ENS 856 - any conserns from the employers side

Guest lg123

Guest lg123

Hi all,

I am currently in Australia on the sponsored 457 visa, with my partner being the primary visa holder. We would like to make the move over to PR if possible. I have reviewed my options and it appears that we basically have 2 paths we can take, 1 the 175 skilled independent migrant route and, 2 the ENS 856 route.

The ENS route would be our preferred path as the processing times seem much quicker. I done the points calculator last week and we both meet the 120 pass mark but this doesn't matter to the ENS as far as I can see.

We don’t think my partners employer would go through the ENS without tying her into a longer contract so I was going to approach my employer and ask them to do it. She doesn’t want to stay with them for much past the expiry of the 457 as it wouldn’t be doing much for her career/pay grade.

So, to entice my employer we were going to offer to pay the $2500 fee (maybe everyone pays it but they don’t know that).

Can anyone advise on the bad aspects for the employer in this situation? For instance, if they go through with it and after a couple of months I go on a killing spree, is there any comeback on them? From immigration, or the like? The obvious bad aspect is the additional work load on the HR manager, she done a 457 application before and I don’t think she wants to do one again.

It would obviously free us up to move and work somewhere else if we wished but I can do that anyways as I am here because of my partner.

So, my main query is, after the ENS 121/856 PR visa is granted has the employer anything to worry about other than the employee leaving them.

Thanks.