Best place for joinery jobs

Guest joncaz

Guest joncaz

Hi, We are looking at making the move this time next year and was wondering where would be the best area to look for Joinery jobs. My OH is a Joiner by trade but has been in the UPVC business for quite a while, also what kind of salary would we be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Hewitt11

Hi there, what a shame no one responded, this is exactly what I would have posted. Did you ever take the leap and move I wonder?

Guest joncaz

Hi, just had our medicals done so fingers crossed we will be there this time next year, doing research everyday but just needed a little help where would be best to look. Where are you upto on your move?

Hi, Here's a couple of good sites to have a look on for jobs, www.seek.com.au www.thewest.com.au & www.westjobs.com.au . There are lots of carpenter/joiner jobs in the papers but most of the time the don't say if they are NOR or SOR so can't help you much, also they don't tend to tell you what the pay is either! There is a lot of new builds going up SOR, not to sure of NOR because we don't go up there very often. Hope tis helps a bit. Good luck with your visas X

Guest joncaz
Hi, Here's a couple of good sites to have a look on for jobs, www.seek.com.au www.thewest.com.au & www.westjobs.com.au . There are lots of carpenter/joiner jobs in the papers but most of the time the don't say if they are NOR or SOR so can't help you much, also they don't tend to tell you what the pay is either! There is a lot of new builds going up SOR, not to sure of NOR because we don't go up there very often. Hope tis helps a bit. Good luck with your visas X

Thanks for that Cazz, Where abouts are you living? I noticed you were in Crewe, not far from us, we are in Widnes, but hopefully not for too long, are you glad you made the move?

Hi, We are in Meadow Springs at the moment but will be moving a bit further up nearer the Rockingham area in a few months so hubby can be closer to work ( He's at the airport). Yes, we're really glad we made the move & love it here. It was hard at first because it took hubby 6 months to get a job, but we don't regret coming here one bit. The hardest bit, was leaving my eldest 2 kids in the uk but we see them on skype every week & they probably have more time talking with us now than they did when they lived with us!!! LOL. My middle one is doing carpentry/joinery at college there at the moment & I'm still hoping he will change his mind & come over to us when he's finished ( there's no jobs there for him) & there's lots here. Good luck with all your plans, give me a prod if I can help with anything else . X

Guest joncaz
Hi, We are in Meadow Springs at the moment but will be moving a bit further up nearer the Rockingham area in a few months so hubby can be closer to work ( He's at the airport). Yes, we're really glad we made the move & love it here. It was hard at first because it took hubby 6 months to get a job, but we don't regret coming here one bit. The hardest bit, was leaving my eldest 2 kids in the uk but we see them on skype every week & they probably have more time talking with us now than they did when they lived with us!!! LOL. My middle one is doing carpentry/joinery at college there at the moment & I'm still hoping he will change his mind & come over to us when he's finished ( there's no jobs there for him) & there's lots here. Good luck with all your plans, give me a prod if I can help with anything else . X

Thanks very much Cazz. x

• 1 month later...
Guest thedmc
Hi, We are looking at making the move this time next year and was wondering where would be the best area to look for Joinery jobs. My OH is a Joiner by trade but has been in the UPVC business for quite a while, also what kind of salary would we be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

hi i just stumbled across this after trying to google joiners salaries in oz

i see that you are now out there after asking the same question as im looking for

may i ask why it took 6 months to find a job? also what are the salaries roughly dont mean to pry,

my wife and i are seriously thinking about bailing out of the UK or Great Britain as some would like to call it, been here 30 odd years and still looking for the great bit :confused:,

thanks

Hi, My hubby isn't a carpenter, he's an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) & all the jobs that were coming up were for licensed aircraft engineers ( LAME). It's a bit more of a niche job too. He ended up applying for any jobs that were for Trainee anythings! Got a job in the end fitting car windscreens & within his first week there got offered 5 other jobs!!! You know what they say about buses!!! LOL . Anyway , luckily one of those jobs was an AME job, so he's working at the airport now. Don't think you will have any probs with carpentry work. I think the average wage for carpenters is supposed to be around $75-79,000. My son is just finishing his 3rd year of carpentry/joinery in the uk, so I keep my eye out on the job situation & rub it in how much money he could be earning! Good luck whatever you decide X