gr8leo87

Hi friends,

I got my visa in december 2013 but i moved to Australia in May 2014th. I landed in sydney although i have 175 because my only friend in Australia was in Sydney. By grace of Allah Almighty i have secured job of My field. Here are few tip. Don't repeat mistake which i did, although its your own choice to reinvent wheel :), Nobody gives me these advises these are my own invented ;)

-> If you think your visa will be processed in next 6-8 months, go to seek, pick all the jobs which are relevant to you. For each job, create a tailored CV and Cover Letter.

-> Please don't rush to Australia the next week after visa grant. Do some certifications relevant to your field, and also search for jobs which are according to your field but are unique in nature. For example, there are loads of Oracle/SQL Server DBA's are here, your CV won't short-list until or unless you have local experience (Yes, its not a myth), so instead look for DB-2, noSQL, TeraDATA, Salesforce, etc etc.

-> Accountants don't take it on your heart, but if you are coming here for Job, Please don't come, One of my bro's friend came here and after 8 months of job hunting finally decided to go back. Instead please come with plan B, which is If you want to do Job as Finance/Accountant/Tax, search a college here which offer diploma in the field, enrol there, come with sufficient funds and do that before applying for any job. Best Advise for you to come here with business plan. Come with your family (kids, Wife) and start getting centerlink payment from day 1.

-> If you can, then avoid coming to Sydney or Melbourne, Try to go to Brisbane/Perth (My own thinking, one can disagree). If you come to sydney and applied for job in Perth/Melbourne they wont call you until or unless you are very unique.

-> For me Perth is best option. 3rd/4th largest city, not much population and growing mining industry.

-> Please come with some australian education knowledge (Maths, English, Science). if you want to do odd job then why not provide tuition to students (High trend of tuitions for children here)

-> Apply directly to companies, recruiters here are so much straight forward, show me your local experience and you are in else you are sorry email receiver.

-> Try to start your job with any salary/position offered.

-> Be happy, look for bright side and please please please don't repeat my mistakes. Come with Plan B (Which is Business, don't give a S..T to job here, because you will always end up meeting your expenses (if you are with family) even if you earn $100,000 a year ($1000-$1500 is max saving for a family person).

-> People here are very friendly, you will love your life here, they value your work.

-> After arrival On every saturday/sunday do go out even in worst conditions so you can relax yourself. Because you will not have your friends and family here and here not a single person will give you time on weekdays.

-> Learn some cooking before arrival, you will enjoy cooking (At least I do).

-> Dont panic, if you find it hard to get a job here, go back to Pakistan / UAE. Start your job again, gather some funds and then come back again, Australia will be here but don't leave your field more than 6 months.

any questions..ask me...i will be more than happy to answer.

cutenice62

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear cutenice62,

really very interesting and inspiring thread u wrote, I would like to know more about centerlink and what they pay for before completing the 2 yrs.

Depends upon Person to Person and Family to Family, In my opinion, you should not think about this as it will be decided when you will arrive in Australia with your family.

Hi cutenice62

What is your profession? Is it HRA..guessing since this is a HRA thread. When you say "take any job" are regular office admin. or retail jobs available.(till one can find the right job)? Also would you have any idea when HRA is going to open in any of the states in Aus?

Your post was very informative. Thanks

Sheetal

Hi friends,

I got my visa in december 2013 but i moved to Australia in May 2014th. I landed in sydney although i have 175 because my only friend in Australia was in Sydney. By grace of Allah Almighty i have secured job of My field. Here are few tip. Don't repeat mistake which i did, although its your own choice to reinvent wheel :), Nobody gives me these advises these are my own invented ;)

-> If you think your visa will be processed in next 6-8 months, go to seek, pick all the jobs which are relevant to you. For each job, create a tailored CV and Cover Letter.

-> Please don't rush to Australia the next week after visa grant. Do some certifications relevant to your field, and also search for jobs which are according to your field but are unique in nature. For example, there are loads of Oracle/SQL Server DBA's are here, your CV won't short-list until or unless you have local experience (Yes, its not a myth), so instead look for DB-2, noSQL, TeraDATA, Salesforce, etc etc.

-> Accountants don't take it on your heart, but if you are coming here for Job, Please don't come, One of my bro's friend came here and after 8 months of job hunting finally decided to go back. Instead please come with plan B, which is If you want to do Job as Finance/Accountant/Tax, search a college here which offer diploma in the field, enrol there, come with sufficient funds and do that before applying for any job. Best Advise for you to come here with business plan. Come with your family (kids, Wife) and start getting centerlink payment from day 1.

-> If you can, then avoid coming to Sydney or Melbourne, Try to go to Brisbane/Perth (My own thinking, one can disagree). If you come to sydney and applied for job in Perth/Melbourne they wont call you until or unless you are very unique.

-> For me Perth is best option. 3rd/4th largest city, not much population and growing mining industry.

-> Please come with some australian education knowledge (Maths, English, Science). if you want to do odd job then why not provide tuition to students (High trend of tuitions for children here)

-> Apply directly to companies, recruiters here are so much straight forward, show me your local experience and you are in else you are sorry email receiver.

-> Try to start your job with any salary/position offered.

-> Be happy, look for bright side and please please please don't repeat my mistakes. Come with Plan B (Which is Business, don't give a S..T to job here, because you will always end up meeting your expenses (if you are with family) even if you earn $100,000 a year ($1000-$1500 is max saving for a family person).

-> People here are very friendly, you will love your life here, they value your work.

-> After arrival On every saturday/sunday do go out even in worst conditions so you can relax yourself. Because you will not have your friends and family here and here not a single person will give you time on weekdays.

-> Learn some cooking before arrival, you will enjoy cooking (At least I do).

-> Dont panic, if you find it hard to get a job here, go back to Pakistan / UAE. Start your job again, gather some funds and then come back again, Australia will be here but don't leave your field more than 6 months.

any questions..ask me...i will be more than happy to answer.

cutenice62

Wow really nice to hear that old forum friends settling in nicely. Really gives us courage who are waiting to fly :)

Few points on your above post

1. If we see at jobs, it usually spans across multiple domains say for testing, it says selenium, cucumber, jbehvae, testng. Usually we dont work on all of those but obviously for the sake of getting job we have to mention all of the tools which are in the job description in our cv as well. The ones we havnt worked on , even that we have to mention in our cv by just getting a know how on this. I hope this is how it works ... Right ? Tailor your resume to match 90% (go through the unknown technologies mentioned in the job description and atleast get a know how and mention it in your cv).

2. Are school admissions easy to get during mid year like Apr or May in government schools. Do they take tests or just look at previous records ?

3. Initial accommodation, how to manage if moving with family ? Through airbnb and gumtree and for 1 or 2 initial weeks is enough? How soon we can get a appartment / unit once we land ?

Probably most of us are going after burning all our boats from here. Its not easy to move again to UAE / Pakistan at regular intervals in case we dont get job there. Contract jobs in our field and odds jobs is still an option though.

Hope to hear more from you.

Edited by imi

Hi cutenice62

What is your profession? Is it HRA..guessing since this is a HRA thread. When you say "take any job" are regular office admin. or retail jobs available.(till one can find the right job)? Also would you have any idea when HRA is going to open in any of the states in Aus?

Your post was very informative. Thanks

Sheetal

Mark1234 is right. Take any job means your profession related role. Forget in your native country you are working as Manager/BA. If you can do coding and QA, go for this job, they don't require manager without Australian experience. For initial 2-3 months do casual job for @Max 20 hrs per week, it will keep you busy and negative thoughts will be away from you and you can pay you rent/general living with that amount, but as a sincere advise don't feel ashamed to go back and try your luck after 1/2 years. Its my personal opinion that if you remain in touch with your field you will always feel good irrespective of salary. Also if you are weak in English communication go to library near to your house or in you suburb. Most libraries offer free of cost English communication classes (I didn't take any, and its my mistake).

Wow really nice to hear that old forum friends settling in nicely. Really gives us courage who are waiting to fly :)

Few points on your above post

1. If we see at jobs, it usually spans across multiple domains say for testing, it says selenium, cucumber, jbehvae, testing. Usually we dont work on all of those but obviously for the sake of getting job we have to mention all of the tools which are in the job description in our cv as well. The ones we haven't worked on , even that we have to mention in our cv by just getting a know how on this. I hope this is how it works ... Right ? Tailor your resume to match 90% (go through the unknown technologies mentioned in the job description and at least get a know how and mention it in your cv).

First thing is that you have to bypass recruiter. It is very very hard even with tailored CV you can pass recruiter without local experience, so you need to mentioned all the tools mentioned in job description in your CV to get short listed because short listing is done through software (mostly). Secondly someone in this forum in recent history told that you should mention your achievements and that's a very very excellent tip he has given. After short listing company will call you for interview based on those achievements.

2. Are school admissions easy to get during mid year like Apr or May in government schools. Do they take tests or just look at previous records ?

I am single :) ask some family personal :)

3. Initial accommodation, how to manage if moving with family ? Through airbnb and gumtree and for 1 or 2 initial weeks is enough? How soon we can get a apartment / unit once we land ?

For accommodation, as per my knowledge you will not be able to take your own accommodation because they require some 2/3 months banks statement for source of income. You can stay with families offer paying guest option. You can get unit after showing some credit transaction as income. A normal unit will cost you approx $320-370 per week.

Probably most of us are going after burning all our boats from here. Its not easy to move again to UAE / Pakistan at regular intervals in case we dont get job there. Contract jobs in our field and odds jobs is still an option though.

Contract jobs / Permanent jobs fine but odd jobs :), Man you are not here to provide them cheap labour. They took immigration fee recognizes you as professional. IMO better move back to UAE/PK/Native country after @max, 6-8 months of Job hunting. You will have visa of 5 Years. And you can get Resident return visa as visa extension, so no worry brothers. Job market is cold here now a days. They are giving loads of immigration visas to boost their economy through foreign exchange we bring in to their economy. Its your decision in the end i just share my thinking and point of view.

Hope to hear more from you.

Well hope is always here :). I wish every one a bright future here. Answer of each point is given above.

Edited by cutenice62

One thing more, before coming please check the state website where you are moving. Each state offer some courses for newly arrived immigrants (normally 3 months are considered as newly arrived immigrants after first arrival). Enroll to them. They will assess your communication, CV and will advise you what needs improvement for job related to your filed. Following is link for new south wales (Again, i am scratching my head why i didn't go for it).

http://ames.edu.au/courses/programs-for-migrants/

Edited by cutenice62

Secondly someone in this forum in recent history told that you should mention your achievements and that's a very very excellent tip he has given. After short listing company will call you for interview based on those achievements.

But those achievements we mention will be tailored according to the role . Right or do we mention all our achievements whether or not specifically related to the role ?

For achievements do we mention the heading achievements or is it OK, if it is mentioned under Career Summary, Career Overview etc

But those achievements we mention will be tailored according to the role . Right or do we mention all our achievements whether or not specifically related to the role ?

For achievements do we mention the heading achievements or is it OK, if it is mentioned under Career Summary, Career Overview etc

achievements means what you accomplished weather true or false. Its your choice how you want to portray your achievement in your resume. Obviously it must and should be specific to role. Well don't overtake it, just be cool and normal. If you are good and positive it will come out good. Don't overkill your self by so much anxiousness. :xmas7:

Hi all,

I am quite new on this Forum thingy. I have started my case with one Migration Agent and he Lodged my HR Advisor (223111) State sponsored application for Western Australia under the Category 190 on 30th August 2014.

My points are 65. I need someone to please guide me in detail that what is going to be the next process? As i can see today on Western Australia website, processing time for the State nomination application is 5 days where as it was 30 days since last week.

its been almost 3.5 weeks my EOI was lodged but so far no response. Waiting is quite difficult part. Need someone to advise please.

Hi all,

I am quite new on this Forum thingy. I have started my case with one Migration Agent and he Lodged my HR Advisor (223111) State sponsored application for Western Australia under the Category 190 on 30th August 2014.

My points are 65. I need someone to please guide me in detail that what is going to be the next process? As i can see today on Western Australia website, processing time for the State nomination application is 5 days where as it was 30 days since last week.

its been almost 3.5 weeks my EOI was lodged but so far no response. Waiting is quite difficult part. Need someone to advise please.

Hi Mamoon,

Welcome to the forum. Was wondering how did your agent lodge your EOI with WA in Aug. as HR advisor profession does not feature in WA schedule 1 list right now. I am waiting for any of the states to feature HRA so that I can lodge my EOI. Do let me know.

Thanks Sheetal

Hi Mamoon,

Welcome to the forum. Was wondering how did your agent lodge your EOI with WA in Aug. as HR advisor profession does not feature in WA schedule 1 list right now. I am waiting for any of the states to feature HRA so that I can lodge my EOI. Do let me know.

Thanks Sheetal

Hi Sheetal,

Sorry for late reply. Well I spoke to my Agent and researched a bit about the HR Advisor profession requirement in WA. As it says Schedule 2, which means that there is a requirement of HR Advisor professionals but with limited seats. We can still try our luck, who knows may be one gets invitation.

In my case, I am still waiting for the response from WA State Sponsorship authority. Hope to see the positive feedback soon.

My main concern to post on this forum is to know the time scale WA is taking in replying to State Sponsored applicants.

Do let me know if you have any information in this regard. Thanks.

And wish u luck also.

Kind regards,

Mamoon

Dear Friends,

I hope you all are doing well. I have to involve you in a very important decision, as you people are so close to my heart.

I am thinking of moving to Perth in 4th week of January 2015. What you guys think?

I have following points in my mind:

· Exceeding 14th Feb would mean my flight & initial hotel stay will be more expensive as ICC World Cup is starting.

· I should be there at the start of hiring season to effectively apply for jobs.

· I will travel alone now and will ask my family to join me later (hopefully after getting job)

I know it's early/optimistic, but it would be fantastic to have my flat share arranged before I fly.

Best regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY12 | Form80 sent JUN12 | PCC FL Jan14 | Visa Grant 6th Feb 2014

Mate,

Dont know abt the flight but initial accommodation will be same I believe.

There is no such hiring season so come whenever you want to. Anyway public sector start recruitment process usually in July and till december everything is almost gone. Private sector jobs are all year around.

Once you are coming just remind me a few days earlier and will try to arrange some

Sharing accomodation for you.

Regards

Thanks Farhan,

Eid Mubarak to you and all my friends in this forum. :)

Best regards,

Mate,

Dont know abt the flight but initial accommodation will be same I believe.

There is no such hiring season so come whenever you want to. Anyway public sector start recruitment process usually in July and till december everything is almost gone. Private sector jobs are all year around.

Once you are coming just remind me a few days earlier and will try to arrange some

Sharing accomodation for you.

Regards

I got invitation to submit my docs on 6 dec 2013

You can count 12 Months after receiving Acknowledgement of VALID VISA APPLICATION for Subclass 189. give or take a month in time lines .... Waiting is hard but you have no other choice mate .... Invitation has no concerns with timelines as its the invitation to submit Visa application.

Yes, Atleast 12 months after receiving Valid Visa application acknowledgement.

Hi, I have been going through the timeline sheets and generally now adays for 189 it is taking around 18 months +/-2 for the visa grant from the time of allocation of CO for HR applicants....

B/w if the visa is not granted within 12 months, you will have to get the medicals done again... since the validity for the medicals is 12 months....

I could not find HR countries for 189 includes Pakistan. Could Anyone share the link please?

Accountant <221111>; IELTS 7.5 > 29-Jan-2014; IPA Qualification Assessment> 17-Apr-2014; IPA Skills Assessment> 24-Jul-2014; E.O.I (60 Points)> 29-Jul-2014; Invitation> 29-Aug-2014; Application Lodged> 31-Aug-2014; Documents Upload> 03-Sep-2014 (partial); PCC> Partial (in progress); Medicals> Pending; Case Officer> Pending; Visa Grant> Pending