• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello ,

I need your help and advise guys. I recently submitted my EOI and got 55 points (due to band score of 6 in writing i cant claim 10 points).

I have got a positive skills assessment from engineers australia and now seeking nomination from state .

so my question is what are my chances of being selected whilst standing at 55 .

hello ,

I need your help and advise guys. I recently submitted my EOI and got 55 points (due to band score of 6 in writing i cant claim 10 points).

I have got a positive skills assessment from engineers australia and now seeking nomination from state .

In your case, you need to go for state sponsorship where it mainly depend on the field for which you got the assessment. I believe NSW is accepting nearly all fields of engineering and the IELTs requirement is also been referred to Federal requirement i.e MINIMUM 6 band in each element (Kindly check for the latest update on the NSW webpage).

The other way could be to wait and score more in your work experience (but this could affect your age points) or claim partner points (if applicable). The minimum threshold is 60 and this needs to be secured to have bright chances

hello ,

No chance with 55 Points. you are not meeting the 60 points threshold. as Umair Suggested, you have 2 options.

1- Claim PArtner Occupation points (you need positive skill assessment from relevant assessment authority)

2- Resit in Ielts and score more.

May I suggest, you should seek professional advise as this stage and hire a reputed migration agent.

Cheers,

Usman

hello ,

Your chances of getting a nomination for state sponsorship depend on which states have your occupation on their list, which state/s you've selected and whether you meet the specific requirements of those states.

IMO, you should do IELTS again. You'll be surprised by how much you can improve your scores by doing heaps of practice beforehand. Here are links to a few PIO threads that might help:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106001-ielts-rant.html This one has some excellent advice on the Writing test

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/204946-ielts-band-8-too-hard-iam-tradesman-my-skills-my-hands.html

Or you could try one of the other English tests that are now acceptable. It seems that PTE may be easier to understand than IELTS and the computer based tests provide a better testing environment and you also get your results faster. For 10 points for Proficient English, you need a test score of at least 65 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, writing and listening) of PTE Academic.

http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-proficient-english.aspx

http://pearsonpte.com/ PTE

Dear Usman,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I need one help. Today , my spouse got ACS assessment letter . Her degree has been listed as major and she applied under system Analyst(261112).

If I look at the suitability criteria, it says that you need two years of work experience if your qualification is closely related to nominated occupation.So how can I find this.

Here are the contents of the letter.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the

ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Engineering in Computer & Information Systems from NED University of

Engineering & Technology completed December 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an

AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after January 2015 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 01/13 - 02/15 (2yrs 1mths)

Position: System Analyst

Employer: Standard Chartered Bank

Can i claim her 05 points.She already given ilets and have 6+ in each band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No dear am still in Pakistan but now planing to make big move ...

Rahmad... You may need to change your signature to .... Finalized 31 Jan 2015 Police Certificate Sent 24 Jan 2015 | Visa Grant 6 Feb 2015

BTW, when, where are you planning to move? Any job prospects yet?

• 1 month later...
hello ,

Hi Umair,

Which discipline of engineering did you apply for? I am also currently preparing my CDR for Electronics Engineering and it is taking a toll on me! A word of advice would be appreciated :)

-I

• 3 weeks later...
Dear All,

Can anyone tell me that I have claimed 05 points of my spouse and now I have 60 points in total for 189 Visa. I need to know that do i need to pay visa fees for 02 persons (me and my wife) or the main applicant (myself) only.

You must pay for yourself as the Primary applicant and for your wife as an adult secondary applicant i.e. $3520 + $1760.

Dear Oz,

Thanks. Just few questions. I reached 60 points on 22nd May and updated my EOI so when I can expect to receive invitation?.

Secondly the profession in which my wife is nominated has reached its occupation ceiling for this year (system Analyst) so will it affect my application as she is not the primary applicant.

Dear All,

I reached 60 points on 22nd May and updated my EOI so when I can expect to receive invitation?.

Secondly the profession in which my wife is nominated has reached its occupation ceiling for this year (system Analyst) so will it affect my application as she is not the primary applicant.

Need your advice

Dear All,

I reached 60 points on 22nd May and updated my EOI so when I can expect to receive invitation?.

Need your advice

Hello Umair,

Congrates that u have got I 60 points and I hope you would get invitation soon .i think it shouldn't take more than 2 months. As far as your wife's occupation is concerned if she is not the primary applicant it won't be a problem for you.if your occupation is still in the uncapped list then u will surely get invitation in a short time.

best of luck with ur application dear..sorry I couldn't read the previous msgs..what is ur occupation???

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rahmad... You may need to change your signature to .... Finalized 31 Jan 2015 Police Certificate Sent 24 Jan 2015 | Visa Grant 6 Feb 2015

BTW, when, where are you planning to move? Any job prospects yet?

Dear I got my PR in Feb 2014 ... At the moment am looking job online ... Am still in Pak and will fly for good in 2016 IA

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one tell me what will be the next step after filling out immi account. I have made immi account and filled in all 17 pages but so far they have not asked me for any document or visa fees. Only I need to submit information of all pages 1-17.

Archived