gr8leo87

Dear Shawais

Do we need to call Thai Cargo Service or Thair Airways, Because I am calling Thai Cargo Number ( got from their website ) but no valid number.

and how many days they take to deliver the luggage and how many days prior to book from ticket or it is not linked with flight/ticket....

thanks alot

Dear Bro,

Call Thai airways and get thai cargo number from them ... ask details about the unaccompanied luggage ...

usually they book ur unaccompanied luggage on same flight but you can request them different arrival date if u want ..

u cannot get this luggage straight away from the airport ... you have to get it cleared from customs and then they hand it over.

you can get more details from thai. i paid 325 per kg(for isb to syd) + some custom charges at pakistan ...

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Bro

for the help, I contacted them...

Dear Bro,

Call Thai airways and get thai cargo number from them ... ask details about the unaccompanied luggage ...

usually they book ur unaccompanied luggage on same flight but you can request them different arrival date if u want ..

u cannot get this luggage straight away from the airport ... you have to get it cleared from customs and then they hand it over.

you can get more details from thai. i paid 325 per kg(for isb to syd) + some custom charges at pakistan ...

dear all,

can anyone suggest must have items when migrating with kids

has anyone carried kids medicine syrups and snacks with them

1) Medicines (Syrups: I brought cough syrup, stomach ache syrup, anti alergy, constipation, flu, fever... anything I could think of as you will not go around paying so much here. TO give you an example I bought Zyrtec syrup (anti aleragy) yesterday for AUD 15 and in Pakistan you can get it for Rs.100). For starters, bring it. When it finishes, buy it from here. Do carry a stamped prescription for all medicines (mention all of them in one prescription).

2) You can hand carry liquid upto 100ml only rest goes in checkin baggage. My wife carried an anti alergy in the purse so that my kid sleeps on the flight, it worked. So you can try if you want. My kid was little, I dont know about yours.

3) For the flight pls carry all snacks, only important thing is that it should have ingredients mentioned on them. You might have to throw away the opended one on the airport when you land in Sydney, due to the custom control on food. However, packed ones are fine.

4) Bring along kids cloths especially winter sweters and ear covering caps. Its usually very windy here.

Hello Friends,

I am sure some of you guys still remember me. I came to OZ in December 2013, started applying for job in January onwards. Initially i applied for 35 jobs (Yes, with the same conventional approach that most of us is adapting) with no fruitful result. I immediately realised that I have to do something different.

Not sure if its a coincidence, the moment you guys started discussing employment opportunities, I have secured a challenging employment in my own field.

...............or not.

Its time for change guys.

Cheers

Very well written post. I mean there are parts that I disagree with, however its covers all areas. Please please do work on your resume and bring it to Australian style. Amend it for every job. Check the add and use words that the employer is looking for.

www.applydirect.com.au is an awesome site, please use that. I however, found my job using linkedin. I am working as a Senior Business Analyst at Westpac Bank in Adelaide. Just a heads up for all, recruitment process can be phone interviews only or sometime several rounds of interviews/discussions. One last bit but most important keep praying and Allah will find the best solution.

dear all,

can anyone suggest must have items when migrating with kids

has anyone carried kids medicine syrups and snacks with them

Hi, yes i did - but make sure to get the doctors prescription and declare it at the airport. I took nimko & other snacks but if they ask tell them these are for childrens. secondly do not take big bottle of water - they only allow smaller one tell them that this is for kids... then all will be well....

Hello Friends,

I am sure some of you guys still remember me. I came to OZ in December 2013, started applying for job in January onwards. Initially i applied for 35 jobs (Yes, with the same conventional approach that most of us is adapting) with no fruitful result. I immediately realised that I have to do something different.

Not sure if its a coincidence, the moment you guys started discussing employment opportunities, I have secured a challenging employment in my own field.

I have been appointed as Project Engineer in one of the potential Australian Companies. It is a long story but to cut it short, I would like to say that dreams do come true.

There are something which you really really need to take seriously.

- Never ever apply for hundreds of jobs and wait for response.

- Never ever apply for job through recruitment agencies.

- Never ever rely on SEEK (it is absolutely useless until the advertisement is from direct employer, even then try to avoid seek and apply though company website and provided email), Reason of avoiding SEEK is because everyone is using it. Employers normally get hundreds of thousands of application though seek and its really obvious that your application will be lost in the pool. An applicant with no locale experience must be stand out, isn't it? Try www.applydirect.com.au

- Never ever use the same resume for every job. Instead of applying for 50 jobs with single resume, its much better to apply for 2 jobs with tailored resume.

- Yes, tailor your resume and cover letter for each and every job that you apply.

- Make 100% sure to reformat your resume in Australian Style. How? Here is an example, Australian employer don't give a **** about your job responsibilities. They are more interested about your achievements. Career objective and job responsibilities are outdated here in Australia.

- Never ever bother about the length of your resume. An Engineer like with (with 5-6 years of experience) can have 6 pages resume. yes, Thats true

- You already possess many skills but you don't put them in your resume. For example, Codes and Standards. You have to know what employers would like to see in your resume.

- You got to research Australian Market. For example, if my field is ENERGY, I have to have knowledge about Australian codes and standards, procedures, corresponding authorities, governing bodies, associations etc.

- Yes local experience does count BUT its not something as we are interpreting. Trust me, neither Australians are racist nor they bother much about local experience thing. Yes, you hear a lot that your application is refused due to no local experience but its just a general excuse because your resume hasn't impressed them. You don't expect them to tell you that Listen Mr. We didn't like your resume and we are not going to hire you. That's why they use thing local experience terminology.

- There is nothing wrong with the job market. Many many vacancies are still there but you don't know how to search for jobs.

- If you are passionate about getting job in your own field. Never think of working blue collar jobs because It will break your concentration and motivation. Just stick to plans, arrange sufficient fund so that you could survive and just concentrate on one thing at a time i.e. How to secure white collar employment (in your own field).

It is really important to feel like Australian and absorbing yourself in Australian job market. The approaches are completely different in this part of the world. I came to Australia with same thinking as you all have but I finally did something different. After applying for 35 jobs with no response, I decided to take career coaching. I did hell of research and I finally found one lady, contacted her and told her my whole story. We both worked together for sometime. Later, I applied for 6 jobs. Got 3 interview calls and finally secured employment in my own area of expertise.

I have gone through extremely competitive recruitment processes such as, phone assessment, face to face interview, written assessment, presentation delivery and meeting with board of directors. I am glad that i finally made it. :)

I am not advertising someone's business here but I just wanted to let you know what I have been gone through. Better to find someone with career coaching. If you would like me to refer you to my career tutor, just PM me and I will send you her contact details.

By career coaching I never meant resume writing only. I meant research, approaches to find hidden positions, networking, interviews, business acumen skills.

I am just willing to help many professionals like me. For me there is nothing to lose if you find your dream job or not.

Cheers

Hi,

You are right - securing job is very hard now a days...Can you please Pm me her number. Thanks.

Hi guys,

After the security clearance I was asked to go ahead for my medicals which were finalized last week. Today I have received below mail from my CO.

I am writing to you regarding your application for an Australian skilled visa (subclass 176).

The visa for which you have applied is part of the Skilled Nominated category. The Migration Programme determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa category. Applications for this visa are processed in line with Migration Programme planning levels. These planning levels have precedence over indicative client service standard timeframes.

The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year. This means processing times will be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category during this programme year.

As planning levels affect all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue checking the department’s website (www.immi.gov.au) for any updates regarding application processing or changes to the Skilled Migration Programme which may affect you.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Does that mean I might have to wait till after 1st July when new quota will be assigned? Please comment.

Hi guys,

After the security clearance I was asked to go ahead for my medicals which were finalized last week. Today I have received below mail from my CO.

Does that mean I might have to wait till after 1st July when new quota will be assigned? Please comment.

Never knew that SS 176 has also quota. I might be wrong, but your CO might have mistakenly thought of your case as FS instead of SS. Probably best to cross check.

Never knew that SS 176 has also quota. I might be wrong, but your CO might have mistakenly thought of your case as FS instead of SS. Probably best to cross check.

yea it might be worth asking..

Below url has details about the plan but it shows 0 for state sponsored for this year and next year :confused:

https://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Hi guys,

This is the general reply for 176 visa, i also got the same reply from my case officer and got the visa after one week.

The problem is that CO cant give you tentative date for Grant. But the good part is, that your file is processed and soon get the notification.

Keep checking you inbox :)

Hi,

Let me add up my job experience with this post. Agree with you on most of the Points and Got my first job through Applydirect and current job through Linkedin.

Always have a good Linkedin profile. thats the key. Please consider one more point.

Treat your Job search as A Full time Job, Tailor CV as per job advertisement, include cover letter, start applying from 8AM till 2PM. (you can expect HR call between 9AM to 12AM)

Cheers,

Usman

Hello Friends,

I have been appointed as Project Engineer in one of the potential Australian Companies. It is a long story but to cut it short, I would like to say that dreams do come true.

There are something which you really really need to take seriously.

- Never ever apply for hundreds of jobs and wait for response.

- Never ever apply for job through recruitment agencies.

- Never ever rely on SEEK (it is absolutely useless until the advertisement is from direct employer, even then try to avoid seek and apply though company website and provided email), Reason of avoiding SEEK is because everyone is using it. Employers normally get hundreds of thousands of application though seek and its really obvious that your application will be lost in the pool. An applicant with no locale experience must be stand out, isn't it? Try www.applydirect.com.au

- Never ever use the same resume for every job. Instead of applying for 50 jobs with single resume, its much better to apply for 2 jobs with tailored resume.

- Yes, tailor your resume and cover letter for each and every job that you apply.

- Make 100% sure to reformat your resume in Australian Style. How? Here is an example, Australian employer don't give a **** about your job responsibilities. They are more interested about your achievements. Career objective and job responsibilities are outdated here in Australia.

- Never ever bother about the length of your resume. An Engineer like with (with 5-6 years of experience) can have 6 pages resume. yes, Thats true

- You already possess many skills but you don't put them in your resume. For example, Codes and Standards. You have to know what employers would like to see in your resume.

- You got to research Australian Market. For example, if my field is ENERGY, I have to have knowledge about Australian codes and standards, procedures, corresponding authorities, governing bodies, associations etc.

- Yes local experience does count BUT its not something as we are interpreting. Trust me, neither Australians are racist nor they bother much about local experience thing. Yes, you hear a lot that your application is refused due to no local experience but its just a general excuse because your resume hasn't impressed them. You don't expect them to tell you that Listen Mr. We didn't like your resume and we are not going to hire you. That's why they use thing local experience terminology.

- There is nothing wrong with the job market. Many many vacancies are still there but you don't know how to search for jobs.

- If you are passionate about getting job in your own field. Never think of working blue collar jobs because It will break your concentration and motivation. Just stick to plans, arrange sufficient fund so that you could survive and just concentrate on one thing at a time i.e. How to secure white collar employment (in your own field).

It is really important to feel like Australian and absorbing yourself in Australian job market. The approaches are completely different in this part of the world. I came to Australia with same thinking as you all have but I finally did something different. After applying for 35 jobs with no response, I decided to take career coaching. I did hell of research and I finally found one lady, contacted her and told her my whole story. We both worked together for sometime. Later, I applied for 6 jobs. Got 3 interview calls and finally secured employment in my own area of expertise.

I have gone through extremely competitive recruitment processes such as, phone assessment, face to face interview, written assessment, presentation delivery and meeting with board of directors. I am glad that i finally made it. :)

I am not advertising someone's business here but I just wanted to let you know what I have been gone through. Better to find someone with career coaching. If you would like me to refer you to my career tutor, just PM me and I will send you her contact details.

By career coaching I never meant resume writing only. I meant research, approaches to find hidden positions, networking, interviews, business acumen skills.

I am just willing to help many professionals like me. For me there is nothing to lose if you find your dream job or not.

Cheers

This is the general reply for 176 visa, i also got the same reply from my case officer and got the visa after one week.

The problem is that CO cant give you tentative date for Grant. But the good part is, that your file is processed and soon get the notification.

Keep checking you inbox :)

thanks for your mail...but your case was FS and I am afraid what if they are thinking of my case to be FS as well as pointed out by imi :ssign2:

Hi, every buddy!!!!

By the grace of Allah almighty i got my GOLDEN email on 27 may 2014 :) . i am planning to travel to Australia (Canberra) withing couple of months to validate my visa, help required regarding economical airline ticket.

Thanks

Hi, every buddy!!!!

By the grace of Allah almighty i got my GOLDEN email on 27 may 2014 :) . i am planning to travel to Australia (Canberra) withing couple of months to validate my visa, help required regarding economical airline ticket.

Thanks

Congrats bro, finally u got it

wish u all the best.

Congrats bro, and best of luck for your future.

Hi, every buddy!!!!

Thanks

Dear All ,

I am an electrical engineer and have recently got positive skills assessment and experience (05 years). Now I want to claim 05 points for my partner. She is a computer engineer and I want to know what she requires for assessment (Like I submit CDR to engineers Australia). I heard computer engineers don't require these.

PS: She has one year working experience

Dear All ,

I am an electrical engineer and have recently got positive skills assessment and experience (05 years). Now I want to claim 05 points for my partner. She is a computer engineer and I want to know what she requires for assessment (Like I submit CDR to engineers Australia). I heard computer engineers don't require these.

PS: She has one year working experience

She will have to go through ACS for skills assessment

Can u please let me know the following;

She has only 1 year work experience and 04 years bachelors degree so does she need to submit any report. I actually want to know the criteria. I went through the ACS website but many things are not clear. Need your guys help

Archived