all day without saying a

word, mmm. Foreigners are treated better, but they are told

nothing either, unless they insist. When patients have a

prescription filled, they buy one or two pills at a time and

stop spending as soon as they begin to feel better. If they do

have the whole course of medicine, they are likely to give

some to uncle who feels sick, or reserve some for next time.

Next time they will take the medicine from last time or the

time before. You can buy anything over the counter,

prescription or not. I was made to feel guilty because I

refused to supply codeine tablets for a sick infant niece. I

had provided a few to my brother-in-law when destroyed a

finger misusing my power saw, and he had formed the

opinion that they would cure anything.

In our town, the local quacktor is called Doktor

Patay, doctor death. One wealthy and much-bereaved

resident constructed a funeral home next to his surgery.

Philippine revenge. The wife says Doktor Patay specializes

in overcharging and the unnecessary vaginal examination.

The free clinics are worse. If the first two patients have

chicken pox and fever that's it for the day—every patient

who follows is treated for chicken pox and fever.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Please note my wife has never smoked or tasted alcohol. How would she get Tuberculosis? She is a clean cut Christian woman who avoids dirty places and areas of such risk.

You've just got to smile:biggrin:

Guest airforceguy

Westly, how would you feel if you were separated from your wife for 12 months?

During that time you fell from a building and had severe injuries. After six months of recovery you were just able to gain work and save the $1700 to pay her visa fee.

Your wife went to a doctor. She was perfectly healthy. They told her she has TB and you need to pay 10,000 peso and your application is delayed 6 months.

How would you feel Westly? What would YOU do?

It is no secret about the incidence of OVERTREATMENT and FALSE DIAGNOSIS in the Philippines in the interest of making money. It becomes a vicious circle of referrals for the victim who is eventually robbed of what little money they possess. There are many studies on it, many after your 1992 'ode to the infalible doctors of the Philippines'.

There are great doctors also Westly, but don't be naive about it. You are also from the Philippines so I am surprised.

Google 'malpractice in the Philippines'.

Guest airforceguy

And I smile at my beautiful healthy wife who served an 18 month mission in Luzon preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to those willing to hear. She is very beautiful. I smile alot.. it's amazing how the Lord has blessed me with not only a physically beautiful wife, but more importantly.. a deeply spiritual, honest, faithful woman.

Guest airforceguy

:biggrin:

Guest airforceguy

:biggrin: Jesus Christ loves you :biggrin:

Westly, how would you feel if you were separated from your wife for 12 months?

During that time you fell from a building and had severe injuries. After six months of recovery you were just able to gain work and save the $1700 to pay her visa fee.

Your wife went to a doctor. She was perfectly healthy. They told her she has TB and you need to pay 10,000 peso and your application is delayed 6 months.

How would you feel Westly? What would YOU do?

It is no secret about the incidence of OVERTREATMENT and FALSE DIAGNOSIS in the Philippines in the interest of making money. It becomes a vicious circle of referrals for the victim who is eventually robbed of what little money they possess. There are many studies on it, many after your 1992 'ode to the infalible doctors of the Philippines'.

There are great doctors also Westly, but don't be naive about it. You are also from the Philippines so I am surprised.

Google 'malpractice in the Philippines'.

Tell me all about it.

I have been dealing with these people one way or another since 1985 and I deal with them for a living all day every day and I have advised you what to do.

Here is another excerpt from the work:

Australian Embassy

Migration Office

To whom it may concern

An unsigned and misdated letter from the Australian

embassy has arrived. This letter requests that I present for a

repeat p.a. x-ray so that my medical eligibility for migration

can be decided. I have complied with this request.

There are many unsatisfactory features of the

medical procedures required in my case and, I believe, more

generally. I intend to bring the general matters to the

attention of appropriate authorities in Australia. In the

present circumstances, I feel that it could be of some value

for you to have an outline of my views:

I am advised that there is no safe dose of x-rays. I

am concerned about being irradiated unnecessarily. I am

distressed by the fact that, to meet your requirements, I am

compelled by you to attend a medical centre of questionable

competence. I could say unquestionable incompetence.

My children were sent with no supervision to a

lavatory and were told to produce specimens—two

teenagers and one younger. If my husband had not been

there, they might have pissed in each other's pockets. There

is lot of that going on. New x-ray equipment was in place,

after about two hours of trials on patients the radiographer?

frankly admitted that nobody there could operate it. Patients

who had been waiting to be irradiated were sent to the old

equipment and were hastily rushed through.

We were compelled to sign blank medical declaration

forms provided by the Australian embassy. We

were informed that medical data we had hand-written on

typed sheets would be transcribed to the forms and sent to

the embassy. When my husband objected to this we were

told that it was always done this way.

After we made a point of enquiring, we were assured

that the x-ray films were technically adequate. They are my

property. I intend to claim them and have them evaluated, if

they are not eaten by the dog that ate my file. I am not an

animal and I object to being dealt with as if I were. I am not

stupid either—accredited practitioners. Bullsxxx. You can

smell the payola. Why not let me have a repeat x-ray done in

the province and send it to you? Are the Australian medicos

who deal with such matters unable to read an x-ray film and

decide whether it depicts the same person as two they

already have? Or did you lose them? Why don't we send a

picture of an ape and see if they spot the difference?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com