gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my friend who is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from Pakistan in year 2013 and also CA Inter from Pakistan in year 2005, wants to apply for immigration.

Is he eligible....plz comment...

If he is a member of CPA, then he should be eligible to apply!

Hi Joojay, the only reason he has mentioned about getting a woolen toppi is because its very windy in winters. Very difficult for children and adults to bear. Get you child and yourself woolen caps that cover the ears. No specific colours...but i guess dark colour blend well with weather...like grey, blue or black. I dont think school walay have any issues with colour (if someone can confirm??). Little things like these are expensive.

Joojay, what profession, which state and when landing?

Got our 175 visa in january, husband as primary applicant(electrical engineer). Hoping to land in Sydney, around mid or end of april InshaAllah :)

Summary of Medical Calls and Grants

Month: February 2014

Visa Type: 175/176/189

Number of Medical Calls: 07

Number of Visa Grants: 09

Oldest CO assigned received Med Call: 09-12-2011

Newest CO assigned received Med Call: 27-02-2013

Oldest CO assigned still waiting for Med Call: 07-02-2012 (excluding FS sponsored applicants)

No. of applicants waiting for medical calls: 175/176/885 = 10; 176-FS = 01

Ref: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgogun4vvmDdGtQTHNRbVQ2eHdHUFpienYyTUpTcHc&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

To get in the local Ausi market, how feasible / manageable it is do masters / phd etc coupled with some part time jobs. Do PR holders get some concession on overall fees ? Probably getting scholarship would be good in case of masters or phd.

Suggestions and recommendations from friends who are there will really be helpful. Doing some study there will atleast get the local education credentials , which Iam sure companies would consider.

To get in the local Ausi market, how feasible / manageable it is do masters / phd etc coupled with some part time jobs. Do PR holders get some concession on overall fees ? Probably getting scholarship would be good in case of masters or phd.

Suggestions and recommendations from friends who are there will really be helpful. Doing some study there will atleast get the local education credentials , which Iam sure companies would consider.

It is a good idea but an expensive one. With PR you get the fees of local students as opposed to otherwise international students.

As far as I have read you may not be eligible for student loan or may be scholarships if you are a PR.

If one can afford then it is better you top-up your qualifications with an Aussie masters.

It is a good idea but an expensive one. With PR you get the fees of local students as opposed to otherwise international students.

As far as I have read you may not be eligible for student loan or may be scholarships if you are a PR.

If one can afford then it is better you top-up your qualifications with an Aussie masters.

better to do it after getting citizenship .. u can get fee loan

Dear Friends,

I have finalized my tickets for OZ validation trip.

Perth 20 - 26th March

Melbourne 26- 30th March

I opened NAB online bank account as well. I hope to see Fari and other friends during my trip.

Best regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY12 | Form80 sent JUN12 | PCC FL Jan14 | Medical Call/Done 6th Feb14 | Visa Grant 14th Feb 2014

Dear Friends,

I have finalized my tickets for OZ validation trip.

Perth 20 - 26th March

Melbourne 26- 30th March

I opened NAB online bank account as well. I hope to see Fari and other friends during my trip.

Best regards,

ICT Business Analyst | Visa: 176 SS(WA) Applied MAY12 | Form80 sent JUN12 | PCC FL Jan14 | Medical Call/Done 6th Feb14 | Visa Grant 14th Feb 2014

Good on you mate! what air line and at what price did you get the tickets?

Dear Immi,

In the last month I did some extensive research on the topic and communicated in detail with at least 6-7 Australian Universities like ECU Perth, Curtin, UWA, ACU, CQU, UniSA, ANU, OUA etc. Fortunately masters in my field (Occupational Health & Safety) is offered as "Online" or "Distance Study" mode by most of these universities, so I enquired in detail about Fees, Admissions, Course load selection and gave them background information about my visa status and the fact that I am still not in Australia. Almost all of them except UniSA said that I am eligible for Domestic Student Fees which is half to that of International Student. However I am not eligible for any Fee loan or deferment. Fees per course was around AUD 2000 and for masters in OHS you need to complete 12 courses in 4 semesters or more. So indicative fees for a year (2 semesters) stood at around AUD 13000/= (Which is certainly half of what International Students pay....as my younger brother is an international student in Uuniversity of Technology Sydney).

While looking for jobs on SEEK, I realized that a lot of H&S jobs ask for Cert IV in H&S....so I did some research on that and that course is also offered online by a TAFE College "Polytechnic West" and the total cost is around AUD 2500.

I am thinking now to do first Cert IV in H&S and then by Year End 2014 enrol in Masters and take one course per semester. This is a plan and lets see if this happens :).

Anyways, I hope above information is helpful. One more thing is that Master's in Engineering programs are subsidized by the Government (most of the times) and cost AUD 8000 per year in most of the universities, however none of them is offered online (for obvious reasons).

Starting from Kuwait, I had to go to Doha, Abu Dhabi or Dubai for most of my flights to OZ. There are direct flights like Emirates and Qatar Airline (11 Hrs DXB>Perth & 16 Hrs Melbourne>DXB) but since we wanted to have a break so we decided to use a stopover. Here is my itinerary per adult:

Kuwait>DXB (Kuwait Airways), DXB>Singapore >Perth (Singapore Airline)

Price: $870

Perth>Melbourne

Price: $155

Melbourne>Kuala Lumpur>Dubai (Malaysian Airline), DXB>Kuwait (Emirates)

Price: $940

I would have saved much if I was in Dubai already. I did all search through Expedia and asked travel agent to finalize it for me. It was cheaper with travel agent (Alghanim). I might have saved some bucks if I had not chosen for wiser arriving/departure time and comfortable layover time.

Good on you mate! what air line and at what price did you get the tickets?

As a PR holder, you pay CSP (local) fees on a number of post-graduate taught courses (masters, PG diplomas etc). However, getting a CSP place is not guaranteed, and if you're not successful in getting a CSP, you'll be liable for full fees which can amount to $25,000+ per year.

As far as research postgraduate degrees are concerned, both masters by research and PhD are fee-free for PRs under the RTS program. Plus you can apply for scholarships such as APA (Australian Postgraduate Awards), which pay a tax-free yearly living allowance. They are insanely competitive though.

Congrats

My dearest brother congrats I am very happy for u and prayed for u.

Which place u r coming?

047 congrats bro ...

047 heartiest congratulations....when planning to come to Australia?

Brother 047 really happy for your grant.......

Congratulations bro.... :) .... at last your patience paid dividend. i also got the same reply as urs regarding number of place couple of months ago.. .. waiting for the silver email.
Congratulations 047 for your visa grant, after such a long time it must feel like a miracle! :wubclub:

Before updating my move many congrats to all who got grants especially 047 as member of super seven.

Wow Zabardast!! Many many congrats. Wish you best of luck. :)

Sorry colleagues for the very late reply, was unable to log on the system due to some reasons for a couple of weeks....

Thanks RaheelK, Pakistani, rahmed, engr520, tauseefahmed, neon, Maruska, korg, Cognos Man :smile:

Pakistani, engr520: I am planning to go to Sydney in end of April.

Sorry colleagues for the very late reply, was unable to log on the system due to some reasons for a couple of weeks....

Thanks RaheelK, Pakistani, rahmed, engr520, tauseefahmed, neon, Maruska, korg, Cognos Man :smile:

Pakistani, engr520: I am planning to go to Sydney in end of April.

Waooo great news bro . … very happy for u ... wish u all the best.

Dear Freiends,

I met Assistant Commissioner of Tax he is a Pakistani migrated Australia and in the his late 60's. He is my brothers colleagues father.. He told me that and it was quite strange and he said most of the jobs go to Bacholers its useless and waste of money to do Masters because you will not be getting any job.

Dear Freiends,

I met Assistant Commissioner of Tax he is a Pakistani migrated Australia and in the his late 60's. He is my brothers colleagues father.. He told me that and it was quite strange and he said most of the jobs go to Bacholers its useless and waste of money to do Masters because you will not be getting any job.

Dear friend, I agree with ur statement. Its true and they prefer bachelor degree as compared to master degree

The least you should do is carry a printout of the VEVO system page which shows your visa details.

It is not the airport authority's responsibility to print out visa entitlement details for you.

Check-in staff can verify your details using the APP system provided by DIAC, but the immigration/passport control officers may insist on seeing at least a VEVO printout (grant letter). One of my friends went through a lot of trouble at LHE for the same reason recently.

Hello friends,

I saw this post on linkedIn, so thought to share it here.

Since there are a lot of people interested in moving to Australia, a few pointers before you consider such a move.

1. Understand the market. Do not assume that since you have 10 years or 15 years of experience you are "entitled" for a great job. Australia is a market where people are specialized. People can work for 10 years in the same area as a developer or a consultant. You will be competing against these people. And if you are from India, there is a good chance that you have more breadth than depth. So 7 - 8 years is not a huge deal.

2. Australia has 20 million people. To put that into perspective, it is equivalent of Mumbai and Delhi together. The market is that small and IT jobs are restricted to 4 - 5 cities here

3. The economy seems close to a recession, which means that there are more people in the job market.

4. Just because there are openings and you are the expert in that field does not mean you will get that job. SEEK is full of fake job postings. Recruitment system is broken. You need networks to find jobs. Just because your resume looks good to you does not mean it fits the culture and expectations here. People look for Aussie experience as well.

5. In case you are in managerial or project management roles, you need relevant certification. In many cases you might need to find a job that is a step down compared to India.

It is easier to find pure tech based jobs if they are in demand. Generic jobs like Java developer,.Net developer etc., are much more hard to find. If you want to move, this is not the greatest time to move here. Be prepared to spend 4 - 5 months. The best bet is to find a job from India or make an internal transfer.

Good luck to everyone.

a nightmare....

Hello friends,

Since there are a lot of people interested in moving to Australia, a few pointers before you consider such a move.

1. Understand the market. Do not assume that since you have 10 years or 15 years of experience you are "entitled" for a great job. Australia is a market where people are specialized. People can work for 10 years in the same area as a developer or a consultant. You will be competing against these people. And if you are from India, there is a good chance that you have more breadth than depth. So 7 - 8 years is not a huge deal.

2. Australia has 20 million people. To put that into perspective, it is equivalent of Mumbai and Delhi together. The market is that small and IT jobs are restricted to 4 - 5 cities here

3. The economy seems close to a recession, which means that there are more people in the job market.

4. Just because there are openings and you are the expert in that field does not mean you will get that job. SEEK is full of fake job postings. Recruitment system is broken. You need networks to find jobs. Just because your resume looks good to you does not mean it fits the culture and expectations here. People look for Aussie experience as well.

5. In case you are in managerial or project management roles, you need relevant certification. In many cases you might need to find a job that is a step down compared to India.

It is easier to find pure tech based jobs if they are in demand. Generic jobs like Java developer,.Net developer etc., are much more hard to find. If you want to move, this is not the greatest time to move here. Be prepared to spend 4 - 5 months. The best bet is to find a job from India or make an internal transfer.

Good luck to everyone.

Dear Shawais, you are in a good position to judge things closely. Your below post and some one else that graduate are preferred for jobs than Masters, all might be right.

I heard from friends in Aus too that job market is tight but we should believe that these are things that comes with your luck. We should be prepared for the worst and bag any skill/certificate that we can and then leave all on Allah. Because with the help of Allah we got grants and with the help of Allah we will get jobs and happy lives their.

What we can is to get connected closely, it will help in getting jobs. I would suggest a facebook group for Pakistanis in OZ for job related updates, if some one can maintain that.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by shawais viewpost-right.png

Hello friends,

Good luck to everyone.

Archived